Sin Bin Threads

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Agree totally,,, Thought Toms sinners messages were a cert for original thread Oscar, and the best poster in a supporting role for yourself Faraway,, really loved those posts like,,,,, here`s one for you pishy pants GIRUY :lol:

I miss my posts...............................although Tom was only the straight man, or stooge as some would say. :lol:

I might start a "Bring Back The Sin Bin Threads" thread. :P

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Is it worth starting a new thread in here or are they going to get binned? :blink:

Some of my best work was in the threads in here............................that tunnel gag, fx sake, a howler. :lol:

Any chance of some answer to his as I have hunners of threads waiting to grace this section?

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

Still don't know why you ended up in here, though. It would be good to know the reasons why any others end up here, if anyone else does. Just a quick post from Div to let everyone know would suffice, no need for debating rights or wrongs.

If you've been annoying, been constantly trolling or just downright rude, we'll move you to our Sinners group.

Simple as that.

5 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Why would you think that?

It stopped the main polluter of threads from turning just about every thread, especially in GN, into an #SNPBad rant, showed him to be just an attention seeking cunt and eventually drove him away because he wasn't getting the attention he craved.

I expect that the forum will slowly start picking back up again when ex-posters hear that he is gone.

All for the good in my opinion.

Still don't know why you ended up in here, though. It would be good to know the reasons why any others end up here, if anyone else does. Just a quick post from Div to let everyone know would suffice, no need for debating rights or wrongs.

Please its cnut.................. Or you face the wrath and the Sin Bin , as its soul occupant

And thank f**k for that! That way lies chaos.

By not giving a specific reason for why each person has been put in here, I think that you may be leaving yourself open to accusations of "getting out the wrong side of the bed this morning", "didn't get his end away last night", etc.

Just my opinion, I'm not going to labour the point.

Yeah that is fair comment.

I've taken the Sin Bin down, will reactivate it in future if I feel the need arises.

The aim here is never that everyone agrees with everything that everyone says, but please respect the other members and their views and don't troll the forum with endless off topic drivel and we'll all get along just fine.

Bottom line, it's Div's baw, and the vast majority of folk play with Div's baw (ooh err matron) without constantly kicking Div's baw over the top of the West Bank into the car park, causing Div grief. It seems to me that Div doesn't take anyone's baw away from them unless they're being utter tools. Then he withdraws baw use. He doesn't need to explain himself to anyone, bar maybe a PM to the utter tool being made bawless. Simply reading the forum as a regular, it becomes abundantly clear why folk found themselves in Div's big bawless bin... unless your name is Stevie Bawless Wonder.

Edited by pozbaird

And thank f**k for that! That way lies chaos.

By not giving a specific reason for why each person has been put in here, I think that you may be leaving yourself open to accusations of "getting out the wrong side of the bed this morning", "didn't get his end away last night", etc.

Just my opinion, I'm not going to labour the point.

Indeed.

Not all ideas work, this, clearly, didn't.

Although I can't wait for the deluge of ex forum members to make an appearance now that the devil has been banned. :whistle

Just now, FTOF said:

I was only responding to your assertion that the sin bin  "didn't work", when clearly, for a significant number of people it did.

Aye, coz you're a significant number of people. :lol:

The issue of any members being seen as detrimental to the forum could easily, and more professionally, dealt with by a clear warning and, or, a ban.

What has it achieved?

Hee haw positive IMO.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, coz you're a significant number of people. :lol:

The issue of any members being seen as detrimental to the forum could easily, and more professionally, dealt with by a clear warning and, or, a ban.

What has it achieved?

Hee haw positive IMO.

Do you honestly believe that I'm the only individual that thinks the forum is a far better place now?

Plenty of positives.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Do you honestly believe that I'm the only individual that thinks the forum is a far better place now?

Plenty of positives.

The forum has over 8000 members.

I don't need to state the bleedin obvious that it could well have suited you , and a small number of people, who seemingly can't handle some comments on a daft football forum or use the ignore function.

How you, and the minority, get through life is a mystery.

As I said, other alternatives could have been used to keep the minority happy. :byebye

That's why the sin bin didn't work as the outcome could easily have been achieved.

If you've been annoying, been constantly trolling or just downright rude, we'll move you to our Sinners group.

That would apply to SD's (and latterly shull when he became SD's disciple) entire period on the forum but it was only applied when it offended div. It could also apply to many of SD's detractors who were unable to reply without resorting to abuse themselves.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Worked fine IMHO.

Did it - I got the impression SD was revelling in it until he went to far with his decision to go to "the powers that be" over SMiSA's use of their discretionary fund only to find out he didn't know who tptb actually were.

Moving off topic - what is the latest news from SMiSA, monthly updates no longer appear as punctual as they were in the heady days of last summer?

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

That would apply to SD's (and latterly shull when he became SD's disciple) entire period on the forum but it was only applied when it offended div. It could also apply to many of SD's detractors who were unable to reply without resorting to abuse themselves.

Did it - I got the impression SD was revelling in it until he went to far with his decision to go to "the powers that be" over SMiSA's use of their discretionary fund only to find out he didn't know who tptb actually were.

Moving off topic - what is the latest news from SMiSA, monthly updates no longer appear as punctual as they were in the heady days of last summer?

Still think it worked fine. Looks like Dicko and Shull have survived... by taking over the feeshal' forum.