Free Football On TV

southsidebud

A new free sports channel is starting on Freeview at the end of August

https://www.freesports.tv/

It's going to have - amongst other things - free football from the top leagues in Portugal, Belgium, Argentina and Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/freesportsuktv/?hc_ref=ARRkiD1yIbqKheulMgF6rMeAKJVz6blqb4PNliZ3KADRyanacQq8zPh3wNetFfxUBHs&fref=nf

Other sports like rugby and NHL to be covered

It's owned by the same folk that own Premier Sports - so I wonder if there is any chance of Irn Bru Cup games ending up on there.

Would also be good if we could get some sort of deal for the Championship.

Anyway - could be a decent option for non Pay TV folks...

53 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

It's not really their fault as there's no way they can outbid the big guys. Same for BBC Scotland yet I'm told MOTD comes out of the Sports budget yet Sportscene comes out of the Regional budget. Can any of our TV posters confirm this?

How to defend the indefensible.

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, southsidebud said:

A new free sports channel is starting on Freeview at the end of August

https://www.freesports.tv/

It's going to have - amongst other things - free football from the top leagues in Portugal, Belgium, Argentina and Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/freesportsuktv/?hc_ref=ARRkiD1yIbqKheulMgF6rMeAKJVz6blqb4PNliZ3KADRyanacQq8zPh3wNetFfxUBHs&fref=nf

Other sports like rugby and NHL to be covered

It's owned by the same folk that own Premier Sports - so I wonder if there is any chance of Irn Bru Cup games ending up on there.

Would also be good if we could get some sort of deal for the Championship.

Anyway - could be a decent option for non Pay TV folks...

Unfortunately this service is not available on freeview unless you have an HD tv, so I`m told.

Unfortunately this service is not available on freeview unless you have an HD tv, so I`m told.

Yep - found that out when I was tuning telly for my dad. He has an hd tv but is set in his ways and only uses the old SD freeview recorder that is attached to it.

Very poor limitation since it is only an sd channel.

For those that have a HD TV the following football is free to view this week.

Wednesday 13th September 2017

• Feyenoord v Man City  - UEFA Champions League Group Stage
  • 19:45
  • BT Sport Showcase 

Thursday 14th September 2017

• Atalanta v Everton - UEFA Europa League Group Stage
  • 18:00
  • BT Sport Showcase 

Friday 15th September 2017

• Club Brugge v Mechelen - Belgian Jupiler League
  • 19:30
  • FreeSports

Saturday 16th September 2017

• Deeping Rangers v Kidderminster Harriers - FA Cup Second Qualifying Round
  • 12:30
  • BBC Connected TV (App available via Red Button)

Sunday 17th September 2017

• Cultural Leonesa v Huesca - La Liga 2
  • 11:00
  • FreeSports
  • KV Oostende v Gent - Belgian Jupiler League
  • 17:00
  • FreeSports

Edited by southsidebud

5 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Couldn't see it mentioned, Freesports is on freeview channel 95.

It depends where you live. Freesports doesn't seem to be available in Central Scotland.  Neither was it's predecessor, Frontrunner.

BT Showcase used to be here in SD but when it moved to HD, it was no longer available here, even with an HD TV.

8 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

It depends where you live. Freesports doesn't seem to be available in Central Scotland.  Neither was it's predecessor, Frontrunner.

BT Showcase used to be here in SD but when it moved to HD, it was no longer available here, even with an HD TV.

I'm in Paisley. Both FreeSports (ch95) and BT Showcase HD (ch115) working for me.

22 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Don't you have any frog friends who could share their Sky Go or BT sport details? If not, boo hoo. :byebye

I am obviously not as affluent as you (despite the money you donate to bookmakers, lol), so don't have Skygo or BT. Its a pity that for the poorer sections of society - not you of course - who cannot afford pay per view tv, that even so-called "free" events are restricted to more expensive HD tvs. Thankfully its still possible to receive a radio signal in my part of Glasgow. Lets also add that Sky, BT, Free Sports etc will be showing NO coverage of St Mirren. I take it you are a You tube fan only ? Never mind you can feast on English football, which you no doubt prefer, as you heavily sponsor it.

Just now, Froggie said:

I am obviously not as affluent as you (despite the money you donate to bookmakers, lol), so don't have Skygo or BT. Its a pity that for the poorer sections of society - not you of course - who cannot afford pay per view tv, that even so-called "free" events are restricted to more expensive HD tvs. Thankfully its still possible to receive a radio signal in my part of Glasgow. Lets also add that Sky, BT, Free Sports etc will be showing NO coverage of St Mirren. I take it you are a You tube fan only ? Never mind you can feast on English football, which you no doubt prefer, as you heavily sponsor it.

Yawn.................sorry, did you say something new? :snore