it's Celtic in the Next Round

St.Ricky

I have a feeling in my water about this game we are expected to get hammered but I don't know I  have a feeling we might sneak a draw if we keep it tight at the back don't go toe to toe cos dembele will murder us just press them don't lose an early goal and hope ref doesn't get fooled with dembele swan impersonation

A Celtic supporter offered me a 5 goal of a start for Sunday's game. I took him up on his offer. [emoji4] . I think they are dismissing us [emoji4] .

I can't say I pay too much (or any) attention to the Scottish Premiership, so also I hadn't realised just how good a run Celtic are on.

They've won 22 straight Scottish Premiership games and are unbeaten in 33 domestic games. That's verging on ridiculous :lol:

Can hardly blame their fans for dismissing a home game against the team bottom of the championship when they've just won so many premiership games on the bounce.

No point beating around the bush, if we were to make the semis of the cup it would be one of (if not the) biggest shocks in Scottish cup history. Of course Celtic have been beaten in the past, but this clearly isn't just any old Celtic team we are facing. This would appear to be one of their strongest teams in years.

In saying that, I wouldn't make any changes from Wed night. Don't upset the rhythm and all that, it's better to burn out than fade away. There's obviously a very real chance we will get a 5 goal plus hiding, but that shouldn't affect us going into the Raith game.

Just need to hope we avoid embarrassment and more importantly avoid injuries to key players.

Just picked up my ticket. In the region of 600 tickets sold.:-)

See you on London Road about 12.15 Faraway Saint either that or the semi final.

As Top Cat says this is quite a special Celtic side, scoring goals for fun, so it's either a pasting or a memorable win for the buds. Jack Ross has some record in the cup so long may it continue.

3 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Just picked up my ticket. In the region of 600 tickets sold.:-)

See you on London Road about 12.15 Faraway Saint either that or the semi final.

As Top Cat says this is quite a special Celtic side, scoring goals for fun, so it's either a pasting or a memorable win for the buds. Jack Ross has some record in the cup so long may it continue.

:clapping

Wear a red rose in your hair..................I'll look out for you when I'm watching on the telly. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Invested might not be the right term of phrase but Just put £2.50 on St Mirren to Beat Celtic. 28-1 with Paddy power. Celtic have to lose sometime and we are on fire!

William Hill have us at 40/1 today........................yes, Celtic have to lose sometime, my account hopes it's tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

William Hill have us at 40/1 today........................yes, Celtic have to lose sometime, my account hopes it's tomorrow.

40/1 I would have "invested" a fiver on that. I don't normally do betting. I have only bet the  National twice in the last 15 years and on both occasions got first and second. Going for my third bet in 15 years and  my hat-trick on Sunday but obviously only betting the winner.    You account will be overflowing tomorrow.

:withstupid

Edited by East Lothian Saint
better odds

The money we'll get from tomorrow's game will be very welcome but otherwise this match is irrelevant and a distraction from the real business of winning league games. I'll not be going and I've no plans to watch it on TV. 

Of course if we if we sneak a win and follow that up by winning the irrelevant and distracting semi-final, I'll be the first to buy a ticket for the final. 

Talk about glory hunters, eh?

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

I can't say I pay too much (or any) attention to the Scottish Premiership, so also I hadn't realised just how good a run Celtic are on.

They've won 22 straight Scottish Premiership games and are unbeaten in 33 domestic games. That's verging on ridiculous :lol:

Can hardly blame their fans for dismissing a home game against the team bottom of the championship when they've just won so many premiership games on the bounce.

No point beating around the bush, if we were to make the semis of the cup it would be one of (if not the) biggest shocks in Scottish cup history. Of course Celtic have been beaten in the past, but this clearly isn't just any old Celtic team we are facing. This would appear to be one of their strongest teams in years.

In saying that, I wouldn't make any changes from Wed night. Don't upset the rhythm and all that, it's better to burn out than fade away. There's obviously a very real chance we will get a 5 goal plus hiding, but that shouldn't affect us going into the Raith game.

Just need to hope we avoid embarrassment and more importantly avoid injuries to key players.

Another positive input from TC. Do you ever dream about anything? It must be hard being a complete pessimist who just states the obvious every time. Try believing. Feck most of the time it's a big disappointment BUT NOT ALL THE TIME.     Try saying SIXTH IN THE LEAGUE AND TWO CUP FINALS

And on cup final day just believe.

It might be delusional but its better than spreading Doom and Gloom  

PS

THERE'S ONLY ONE JACK ROSS

AND HE IS THE BOSS

HE BELIEVES in US

AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD TO

Sad to say but i'm not really interested in this game either. I fully expect us to lose like every other team in Scotland. On the positive side if we pull off an almighty upset we'll have a semi to look forward to. I'd rather keep my pennies for the remaining away games in the league.

4 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Sad to say but i'm not really interested in this game either. I fully expect us to lose like every other team in Scotland. On the positive side if we pull off an almighty upset we'll have a semi to look forward to. I'd rather keep my pennies for the remaining away games in the league.

SAD indeed

I can understand not going to the game. (I'm not going either) Fair do's but you must be interested in the outcome.

If not

maybe change your loggin name to proudtobeabuddywhenitsuitsme or ionlydoleaguegames.

See you at Kirkcauldy

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

See   U       its superfluous.  Then again it could just be bad spelling. 

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

See   U       its superfluous.  Then again it could just be bad spelling. 

THIS is superfluous. :)

I actually worried that ...

a.   It was intended and I was being whooshed

b.  That it was past noon when I posted about the "morning".

life is so complicated...