it's Celtic in the Next Round

St.Ricky

52 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Invested might not be the right term of phrase but Just put £2.50 on St Mirren to Beat Celtic. 28-1 with Paddy power. Celtic have to lose sometime and we are on fire!

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

William Hill have us at 40/1 today........................yes, Celtic have to lose sometime, my account hopes it's tomorrow.

Betfair had us at 55/1 yesterday tried to put a bet on only to be told Betting on St Mirren was suspended.

We are 50/1 on there now.

My preferred betting website due to working great on my crap phone is Bet365 & Stephen Mcginn is 80/1 first or last goal, 22/1 anytime goal considering he already has 2 goals at Parkhead already in his career some of my money is going on him.

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

THIS is superfluous. :)

I actually worried that ...

a.   It was intended and I was being whooshed

b.  That it was past noon when I posted about the "morning".

life is so complicated...

The repeat quote was without a doubt a step to far but then again its could have been it's which would have made your THIS redundant.

I Must research whooshed on the very odd chance I did mean it but then again I can't spell Kirkcaldy so I think your safe.

I think you just made the noon deadline so your Robin Williams-esque humour definitely highlighted my spelling deficiencies in an appropriate manner.  

If we just settle for "the Saints will be dancing in the streets of Raith on Wednesday". That should cover everything.

:withstupid

23 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

SAD indeed

I can understand not going to the game. (I'm not going either) Fair do's but you must be interested in the outcome.

If not

maybe change your loggin name to proudtobeabuddywhenitsuitsme or ionlydoleaguegames.

See you at Kirkcauldy

Ok maybe i worded it wrongly... Of course I'm interested in the outcome but we are realistically going to lose this game. Usually that's not a reason to not go but add the fact that it's at Parkhead, a place i haven't visited since we came back up to the premier in 2006 then you get the picture. As for your reference to my username... i went to Methil....it cost a helluva lot more for that day out than going to parkhead. I'll gladly accept a semi final place and go to that if we pull it off.... so idocupgamesunlessitsatthebigotbrothershoose. :spud5

6 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Ok maybe i worded it wrongly... Of course I'm interested in the outcome but we are realistically going to lose this game. Usually that's not a reason to not go but add the fact that it's at Parkhead, a place i haven't visited since we came back up to the premier in 2006 then you get the picture. As for your reference to my username... i went to Methil....it cost a helluva lot more for that day out than going to parkhead. I'll gladly accept a semi final place and go to that if we pull it off.... so idocupgamesunlessitsatthebigotbrothershoose. :spud5

Top man. See you at Kirkcaldy and I've spelt it right this time.

COYS

25 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Betfair had us at 55/1 yesterday tried to put a bet on only to be told Betting on St Mirren was suspended.

We are 50/1 on there now.

My preferred betting website due to working great on my crap phone is Bet365 & Stephen Mcginn is 80/1 first or last goal, 22/1 anytime goal considering he already has 2 goals at Parkhead already in his career some of my money is going on him.

I'm not going to be greedy. I'll take my £72.50 from my 28/1 Paddy Power stupid punt when we beat Sellic 4-0. Oh that is greedy i'll settle for by the odd goal.

4 hours ago, scrappy coco said:

On the clyde1 phone in last night they had a bookie on who said this is a clash between the 2 form sides in 

the country, who would have thought they'd hear those words uttered a month ago....

You just never know...1-1, then we'll take them in the replay...:)

For me that would be the worst outcome. Our squad would be stretched to breaking point. Win or lose but, please let it be tomorrow.

Lets hope Celtic are making more effort than us in selling tickets for this tie , as a club we must have too much money judging by the effort we are making to sell our ticket allocation , hoping the green bigots turn up in numbers to pay their tributes to Tommy Gemmell , as it would be nice if there was a decent crowd

4 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Lets hope Celtic are making more effort than us in selling tickets for this tie , as a club we must have too much money judging by the effort we are making to sell our ticket allocation , hoping the green bigots turn up in numbers to pay their tributes to Tommy Gemmell , as it would be nice if there was a decent crowd

Really ? What do you suggest they do ? As far as i can see they have marketed the tie in the same way as any other away game . The front page of the OS has three stories linked to tomorrows tie. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

29 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

For me that would be the worst outcome. Our squad would be stretched to breaking point. Win or lose but, please let it be tomorrow.

I understand where you're coming from and sort of agree to some extent. However the other side of the coin is, we would have a huge tie with huge TV money and we'd be the talk of the town. Not to mention that the confidence levels of the players would go through roof. I think overall the upsides would outweigh the downsides.

Edited by Kendo

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Why make such a big effort to push tickets for a match where we will receive under half the face value for each ticket sold ?

Firstly to provide a service for those Saints fans who do wish to go , and have just decided that we have a chance of winning ,  secondly the team would benefit from having a few extra buds cheering them on , and thirdly theres a few bob to be made , all it would require is to open the office for two hours tomorrow , well worth the effort if it justs gives a few extra Saints fans the opportunity to get tickets

8 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

1.Firstly to provide a service for those Saints fans who do wish to go , and have just decided that we have a chance of winning ,  2.secondly the team would benefit from having a few extra buds cheering them on , and thirdly 3. theres a few bob to be made , all it would require is to open the office for two hours tomorrow , well worth the effort if it justs gives a 4. few extra Saints fans the opportunity to get tickets

1.They are. As i pointed out , they do this for every away game.

2.There are approx 600 tickets sold to saints fans who will be tucked away in a far corner of the stadium. I think everyone who wants to go will go, many ,like me wont set foot in the place & no amount of extra push or incentive will get me there .

3. Again , as i said , why push for something that is going to bring in LESS THAN HALF the  revenue for a home game.

4. No saints fan is being denied the opportunity to go . As i said , everyone who wants to go , can go and will go. 

5. I cant understand why some people seem to want to have a go at the club regardless of the actions they take .

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Why are people still arguing on here? Last 5 games W4 D1 L0 get a grip, win lose or draw tmw any outcome can happen, even if it is 8-0 it won't derail us! JR will keep us up & next season is something to look forward to!! In addition a wee day out at fir park to beat the tangerines!!!

Just now, MenstrieSaint said:

I'm having a go because I went to buy a ticket on Wednesday and they weren't for sale , and feel quite entitled to have my moan about not being able to get a ticket , that said I,m now going to get pissed tonight and watch the game on Sky tomorrow

Fair enough Bud. enjoy yir Beer.

Just now, Buddo said:

Why are people still arguing on here? Last 5 games W4 D1 L0 get a grip, win lose or draw tmw any outcome can happen, even if it is 8-0 it won't derail us! JR will keep us up & next season is something to look forward to!! In addition a wee day out at fir park to beat the tangerines!!!

Its a forum , forums need discussion. 

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Perhaps sold them before the Hibs game

Maybe if Celtic would sell tickers on the day of the game there wouldn't be anybody not getting to see the game :huh:  The ground will be half empty/ half full tomorrow and it certainly wont by St Mirren fault

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Firstly to provide a service for those Saints fans who do wish to go , and have just decided that we have a chance of winning ,  secondly the team would benefit from having a few extra buds cheering them on , and thirdly theres a few bob to be made , all it would require is to open the office for two hours tomorrow , well worth the effort if it justs gives a few extra Saints fans the opportunity to get tickets

All fans who wanted to buy tickets outwith the ticket office opening hours could have went on to Smfc tickets website, just as I did during the week.

19 minutes ago, Cairters_Corner said:

All fans who wanted to buy tickets outwith the ticket office opening hours could have went on to Smfc tickets website, just as I did during the week.

What if you decided today after 11 that I think I might go??? You can't purchase a ticket, the same as Dumbarton away few weeks back I don't always decide I'm going to game until Saturday comes but surely in 2017 I should be able to just go at last minute to a football stadium with empty seats without advance purchase/planning.