it's Celtic in the Next Round

St.Ricky

27.5k attendance. Nearly half of that income to us [emoji4]

There would've been a lot more tickets sold than that. A few in my work bought tickets but had no intention of going and have done so in previous rounds. They are just trying to guarantee a final ticket.

Find it incredible that after going to a difficult venue and putting in a respectable performance there are people determined to find someone to have a go at.  Yes, it wasn't the best pass from Stevie Mallan that led to the equaliser, but if it had found it's target we could be salivating over a fantastic pass leading to a great goal.  Don't notice too many people having a go over poor decisions from Stephen McGinn leading to the second and third Celtic goals and quite rightly so, we were beaten by a better team with better players and we made them work for it. Let's celebrate what we done well instead of always looking for negatives.  I'm disappointed to lose, of course I am, but proud of my teams performance and looking forward to Kirkaldy on Wednesday night.

We move on, we have other business to settle. No shame. Celtic haven't lost a game all season, their hardly likely to loss to us unfortunately.

Stelios was moving around at end of game, so no serious injury problem.

:cheers good show first half saints. 

14 minutes ago, buddiekev said:

Find it incredible that after going to a difficult venue and putting in a respectable performance there are people determined to find someone to have a go at.  Yes, it wasn't the best pass from Stevie Mallan that led to the equaliser, but if it had found it's target we could be salivating over a fantastic pass leading to a great goal.  Don't notice too many people having a go over poor decisions from Stephen McGinn leading to the second and third Celtic goals and quite rightly so, we were beaten by a better team with better players and we made them work for it. Let's celebrate what we done well instead of always looking for negatives.  I'm disappointed to lose, of course I am, but proud of my teams performance and looking forward to Kirkaldy on Wednesday night.

Not having a go just for the sake of it.  Mallan is a good player, but he could be a great player if he cut out the stupid 'tanner ba' stuff. 

Edited by saint in exile
Stupid bloody predictive text!

5 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Why are people idiots for having a difference in opinion?

Because they have idiotic opinions.

The usual moaning gits were getting right stuck in to Ross when we were turning in vastly improved performances but not coming away with results yet. 

JR is going to leave a lot of people with egg on their face. He is clearly a top quality coach and we also clearly have a few top quality players in that team.  Poor result today but plenty to show we can forwards with confidence.

Edited by Kemp

2 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Not having a go just for the sake of it.  Mallan is a good player, but he could be a great player if he cut out the stupid 'tanner ba' stuff. 

The only thing wrong with the Mallan pass that led to the free kick was the pace. If he got it right even 90% of the time he'd be playing for Real Madrid. He is 20 years old FFS. When he gets it right, as on Wednesday, it's sublime.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The usual moaning gits were getting right stuck in to Ross when we were turning in vastly improved performances but not coming away with results yet. 

JR is going to leave a lot of people with egg on their face. He is clearly a top quality coach and we also clearly have a few top quality players in that team.  Poor result today but plenty to show we can forwards with confidence.

Feck. I hope so. I'll gladly take the "egging" if it means we survive. I was, (still to be convinced completely but getting there), one of the detractors.

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

The only thing wrong with the Mallan pass that led to the free kick was the pace. If he got it right even 90% of the time he'd be playing for Real Madrid. He is 20 years old FFS. When he gets it right, as on Wednesday, it's sublime.

It wasn't just that pass though.  He lost the ball a number of times by trying to be too clever.  Sometimes the simple ball is the one to play.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

JR will go a lot higher in the game than St.mirren, enjoy him while he is here.

Why idiotic opinions?

I was one who was worried. Performances mean nothing if you're getting beat, which we were. I'm delighted that Jacks turned it around but still doesn't hide the fact that it took an unprecedented January window to get us here.

2 wins in 5 months was a poor record to have. I don't think it makes someone an idiot for being disheartened with JR at the time. We still have a long way to go.

We won the first half.

That'll do for me.:rolleyes:

hope there weren't any injuries sustained today that will impact on Wednesday's team selection.

Yes, the midfield weren't as good as usual, but then again we were up against far superior midfielders  than the dross that populates the midfield of Ayr and Hibs..

1 minute ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Why idiotic opinions?

I was one who was worried. Performances mean nothing if you're getting beat, which we were. I'm delighted that Jacks turned it around but still doesn't hide the fact that it took an unprecedented January window to get us here.

2 wins in 5 months was a poor record to have. I don't think it makes someone an idiot for being disheartened with JR at the time. We still have a long way to go.

Shut it ya idiot. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's him fcuked then as you were equally as "enthusiastic" 'about Danny Lennon. :rolleyes:

It's no coincidence that managers like Rodgers are praising Jack Ross's tactical awareness.

Have a feeling you will be 1 of the armchair fans with egg on the face come the end of the season.

Jack Ross, what a guy.

Nothing to be ashamed of today. Strong performance by the Buddies, especially first half, rightly recognised by the Celtic manager after the game.

Jack's team has now settled in and given several very good performances which can only breed confidence in the players.

Most important thing from today was to get out of Parkhead with some pride and no major injuries, and they've done that. The real work of escaping relegation resumes on Wednesday night. So let's get right behind behind Jack and the team!

Why idiotic opinions?

Think you just answered your own question with that why people are idiots.

Sadly jack didn't come with a magic wand

Just now, JJ McG said:

It's no coincidence that managers like Rodgers are praising Jack Ross's tactical awareness.

Have a feeling you will be 1 of the armchair fans with egg on the face come the end of the season.

Jack Ross, what a guy.

Egg on my face? Oh, sorry for not jumping aboard the "We'll be ok" bus. Just in case you've not noticed there's still a long way to go. Nothing has been achieved. If we survive I'll be very happy and if not I'll not be the one saying I told you so, like the JR fan club seem to be doing rather prematurely at the moment.