Season 17/18 Replica Kits

div

I think, as Dave has alluded to, that Joma can do some element of besoke design for the Professional Clubs. It doesn't need to be totally out the catalogue.

The designs we've had from JD have, apart from the relegation season abominations, been pretty decent IMO. The strip that poz designed that we won the cup in was brilliant.

It was the quality of the kits, the shambolic release dates (ironically the only release they got bang on was the worst strip we've ever had) and the deal breaker of not being able to buy the kits in our own shop that really pissed everyone off.

All TTL need to do is do a proper formal launch of the new kit, at the last home game of the previous season, make it an event, take over the Dome or whatever, get a band in, get some ex-players, get some food and drink stuff set up, something for the kids, and sell the kits there and then. They'd completely clean up and undo much of the pain of the last 3 years with JD.

This ain't rocket science. We sometimes make it so hard for fans to spend money it's ridiculous!

14 minutes ago, div said:

I think, as Dave has alluded to, that Joma can do some element of besoke design for the Professional Clubs. It doesn't need to be totally out the catalogue.

The designs we've had from JD have, apart from the relegation season abominations, been pretty decent IMO. The strip that poz designed that we won the cup in was brilliant.

It was the quality of the kits, the shambolic release dates (ironically the only release they got bang on was the worst strip we've ever had) and the deal breaker of not being able to buy the kits in our own shop that really pissed everyone off.

All TTL need to do is do a proper formal launch of the new kit, at the last home game of the previous season, make it an event, take over the Dome or whatever, get a band in, get some ex-players, get some food and drink stuff set up, something for the kids, and sell the kits there and then. They'd completely clean up and undo much of the pain of the last 3 years with JD.

This ain't rocket science. We sometimes make it so hard for fans to spend money it's ridiculous!

A player told me that the team really liked the away one I did - the all-black one with the red diagonal band on the front. The home kit that season was a no-brainer for the time. Don't actually design anything. Just measure the thickness of the stripes on a '77 Fergies Furies kit and do a fully striped shirt with plain white shorts and socks. The 'design time' on that kit was about five minutes. JD did a cracking job coming up with a thin sponsor logo design that actually looked good. Fair play.

Edit. Had this image on the computer. Mrs Poz told me she thought this pic was lovely. I'm not sure what she meant. :P

McGregor1.jpg

Edited by pozbaird

54 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Away 6, 3rd kit away 7 and home 1. As stated to Div on twitter. emoji3.png I'm not that bothered about full stripes on the back.

Totally disagree with that. Should be full stripes on the back - the only exception being a Juve style patch for the number (not sure how that would work with names right enough) and that's only on the players' version. Think that happened with the Clanford sponsored one in the early 1990s.

It is embarrassing we are using TTL.

Their website is laughable, (ok, they do 3 league clubs but they are all smaller clubs than St Mirren) but their main income is from youth clubs and schools.

It's the type of place a works team would order their kit from, we should have a bespoke kit and not some 2-bit effort from a catalogue.

Pathetic cheap choice and we will be the laughing stock of Scottish football with next season.

Edited by Flareybob

1 minute ago, Flareybob said:

Their website is laughable, )ok they do 3 league clubs) but their main income is from youth clubs.

It's the type of place a works team would order their kit from, we should have a bespoke kit and not some 2-bit effort from a catalogue.

FFS......A strip snob!!!

What difference does it make where our strips come from?

Their website is laughable, (ok, they do 3 league clubs but they are all smaller clubs than St Mirren) but their main income is from youth clubs and schools.
Pathetic cheap choice and we will be the laughing stock of Scottish football with next season.

you seem quite upset, with this news.

2 hours ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

Apparently the Thistle shirts were released in June last Summer which would be good.  Although a couple of Thistle associates weren't happy with the owner of TTL jumping about in the Jags end when Rangers scored a late winner at Firhill last November :rolleyes:

Didn't happen.

misunderstanding from 1 thistle fan who wasn't man enough to hold his hands up and acknowledge he called it wrong, after taking to facebook to start a witch hunt.

Home 1 and Away 3 for me. Great options to select from. I'd say though, that we have probably seen the end of anything as custom to this seasons home and away tops.

The best news to come out of this is that it shouldn't be as difficult for fans to purchase the strips and they should be out before 2018. 

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

A player told me that the team really liked the away one I did - the all-black one with the red diagonal band on the front. The home kit that season was a no-brainer for the time. Don't actually design anything. Just measure the thickness of the stripes on a '77 Fergies Furies kit and do a fully striped shirt with plain white shorts and socks. The 'design time' on that kit was about five minutes. JD did a cracking job coming up with a thin sponsor logo design that actually looked good. Fair play.

Edit. Had this image on the computer. Mrs Poz told me she thought this pic was lovely. I'm not sure what she meant. :P

McGregor1.jpg

This and the 99/00 home tops are my favourite efforts.

6 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Home 1, Away 2 and for a third strip Away 7, agree that stripes on the back are preferable but getting them available earlier and on sale at the ground for those of us who can only attend occasionally would be great. 

My choice too.

5 hours ago, dave.j said:

Didn't happen.

misunderstanding from 1 thistle fan who wasn't man enough to hold his hands up and acknowledge he called it wrong, after taking to facebook to start a witch hunt.

Are you sure it was a Thistle fan and not a Thistle customer? There is a huge difference between the two. We've been told. Repeatedly.