Season 17/18 Replica Kits

div

Preposition missing. Silly Skywalker.

I agree with what Poz said about thickness of B&W stripes.  White (pref) or black shorts, white socks with 2 black hoops at the cuff (if socks have a cuff).  Away kit, don't care, but should be predominantly single colour; all white with black trim for example.

I'll almost certainly never buy one with a sponsor's name on it.

Edited by Barney63
grammar

Taken from Prodirectsoccer website lots of the different strips on here have your choice of Red/Blacks/Whites so could really pick whatever combination you want for away strip.

Somebody tell Gordon Scott they are doing a discount if you buy 14 or more just need a few numbers and St Mirren badges and we are sorted.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_80112.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_103057.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_97254.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Taken from Prodirectsoccer website lots of the different strips on here have your choice of Red/Blacks/Whites so could really pick whatever combination you want for away strip.

Somebody tell Gordon Scott they are doing a discount if you buy 14 or more just need a few numbers and St Mirren badges and we are sorted.

the first one is a beauty

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I would like us to have a kit made by an Under Armour, Nike or Adidas just for a change if Airdrie can use Under Armour so could we.

All going to come down to the commercials of the deal.

If Joma offer decent quality kit, can meet deadlines, we can sell it ourselves, and the deal is financially a good one for the club, then that's the way we'll go.

5 minutes ago, div said:

If Joma offer decent quality kit, can meet deadlines, we can sell it ourselves, and the deal is financially a good one for the club, then that's the way we'll go.

Div, in your capacity as baldy webmeister extrodinaire who hears info... the JD deal saw kit supply, training wear supply, primary shirt sponsorship, airdome sponsorship, stadium signage sponsorship, HoF panels branding (until the club couldn't give a fcuk and stopped bothering with them), and they kitted out the youth team. Any word on any or all of these 'going forward' once JD Sports are out of the picture?

Edited by pozbaird

23 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Div, in your capacity as baldy webmeister extrodinaire who hears info... the JD deal saw kit supply, training wear supply, primary shirt sponsorship, airdome sponsorship, stadium signage sponsorship, HoF panels branding (until the club couldn't give a fcuk and stopped bothering with them), and they kitted out the youth team. Any word on any or all of these 'going forward' once JD Sports are out of the picture?

No idea pal. Info I got on the kit deal came from a chance conversation I had with a rep from another company I met.

The shirt sponsorship will definitely end, no way JD will have their logo on a Joma kit obviously. I'd imagine all the rest of the stuff will go as well but I'm just guessing.

Just now, div said:

No idea pal. Info I got on the kit deal came from a chance conversation I had with a rep from another company I met.

The shirt sponsorship will definitely end, no way JD will have their logo on a Joma kit obviously. I'd imagine all the rest of the stuff will go as well but I'm just guessing.

That was my thinking - if a new company is our new primary kit and trainingwear supplier, then you wouldn't imagine they'd want to see those yellow JD adverts all over the vomitories, the huge JD roundrels in the stand gable end 'circles' graphics, and JD logos all over the airdome and HoF panels... unless JD continued to pay for this pretty much 'all over' branding that appears around the place. Will be interesting to see if this large amount of JD branding is swiftly removed once they are no longer involved in the kit side of things.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Two out of three are very good. 

Top - 10/10

Middle - 5/10

Bottom - 8/10

2 hours ago, div said:

Div, my son has played boys football for 6 years and kits have all been Joma and I have found the quality really poor imo and know a few parents feel the same.

I intended with the photos from Prodirect to show some well known brands alternative strips to Joma but just dawned on me that really St Mirren could just order from Prodirect and literally have decent strips readily available without any overheads or tied in legal deals with TTL OR JD all they need is someone to attach the St Mirren badge, names and numbers.

Obviously this has never been done before but why not???

Really can't see any negatives to going it alone.

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Div, my son has played boys football for 6 years and kits have all been Joma and I have found the quality really poor imo and know a few parents feel the same.

I intended with the photos from Prodirect to show some well known brands alternative strips to Joma but just dawned on me that really St Mirren could just order from Prodirect and literally have decent strips readily available without any overheads or tied in legal deals with TTL OR JD all they need is someone to attach the St Mirren badge, names and numbers.

Some pretty big names currently using their kit, Villareal ,Getafe , Toulouse & Swansea plus a couple of National teams so maybe they have different grades of kit. One for Pro teams & replica and one for the off the shelf market .

http://www.joma-sport.com/en/sponsor?sport_id=1

I cant make comment on the quality as have never actually seen them close up. Would be interesting to hear what the Dung , Jags & Saintees fans think of it.

Both of my boys play football for different teams and both wear Joma kits. Can't really complain with the quality, certainly don't seem to snag, which with some of their previous kits, was an issue. Only one of their training tops which was white, seems a bit washed out looking. The rest has been fine.

I bought Joma kits for my youth team 3 years ago.
Quality was decent, no snagging & the kit could still be used today, so lasts well.
Currently in the Adidas striped top pictured above, far better quality top than the joma top but about £2 dearer.
Our issue with Joma was the lead time, sometimes a couple of months but for a professional club buying in bulk, shouldn't be an issue.

I'd go for the Adidas kit if given a choice.

Joma are now the 3rd biggest kit manufacturer, globally. Theyre not a tuppence haipney outfit!

Our current away strip is the same template as the swansea home top. The quality is first class.

3 of our 4 home tops ive been over the moon with, only 1 I didnt like the stretch material they used.

As a negative, TTL use the same badge supplier as the company who makes all the english premiership teams badges. Whilst there is no disputing the detail in the stitching, the badge itself is smaller in diameter by maybe a good 10mm from what Greaves made up for our Puma Strips.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Just down to money mate.

Of course St.Mirren could go to a teamwear supplier and buy any manufacturer of teamwear they liked and fire on a sponsor logo and a badge. That is what an amateur team would do.

You pay the money, you get the strips you want.

You could buy loads and sell them yourself to supporters. Be a hell of an expensive way to do it though.

In a deal like this a company like TTL will actually pay the club for the license to produce the kit, also including deals to provide say the 1st team, u-20s and some of the academy teams kit and training gear for free.

The incentive for them is that having secured the merchandising rights they then recoup the investment by selling the kit to fans and taking the margin from those sales.

I guess every deal is different as to how it works. You might be a low license fee up front and take a percentage of the profits with the club taking some, so the club has an incentive to sell as well, or like the JD deal you get all the money up front and they take all the margin on replica sales, which is why they wanted punters in their stores to buy rather than selling them from the club shop - in the hope that customers would buy other stuff when they were in store.

As per everything it's ALL about the money.

24 minutes ago, div said:

or like the JD deal you get all the money up front and they take all the margin on replica sales, which is why they wanted punters in their stores to buy rather than selling them from the club shop - in the hope that customers would buy other stuff when they were in store.

So why were other Clubs who used JD allowed to sell stuff in their own shops?