Buses For Ayr

HSS

2 hours ago, northendsaint said:

I think the club should charter a flight from Glasgow airport to Prestwick then we could have a march to Ayr tartan army style.

I don't think the tartan army have ever marched to Ayr.

Back to the drawing board Broonie.

6 hours ago, northendsaint said:

I think the club should charter a flight from Glasgow airport to Prestwick then we could have a march to Ayr tartan army style.

Brilliant idea !:P 

My son is at Prestwick airport this week with two RAF Hercules transport aircraft, theyre due to depart Friday , i`ll have a word and see if they can put it back 24 hours :D

I suppose as Taxpayers we are already stakeholder in these so why the f**k shouldn`t we get a wee shot now & again !

The club board have discussed this and having only recently covered the buses cost to Dundee for the cup game feel that it makes more sense now to incentivise supporters to come along to home games. So we should see something soon on that front.

like they say if you don't ask, you don't get. Hopefully whatever is planned for a home game brings more buddies through the gate to roar on the saints.

Edited by Lord Pityme

On 16/02/2017 at 9:27 AM, HSS said:

What's the chances of SMiSA subsidising buses for our vital game at Ayr?

The regular Supporters Clubs could be subsidised and leave from their normal base and you could have a fleet of buses leaving from SMP.

We need a good support at this game to "sing our way to the Play Offs".There are a lot of engineering works on the railway that weekend which might put people of using the train.

The 1877 Club could be opened up for a couple of hours before the buses leave,and maybe also for the buses returning,which would give it some extra revenue and help Fans "get in the mood" for the game.

If this is not a possibility for SMiSA could they put it to the BoD for consideration?

A full away end could be worth a goal of a start.

(Apologies for post repetition, thought it appropriate to respond directly to the OP)

The club board have discussed this and having only recently covered the buses cost to Dundee for the cup game feel that it makes more sense now to incentivise supporters to come along to home games. So we should see something soon on that front.

like they say if you don't ask, you don't get. Hopefully whatever is planned for a home game brings more buddies through the gate to roar on the saints.

13 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

We could just use them as a rolling taxi.

They dont even need to stop at the airports.

Just slow down enough for the supporters to run up or down the rear ramp.

Hawd the bus, we dont even need to slow down at the Ayr end if we jump with parachutes. emoji2.png

Defo perfect timing, They`re up here this week doing Tactical para drops so there should be no shortage of Parachutes . I`d happily help him chuck a few of the warmers on here out the back !! (minus the chute !)

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

(Apologies for post repetition, thought it appropriate to respond directly to the OP)

All well and good intentions wise but lose at Ayr and it will be a struggle to get ST holders through the gates for the remaining home games never mind paying customers.

Ive been keeping tabs on Scotrails planned works for next weekend and it appears to have changed AGAIN!! Now the works are showing to be between Johnstone & Glengarnock which means the service is now Paisley > Kilwinning (Bus) then Train from there. Who knows where they will be working by the time Saturday comes around, seems to be changing every couple of days.

Heres a link to the notice:

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/assets/download_ct/12097_ayr_eng_poster_12_19_25_26_feb_17.pdf

It raises the question, if they are able to change the location can they not just avoid the Paisley > Ayr line on Sat 25th altogether given that there is potentially more travelers than normal?

23 minutes ago, 87Bud13 said:

Ive been keeping tabs on Scotrails planned works for next weekend and it appears to have changed AGAIN!! Now the works are showing to be between Johnstone & Glengarnock which means the service is now Paisley > Kilwinning (Bus) then Train from there. Who knows where they will be working by the time Saturday comes around, seems to be changing every couple of days.

Heres a link to the notice:

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/assets/download_ct/12097_ayr_eng_poster_12_19_25_26_feb_17.pdf

It raises the question, if they are able to change the location can they not just avoid the Paisley > Ayr line on Sat 25th altogether given that there is potentially more travelers than normal?

You should start a thread about this.... :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Dundee

Maybe you should tell David..........

Hi John,

Hope you are well.

I'll pass this on to the board, I know we recently subsidised the buses for the Dumbarton game so I'm not sure if there will be funds available to do it again, but I will definitely ask.

Cheers

David 

I'm coming through from North Berwick. The Glasgow to Kilmarnock Trains are running normally. It's a bit of Phaffing about  but Paisley - Glasgow, Glasgow- Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock - Ayr  might be better than the Scotrail mystery bus tour from Paisley  :spud4.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Leaves on the line

I'm coming through from North Berwick. The Glasgow to Kilmarnock Trains are running normally. It's a bit of Phaffing about  but Paisley - Glasgow, Glasgow- Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock - Ayr  might be better than the Scotrail mystery bus tour from Paisley  :spud4.

If you're travelling from the East, why don't you get the X77 Bus from Buchanan Street to Ayr?

It's 11.00 quid return and takes just over an hour.

2 hours ago, El Gingero said:

If you're travelling from the East, why don't you get the X77 Bus from Buchanan Street to Ayr?

It's 11.00 quid return and takes just over an hour.

Actually that's not such a bad call. Possibly re-planning The Glasgow - Ayr part of my journey. Cheers