Was the sin bin a success

Kendo

Was the sin bin a success?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, antrin said:

To give Skidmark his due, he is as good as word.

Every bland and uninformative, emoticon-spattered post that he makes (and that someone inadvertently quotes) renders the Forum that bit duller and drearier.

The Sin Bin was effective.  The Forum is a more interesting place - if Saints could get a few wins and shift out of this unending drift towards oblivion, then it would again be a place of fun and laughter.

It was on the go and it was fun and informative, before shull, skidmark and the guy from Lanark... 

Despite their deleterious influence over recent years, it will continue to be so.

Oh dear, coming from the most popular guy on the forum...................:lol:

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If you know the history of the forum you will know how busy it is when the team do well on the park. The forum needed a message put out especially to trolls. Some times you had to go through pages of fresh air before you actually came to something meaningful. When the team picks up so will the forum. 

Two great minds think alike!  :) 

55 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Duller - mayhaps............

As for holding the club to account I'd disagree, he pursued a vendetta against SG for the best part of 20 years and when I confronted with evidence to the contrary re the 2001/02 bonuses story he hid behind being told by the true story by a source. :rolleyes:  After that I bailed out - SD was no John Pilger.

He was at the beginning of pursuing one against SMiSA, no doubt using the same tactics, which would I presume have run as long...........

He is continuing it on the official forum. If folk really miss him and shull they can find the pair of them on there.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Who knows - seems to me that the creation of The Sin Bin was a de facto admission that StuD and increasingly shull were out of control and should have been banned from the site.

I suppose div was caught between a rock and his advertising revenue. StuD attracted a lot of attention, I'd include myself on the list he hooked altho' I was trying to kick the habit, but no doubt he also drove a lot of people away.

The Sin Bin seemed to be a busy wee place and StuD & shull seemed to be revelling in it, StuD's exit seemed to be more to do with realizing that his attempt to sort out SMiSA by reporting them to "the powers that be" had backfired principally because he didn't even know who tptb actually were. As myself and others have mentioned it was always gonna end this way unless SMiSA made him Grand Wazoo. With his guru gone shull had little option but to follow..........

One things for sure, I'm not missing either of them.

Would any, or many, individuals be missed?

I think the sin bin is/was a divisive, point and stare exercise, much like kids would do in a playground surrounding one kid and goading him into doing something. If someone has broken the forum rules, then its up to mods to act. What i did notice is many others who have regularly been abusive remaining scot free, which does make it all look like one rule for some, one for me mates.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think the sin bin is/was a divisive, point and stare exercise, much like kids would do in a playground surrounding one kid and goading him into doing something. If someone has broken the forum rules, then its up to mods to act. What i did notice is many others who have regularly been abusive remaining scot free, which does make it all look like one rule for some, one for me mates.

If posters behave like kids, they get treated like kids. It's really that simple.

There effectively is no moderation on here, it's been that way for years. David hardly ever visits and I can't remember the last time I saw NSS make a post.

3 minutes ago, div said:

If posters behave like kids, they get treated like kids. It's really that simple.

There effectively is no moderation on here, it's been that way for years. David hardly ever visits and I can't remember the last time I saw NSS make a post.

Here's something radical...................why not get some assistance?

I have mentioned your issues previously.

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Here's something radical...................why not get some assistance?

I have mentioned your issues previously.

Yeah I could do that. Anyone up for spending a few hours a week moderating the forum?

I can't pay you and you'll get dogs abuse from the other members.

Please let me know if you're interested.

9 minutes ago, div said:

Yeah I could do that. Anyone up for spending a few hours a week moderating the forum?

I can't pay you and you'll get dogs abuse from the other members.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Are you watching in Lanark-shiiiiire...?

Stu, Thats your skillset right there! looks like you've been headhunted Dicko!

Its been a stressful season, and tempers are frayed with the fact that almost every Saturday we don't win , so most posts have been questioning something.

The club, and even the site will survive and agree the Sin Bin has at least issued yellows were justified, even sometimes (faraway) where is it was obvious it was harsh:blink:

If you get a booking after a yellow ur just asking for it !!

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Its been a stressful season, and tempers are frayed with the fact that almost every Saturday we don't win , so most posts have been questioning something.

The club, and even the site will survive and agree the Sin Bin has at least issued yellows were justified, even sometimes (faraway) where is it was obvious it was harsh:blink:

If you get a booking after a yellow ur just asking for it !!

:wub: