Latest Scores

FTOF

Why can't football be like this all the time?

Peruvian shaman puts curse on All Whites in head-scratching ceremony involving NZ Flag

Shamans, witch doctors and dancers, perform a rite in an attempt to bring good luck to Peru's national soccer team. (Photo / AP)

Shamans, witch doctors and dancers, perform a rite in an attempt to bring good luck to Peru's national soccer team.

I would be happy to don my baking "whites" and curse the opposition before all home games. :holiday

Edited by Bud the Baker

Australia well deserved winners in the Qualifiers V Honduras, Mooy showing absolute class in these two games, and Mile Jedinak showing the composure needed for two penalties, and a deflected free kick.

At least I now have a team to support in the World Cup. but nothing will make up for Scotland sitting on the sidelines yet again.....

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I watch him quite a lot, on his game, class, but not consistent, like the first  leg in this tie.

Both the Irish teams and Scotland have nothing like him in their squads.

Wales have Bale.

England have a few half decent players who can turn a game.

Down here in England it was pointed out, by a Man City fan, the glory days on Scottish players featuring in most of the best teams in England have gone.

Sadly true.

Who was the last player we had that could feature or star in a top side?

Indeed.

I would say the last player we produced who could even remotely be described as top class was John Collins and he retired from international football almost 18 years ago.