Latest Scores

FTOF

1 minute ago, eastlandssaint said:

Swansea  City  0     Manchester City  4

Good result, back to scoring goals, albeit against a poor side.

Liverpool & Arsenal, as expected, fluff it again.

No disrespect to City, the other "top sides" are showing no real consistency. 

League looking good so gives City a chance, and this is very important as United have shown in season past, to focus on the Champions League. 

Watching Match of the Day and the commentator said, I paraphrase, City are he best team he's ever seen in the premier league.

One of the impossible arguments but I would disagree.

United, under Ferguson, consistently murdered teams.

I'm not denying City are in the debate as are the Arsenal "invincibles"  but City certainly are in a position to be seen as one of the best, depending on how they perform in the Champions League. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Betty pumped up? :byebye
Everton on a bit of a resurgence, people write off Rooney is quite amusing.
Form is temporary, class is constant. 
Was it poor form or lack of class that caused the Newcastle keeper to spill the ball to Rooney allowing him a tap in into an empty net? [emoji6]

Can't be arsed starting another thread so, watching the darts, Phil Taylor, greatest player EVER, struggling to beat a player who is poor by BDO standards.

Funny how, in non physical sports, that players lose "IT" as they get older.

Watched Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry and now Taylor slide into a decline which is kind of sad but still surprising as there is no real reason, apart from age. (Take note tantrum)

Taylor has NO chance of winning the tournament, mainly because he's slipped, although other payers have raised the game slightly.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Can't be arsed starting another thread so, watching the darts, Phil Taylor, greatest player EVER, struggling to beat a player who is poor by BDO standards.

Funny how, in non physical sports, that players lose "IT" as they get older.

Watched Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry and now Taylor slide into a decline which is kind of sad but still surprising as there is no real reason, apart from age. (Take note tantrum)

Taylor has NO chance of winning the tournament, mainly because he's slipped, although other payers have raised the game slightly.

Did you see John Higgins after going out of the recent UK championship ? 

He admitted it was the beginning of the end for him, sad but inevitable. In football etc, lack of a contract usually signals the beginning of the end but in things like darts , snooker etc it can be painful to watch once great stars underperforming against players who would not normally be fit to lace their boots or chalk their cue (ooer missus )and tainting the memory .

Thats where Golf has the right idea with the Masters series. players still with a lot to give and a massive draw but never going to challenge the young bucks.

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Did you see John Higgins after going out of the recent UK championship ? 

He admitted it was the beginning of the end for him, sad but inevitable. In football etc, lack of a contract usually signals the beginning of the end but in things like darts , snooker etc it can be painful to watch once great stars underperforming against players who would not normally be fit to lace their boots or chalk their cue (ooer missus )and tainting the memory .

Thats where Golf has the right idea with the Masters series. players still with a lot to give and a massive draw but never going to challenge the young bucks.

Don't watch snooker much these days, watched last weeks semi finals and finals and only down to O'Sullivan being brilliant I watched as much as I did.

In physical sports it's easy to see the beginning of the end but what makes the snooker/darts player go downhill although Taylor has went on to quite a ripe old age?

Anyhow, he's battling away, but he must be frustrated struggling against a dumpling. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Don't watch snooker much these days, watched last weeks semi finals and finals and only down to O'Sullivan being brilliant I watched as much as I did.

In physical sports it's easy to see the beginning of the end but what makes the snooker/darts player go downhill although Taylor has went on to quite a ripe old age?

Anyhow, he's battling away, but he must be frustrated struggling against a dumpling. 

And as if to shut me (& Him) Up !!! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/42374322