Latest Scores

FTOF

Cup semi is a sh!te game. Motherwell haven't needed to be good to beat this mob fae the north east. Not one decent shot on target for the "famous Aberdeen". and Motherwell's goals have been from dreadful defensive mistakes. Don't think I'm witnessing the cup winners on the strength of this.

On the plus side I don't think Aberdeen will be looking for a new manager. Well. Unless the sack McInnes.

26 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Cup semi is a sh!te game. Motherwell haven't needed to be good to beat this mob fae the north east. Not one decent shot on target for the "famous Aberdeen". and Motherwell's goals have been from dreadful defensive mistakes. Don't think I'm witnessing the cup winners on the strength of this.

On the plus side I don't think Aberdeen will be looking for a new manager. Well. Unless the sack McInnes.

Just seen the goals, Aberdeen defenders must have had money on Motherwell. :lol:

Man Utd's season is a strange one, already 2 points better off than last season, if they win tonight, 5, yet the PERCEPTION is they are worse than last season.

Still in with a chance of the FA cup, second in the league, Champions league secured for next season yet some can only see doom and gloom.

The ghost of Ferguson looms over United and will haunt them for many a year. 

Also Man City, who have slipped slightly, are also showing they are some way ahead in the Manchester rivalry. 

Still 0-1, 44 mins. 

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Man Utd's season is a strange one, already 2 points better off than last season, if they win tonight, 5, yet the PERCEPTION is they are worse than last season.

Still in with a chance of the FA cup, second in the league, Champions league secured for next season yet some can only see doom and gloom.

The ghost of Ferguson looms over United and will haunt them for many a year. 

Also Man City, who have slipped slightly, are also showing they are some way ahead in the Manchester rivalry. 

Still 0-1, 44 mins. 

One of the problems is the "style" of football. I was in the pub by chance during the derby and afterwards we were trying to explain to a United "fan" that had they played their season out the way they did in the 2nd half that game, they'd probably still be in the title race. Perhaps not win it, but they'd be a lot closer in. They have the players capable to play that way, but Mourinho is so set in his tactics that none of the front lads have freedom.

Lukaku scored 20+ every year for Everton because they were free to play (perhaps too much). Salah is flying at a club who encourage it, Kane gets freedom at Spurs (he'd have 45 goals if his team mates didn't claim some of his goals). Pogba would thrive on that freedom. We said he'd look much more like a £90m player in the City team. It's nice and well saying they are having a good season but my belief is they'd have provided a better challenge in the league with an attackive style, and Sevilla would not have dumped them out of the CL.

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

One of the problems is the "style" of football. I was in the pub by chance during the derby and afterwards we were trying to explain to a United "fan" that had they played their season out the way they did in the 2nd half that game, they'd probably still be in the title race. Perhaps not win it, but they'd be a lot closer in. They have the players capable to play that way, but Mourinho is so set in his tactics that none of the front lads have freedom.

Lukaku scored 20+ every year for Everton because they were free to play (perhaps too much). Salah is flying at a club who encourage it, Kane gets freedom at Spurs (he'd have 45 goals if his team mates didn't claim some of his goals). Pogba would thrive on that freedom. We said he'd look much more like a £90m player in the City team. It's nice and well saying they are having a good season but my belief is they'd have provided a better challenge in the league with an attackive style, and Sevilla would not have dumped them out of the CL.

I agree Mourinho has, in a few, yet important, games,  parked the bus.

Just to clarify, Lukaku has scored as many this season, for club and county, with a few games to go, than he did last season.

As I said, perceptions and the ghost of Fergie. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I agree Mourinho has, in a few, yet important, games, has parked the bus.

Just to clarify, Lukaku has scored as many this season, for cub and county, with a few games to go, than he did last season.

As I said, perceptions and the ghost of Fergie. :wink:

I was picking out the league games only as I know he's now on 16 as of about 15 minutes ago. As a (half) Belgian I'm well aware of his Belgian appearances which can often be frustrating :lol: I'd start him at the World Cup but I'd warn him if he didn't get up to speed quickly I'd be bringing in Batshuayi. In five games at the Euros Romelu only scored against the ROI (that probably means he's a Sevvie in the eyes of Sellik fans).