Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freethinker

St Mirren v Dundee United Challenge Cup FINAL Fir Park 25/3/17

716 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Possibly Easter Road, could possibly get a crowd of 14,000 plus :blink:

Hibs have a home game that weekend plus Easter Road is the venue for the Scotland midweek friendly a few days beforehand.

chalky1 likes this

6 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Hibs have a home game that weekend plus Easter Road is the venue for the Scotland midweek friendly a few days beforehand.

We will just need to postpone the game until the 16th May 2017, 30th anniversary of our last cup final against the arabs :D

BuddieinEK and munoz like this

51 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Presuming that Hibs would play their game on Saturday, we could face utd on the Sunday.  However, more than likely another venue will be selected!

I was thinking East End Park. Same distance to travel for both lots of fans, 11500 capacity & Dung game is off as they were due to play Dun Utd

BIG BEN likes this

Div is saying he believes it will be played on the Friday night.

What a complete joke!  Needs to be a Saturday 3pm kick off, let us all have a good day out.

If possible it should be played in Edinburgh, easy journey for both sets of fans, and when you look at the size of our support at the last diddy cup final there is no reason we couldn't fill one of the stadiums there (maybe not Murrayfield).

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What a complete joke!  Needs to be a Saturday 3pm kick off, let us all have a good day out.

If possible it should be played in Edinburgh, easy journey for both sets of fans, and when you look at the size of our support at the last diddy cup final there is no reason we couldn't fill one of the stadiums there (maybe not Murrayfield).

The final is usually a Sunday so I would prefer the friday night to that.

I see Div over in Pie & bovril tipping Firhill Friday night 24th March. Hope not would like to see a Saturday 3pm kickoff off. Has Alba got rights to this game ? You would get more fans on a Saturday

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Don't be saying Div is a joke, the sin bin will be reopened especially for you..................which wouldn't be a bad thing. :lol:

Dundee Utd have been to one challenge cup final , played only 25 miles from them at Mcdiarmid park against the mighty Stenhousmuir and they couldnt break the 8000 barrier.

Weve managed crowds of 13600 & 9500 in our two finals . I would still go with East end park . 10000 crowd in an 11500 ground would be a great atmosphere. Dead easy to divvy up the seating allocation , their fans arrive from the M9 in the east and take that side, we arrive from the west & have that side. No brainer

Edited by Callum Gilhooley
Qarsaan and BuddieinEK like this

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Dundee Utd have been to one challenge cup final , played only 25 miles from them at Mcdiarmid park against the mighty Stenhousmuir and they couldnt break the 8000 barrier.

Weve managed crowds of 13600 & 9500 in our two finals . I would still go with East end park . 10000 crowd in an 11500 ground would be a great atmosphere. Dead easy to divvy up the seating allocation , their fans arrive from the M9 in the east and take that side, we arrive from the west & have that side. No brainer

You make a good point. My choice would now be Edinburgh. Get to the game on the train with lots of drinking and eating options making for a good day out. Praying it's not a Friday night at Partick. Think Div is playing with United fans. I'm sure they would be outraged if it was in Glasgow add the Friday night just sounds bonkers. 

El Gingero likes this

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It 100% will not be Saturday 3.00 as it cannot be broadcast live in that slot. It's most likely to be Sunday or Saturday 5.15.  Friday night seems unrealistic to me.

Agreed, Saturday 5:15 being the winner giving time to get there, time to celebrate/drown sorrows with Sunday being recovery day.