St Mirren v Dundee United Challenge Cup FINAL Fir Park 25/3/17

716 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, div said:

Allocation; 4869
Sold so far; 3919
Remaining; 950
Days to go; 6
Buy; smfctickets.co.uk

I`m unlikely to be able to get a ticket but I was wondering why Saints only have 4869. Surely that's not half of the Fir Park capacity ? Or is it only part of the ground that's open ? Anyone able to help ?

3 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Where's best to go for a pint pre/post match near Fir Park?

3 hours ago, john scott said:

A like minded saint. We touched on the very subject over in the 'Buses/trains for the final' thread IB. Think it's a 'spoons' breakfast at the one near Motherwell station then either JD or electric bar on way to Fir Park for us.

Spoons opens at 8am but probably doesn't start serving drink till 11am. My train gets into Motherwell at 0954hrs so a spoons breakfast will be the first port of call. No doubt see you in there.

:guinness   

:withstupid

I`m unlikely to be able to get a ticket but I was wondering why Saints only have 4869. Surely that's not half of the Fir Park capacity ? Or is it only part of the ground that's open ? Anyone able to help ?

I did wonder this myself as Fir Parks capacity is 13742, though no doubt it's something to do with the amount of tickets the sponsors get.
faraway saint likes this

It's Mallans 21st birthday on Saturday, he's scored in the last 2 games and scored 3 in this cup already... 2 of them free kicks. Worth a wee fiver first scorer!

3 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

It's Mallans 21st birthday on Saturday, he's scored in the last 2 games and scored 3 in this cup already... 2 of them free kicks. Worth a wee fiver first scorer!

Mind stay off the pitch. :wink:

East Lothian Saint and shull like this

5 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Where's best to go for a pint pre/post match near Fir Park?

5 hours ago, john scott said:

A like minded saint. We touched on the very subject over in the 'Buses/trains for the final' thread IB. Think it's a 'spoons' breakfast at the one near Motherwell station then either JD or electric bar on way to Fir Park for us.

Motherwell Saint has opened a thread about Opening the firpark club for Saints Fans. 

2 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Not,be long now and FS IS BUYING ME A PIE AND BOVRIL

Capitals so he can't deny it :double

Buddies Bar, Tenerife, see ye there....................P&B for you, treble vodka for me, cheers. :clapping

Eaglesham saint likes this

2 hours ago, Froggie said:

At the last Fir Park Final when we played Falkirk they only opened 1 pie stall in our stand. 0-0 at half time but by the time I got to the front of the queue we were 2-0 down and had they had run out of pies. I hope things are better organised this time. Both on and off the park.

Gie's a pie

2 hours ago, Froggie said:

Simple, Utd have twice the support than us so get more tickets. We are struggling to sell what we have so it would be pointless having more tickets than we can sell.

faraway saint likes this

3 hours ago, HSS said:

The road to The Final..........

We have scored some great goals so far in this cup run. Hopefully a few more on Saturday :D

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Simple, Utd have twice the support than us so get more tickets. We are struggling to sell what we have so it would be pointless having more tickets than we can sell.

I think they'll be more Buddies than Arabs at the final, they've only sold 2,500 tickets up to now according to my DU 

supporting mate..

Given the ticket office was shut yesterday are you suggesting you have nearly two thousand tickets in your possession now? Was it a jemmy job or ram raid?

It was open from 11am - 1pm yesterday. I walked up and paid at the window, not sure if that's what a 'jemmy job' is.
shull likes this

2 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

I think they'll be more Buddies than Arabs at the final, they've only sold 2,500 tickets up to now according to my DU 

supporting mate..

Well that is their problem. Just under 5000 tickets is enough for us.

faraway saint likes this

If ticket sale estimates are to be believed it would seem that between Utd and ourselves we're going to struggle to barely half fill 13k capacity Fir Park.

i genuinely don't know whether to feel sad or embarrassed about this. When they announced the final venue I thought it was an ideal choice as I thought at least it will be full and will be a good atmosphere. 

Changed days indeed. 

21 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If ticket sale estimates are to be believed it would seem that between Utd and ourselves we're going to struggle to barely half fill 13k capacity Fir Park.

i genuinely don't know whether to feel sad or embarrassed about this. When they announced the final venue I thought it was an ideal choice as I thought at least it will be full and will be a good atmosphere. 

Changed days indeed. 

You'll get a good atmosphere with 7000 fans at Fir Park.

Isle Of Bute Saint likes this

30 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Changed days indeed. 

Still a few days to go . Hopefully we can sell a few more between now and Saturday .

17 minutes ago, munoz said:

Still a few days to go . Hopefully we can sell a few more between now and Saturday .

Based on the figures it doesn't seem to be us that's the problem. We've nearly sold our allocation (albeit I'm disappointed it's only 5k). Utd seem to be letting the side down at the moment.

Sometimes it's shite being a auld khunt and remembering the good old days.

Anyway, it'll be what it will be and we're still gonnae enjoy ourselves!

munoz likes this

Spoons opens at 8am but probably doesn't start serving drink till 11am. My train gets into Motherwell at 0954hrs so a spoons breakfast will be the first port of call. No doubt see you in there.

You can get a drink with a breakfast before 11.
East Lothian Saint likes this

9 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

:) think we must be on the same train ELS.

East Lothian Saint likes this