Cup final display - Updates in OP

Doakes

As some of you may have seen on Twitter, a group of us are arranging a cup final display. 

These things take up a lot of time and effort. We've had mixed success with these in the past, but confident we know what we're doing this time around!

We've made up a gofundme page, if you could spare a couple of quid, it would really help us to buy materials. 

Would appreciate any comments, advice, suggestions or questions to get this show on the road! 

https://www.gofundme.com/cup-final-flag-display-smfc/

default_sciarpata.gifdefault_sciarpata.gifdefault_sciarpata.gifdefault_sciarpata.gifdefault_sciarpata.gif

Update 1, 21st Feb:

- first batch of material ordered

- help required, if anyone has a talent for art and can spare a few hours, please get in touch 

- [email protected] 

Update 2, 24th Feb:

Have collected just under 150 names of people who want to join us for the display. Speaking with ticket office to ensure that we have our own section of the stadium (not restricting view for other supporters). St Mirren have given us information regarding safety etc. No issues.

Crowdfund figure, £360! Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to help. 

Update: 13/03/17

I've been deliberately quiet on this during the priority sale for season ticket holders. As mentioned previously, it's only fair that ST holders got their choice first. General sale opens tomorrow at 10am, so we're now good to go with our section. With huge thanks to Campbell Kennedy, we've secured seats together for those up for a party - ideally located behind the goals (slightly to the right)

If you would like to join us - just ask the ticket office to sit in the "active" or "singing" section, (they'll know what you're on about) - and they'll give you a ticket in our part of the ground. We have space for over 200 buddies.  :thumbs

As for the flag display, Motherwell have kindly agreed to let us in early to set up. Also confirmed that our flags fall within stadium guidelines. If you can volunteer some time pre match to help set up - drop me a PM. I shall repay you in beer.

This display does require mass participation. If you find a flag on your seat, wave it like hell as the teams come out. Keeping schtum on the specifics, but we think it'll show our club in a good light! 

Any questions, feel free to ask (or PM)

COYS 

Crowdfund figure: £470

Edited by Doakes
Updating op

18 minutes ago, Doakes said:

As some of you may have seen on Twitter, a group of us are arranging a cup final display. 

These things take up a lot of time and effort. We've had mixed success with these in the past, but confident we know what we're doing this time around!

We've made up a gofundme page, if you could spare a couple of quid, it would really help us to buy materials. 

Would appreciate any comments, advice, suggestions or questions to get this show on the road! 

default_sciarpata.gifdefault_sciarpata.gifdefault_sciarpata.gifdefault_sciarpata.gifdefault_sciarpata.gif

Oh FFS not this guff again.:blink:

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh FFS not this guff again.:blink:

Haha, positive as always mr oaksoft. 

8 minutes ago, HSS said:

Advice?

Black is not a background display colour.

Yeah we know the black doesn't work. We've got a few ideas already. No black involved 

If you are going to do anything, I think you'd be better of getting one of those huge banners made that gets passed along by the crowd rather than pieces of card put out for supporters to hold up. We, as a support are rubbish with that kind of display and there'll be a fair few glory hunters turn up for the day that just aren't inclined to go along with a cards held aloft type of display.

http://www.giantflags.co.uk/

this kind of thing.

46 minutes ago, Doakes said:

if you remind me in  a few weeks I will donate a few quids... maybe it will be good maybe crap but at least you are trying.

Edited by salo6

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

If you are going to do anything, I think you'd be better of getting one of those huge banners made that gets passed along by the crowd rather than pieces of card put out for supporters to hold up. We, as a support are rubbish with that kind of display and there'll be a fair few glory hunters turn up for the day that just aren't inclined to go along with a cards held aloft type of display.

http://www.giantflags.co.uk/

this kind of thing.

We're going down the flag route this time. Our fans don't do card displays....

Funding is going great so far. Thanks to everyone who has contributed! Some great buddies out there.

We've usually just made DIY stuff before, never set out with an actual budget. This time we want to make something that everyone will be proud of. Our support has been excellent recently, so I'm sure it'll be a success.

Edited by Doakes

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

Haha, positive as always mr oaksoft.  

Where would we be without people like you trying to organise our fun eh?:D

You are right though. I am positive. Positive that I absolutely HATE organised stuff like this.

Looks like you are almost at your target funding though so it would appear I am going to be powerless to stop you people obscuring my view with an enormous painted bedsheet. Hopefully you will tell me what stand you will be in and I can buy a ticket for another one? I promise to tell you what your flag looks like. This is a win-win I think.

Edited by oaksoft

12 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

If anyone starts passing a giant bedsheet over my head i will rip it, absolute nonsense and in no way helps the team. "go fund me" are you providing receipts and a planned budget for this, what will you do with any over-funding ?

Does any 'go fund me' provide receipts or budgets? Your donating in good faith that it will be used for the proposed purpose, if you don't trust them don't donate.

Receipts we can do nae bother. :)

Thanks to everyone who's made a donation. All of you are great! :wub:

Oaksoft, I don't even want to get into this. We'll let you know where we'll be doing it as soon as the location is confirmed. 

As for not helping the team? We've heard from our own players that they love having a lively Saints support behind them. This is a great opportunity to bring our fans together, united behind the team. Just hope everyone will get involved, it only works if everyone participates

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Oaksoft, I don't even want to get into this. We'll let you know where we'll be doing it as soon as the location is confirmed. 

As for not helping the team? We've heard from our own players that they love having a lively Saints support behind them. This is a great opportunity to bring our fans together, united behind the team. Just hope everyone will get involved, it only works if everyone participates

We have some right miserable old sods on here. Surely anything that fans can do to get behind the team has to be a good thing , i applaud your efforts  :clapping..... do they always work ?  No , not always but is that a reason to stop trying ? 

I think you should use the money to buy half a dozen Drums, that would really piss them off.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'm still laughing at Kombiebuddie using the term 'glory hunters' in relation to the Bells B&Q Ramsdens Petrofac Irn Bru Colts Welsh & Norn Iron Diddies Diddy Cup. Carlsberg don't do crap glory hunters, but if they did....

Just because you don't see it as important, which you do your usual, repeat and fecking repeat, it doesn't mean it's not important to others.

Many will dust out their scarfs and head along to this.

It could just reignite some passion, it could get some youngsters interested as they don't care, it's being at a cup final.

All of the above could be important if we're still in with a shout of escaping the drop.

Back on topic................these things need careful planning as most will remember the embarrassment at the last League Cup Final.

Other teams, with more financial resources and experience of attending cup finals :rolleyes:, make them work although we should be looking at smaller teams and what have they done in the past to make this worthwhile.

Good luck anyway as these people take time and effort to try but it's still got to be the right thing for a team with our resources.

Also we have a large amount of moaning faced cnuts as supporters so something that involves as few as possible might be an idea. :lol:

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

So in other words you come up with an idea and if we dont like it then by insinuation we are not supporting the team to the best of our ability? Deary me. I am not rejiectng the team. I am rejecting your idea. Just like I did four years ago.

3 hours ago, buddiecat said:

If anyone starts passing a giant bedsheet over my head i will rip it, absolute nonsense and in no way helps the team. "go fund me" are you providing receipts and a planned budget for this, what will you do with any over-funding ?

Peter......could you ask the Club if we can borrow the "League Cup" banner for the Final?

Maybe you could carry it to make sure it stays safe.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So in other words you come up with an idea and if we dont like it then by insinuation we are not supporting the team to the best of our ability? Deary me. I am not rejiectng the team. I am rejecting your idea. Just like I did four years ago.

Where does he say or even insinuate this Oaky ?  

You dont like the idea ,We get that . But he and others like him are trying something . In my opinion that should be applauded . if you are not a fan of it , dont participate but to denigrate other peoples well intentioned efforts does you no credit at all.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley