Cup final display - Updates in OP

Doakes

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Wow, you are great. :1eye

#oneoflifeslosers

It's a real word and he used it in the right context.

What's your problem?

Oh that's right. There is an unwritten rule in Scotland that you can't show any sign of intelligence in public. I keep forgetting that our culture is governed by people at the bottom.

Edited by oaksoft

On Wed Feb 22 2017 at 3:41 PM, oaksoft said:

It is incredible that they are now using it to sort out the "true believers", who seem to care more about what it looks like on TV, from the rest of us who are just happy to be in a Cup final in the first place.

This should have been done through the likes of SMISA with a vote from the fans about whether to have this. It would have been IMO the bare minimum of decency and respect. Had I been on the losing side of that vote then I would have been more accepting of it. Instead we have so-called "superfans" holding the rest of us to ransom regarding where we sit and talking us down as somehow less supportive of the team.

Should you not be hanging out the window shouting at kids to stop playing football :)

46 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Should you not be hanging out the window shouting at kids to stop playing football :)

This was sorted out yesterday.

As usual you are late to the party and wearing the wrong outfit.

To answer your question though. I solved that problem years ago by not living on council estates. :P

Edited by oaksoft

43 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This was sorted out yesterday.

As usual you are late to the party and wearing the wrong outfit.

To answer your question though. I solved that problem years ago by not living on council estates. :P

Yep , cause theres just no room to kick a ball in traveller sites 

My tuppence worth on all this, not just this thread but the many times over the years organised singing, displays and drums etc have been discussed.
Fitba is changing ....Some folks want displays and singing sections etc....I'm old school in go to the Fitba if I want to sing I sing. Some folk song no matter what ( and let's not kid ourselves alcohol plays a part when ye have a group of guys singing when we down and out). Which ever way you support the team is your way and right for you. ...none of us are any better than each other it isn't a competition. In the past folk, like myself, who aren't interested in displays and organised singing have been labelled old, moany, boring etc. Wrong! Everyone of us there yesterday or be sat there on Wednesday night are there supporting our team, we have got up off our arsed and put money in the club and sat there watching. Just cos we don't agree on how to support doesn't mean we should bloody argue about it. When the team comes out at the final I want to stand, shout come on saints and clap like feck, if folk want to hold up a flag or whatever go for it! I do NOT want my view restricted by a big flag....who would? Big flags for display and not bothering anyone smashing go for it.
NOW for the controversy. ....I don't post on here much anymore but I am sure some will remember my views on drums from years back....I HATE the feckers at Fitba. ..ibrox. ..thumping head every time just shut up and sing! I've always said if there was a drum at love street I'd give up my season ticket.....yesterday. ....I have to admit I didn't hate them....I'm not saying I loved them and a col of times I did think not again....but when the singing is as loud also the drum ain't that bad. I deliberately stood to side of goal in middle of terracing cos I knew the boys would go up the back centre....I couldn't have been too close it would have done my nut in. If they sat a couple of rows in front of me at love street (aye I know it's not love street ) I'd probably end up stealing their wee drumsticks! I have therefore come to the conclusion that I aye just a bigot cos I didn't like the ibrox drum!
We are all there to support the saints....appreciate that we all different personalities, different way of doing things and all want the same thing. ..For saints to win so accept that and do your thing your way and just respect out individual choices. But I swear if ye ever sit next to me with the drum....well aye I might not listen to my own advice [emoji4]

17 hours ago, Miss Saint said:

my views on drums from years back....I HATE the feckers at Fitba. ......yesterday. ....I have to admit I didn't hate them.... emoji4.png

The drums were great at Ayr. It was an old fashioned ground with terracing and standing up. We could all bounce about and sing away to our hearts content. It was just like the old days. If you were stuck in a seat with some drummer boy banging away in the seat next to you I could see it being a problem but at Ayr both the drums added to the atmosphere.

Hats off to the Drum section of the NB Aggro. I also thought you did a sterling Job.

COYS.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Drummer on the terrace

On 2/25/2017 at 2:05 PM, spoogy1 said:

What's the update on the display and is there any pictures ?

Hi Spoogy1

No update to report other than what's in the OP, still early days. Not putting up pictures... But what we can tell you is that there will be a lot of flags involved :ph34r: 

Update: 13/03/17

I've been deliberately quiet on this during the priority sale for season ticket holders. As mentioned previously, it's only fair that ST holders got their choice first. General sale opens tomorrow at 10am, so we're now good to go with our section. With huge thanks to Campbell Kennedy, we've secured seats together for those up for a party - ideally located behind the goals (slightly to the right)

If you would like to join us - just ask the ticket office to sit in the "active" or "singing" section, (they'll know what you're on about) - and they'll give you a ticket in our part of the ground. We have space for over 200 buddies.  :thumbs

As for the flag display, Motherwell have kindly agreed to let us in early to set up. Also confirmed that our flags fall within stadium guidelines. If you can volunteer some time pre match to help set up - drop me a PM. I shall repay you in beer.

This display does require mass participation. If you find a flag on your seat, wave it like hell as the teams come out. Keeping schtum on the specifics, but we think it'll show our club in a good light! 

Any questions, feel free to ask (or PM)

COYS