Raith Rovers v St Mirren

irvine_buddie

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No news yet on it and still no fit goalkeepers.

I think that it's only fair Ryan Stevenson is in goals against us as it would give us the same advantage Ayr got playing them. :headbang

I think that it's only fair Ryan Stevenson is in goals against us as it would give us the same advantage Ayr got playing them. :headbang

I would rather they signed Hibs 3rd choice, you know the guy that used to play for us [emoji106]

They're after an experienced goalie with Hughes going as far as saying they'd be as well off with Stevenson in goal than an U21!

Presumably though they will have to get a young guy in unless they can find someone club-less and older.

Either way it looks like it'll be someone who hasn't played much senior football (recently at least) on their debut.

7 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

They're after an experienced goalie with Hughes going as far as saying they'd be as well off with Stevenson in goal than an U21!

Presumably though they will have to get a young guy in unless they can find someone club-less and older.

Either way it looks like it'll be someone who hasn't played much senior football (recently at least) on their debut.

Sounds like whatever they end up with, it's got to be a less than perfect solution, which must be good news for us.

9 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Sounds like whatever they end up with, it's got to be a less than perfect solution, which must be good news for us.

Knowing our luck it will be some keeper that's played in the Champions League this season.

52 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

They're in disarray though that doesn't mean they can't win on Wednesday!

Had a wee look at their forum there and it's fair to say their fans are panicking. 4 days on from the Ayr game and still no sign or suggestion of a new keeper appearing. If I was a Raith fan, given that he had no a bad game and Yogi seems averse to U21's, I'd be worried Hughes is thinking of going with Stevenson again.

11 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

They're in disarray though that doesn't mean they can't win on Wednesday!

Had a wee look at their forum there and it's fair to say their fans are panicking. 4 days on from the Ayr game and still no sign or suggestion of a new keeper appearing. If I was a Raith fan, given that he had no a bad game and Yogi seems averse to U21's, I'd be worried Hughes is thinking of going with Stevenson again.

I'm pretty sure that they'll have a couple of keepers on trial and will offer one of them a contract prior to the game.

13 minutes ago, Kendo said:

I'm pretty sure that they'll have a couple of keepers on trial and will offer one of them a contract prior to the game.

You would think so but they've been struggling to get someone in for the best part of a month. They were even in touch with Montrose's 50 year old goalkeeping coach, Jim Butter, before the Ayr game but couldn't make it happen.

7 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

You would think so but they've been struggling to get someone in for the best part of a month. They were even in touch with Montrose's 50 year old goalkeeping coach, Jim Butter, before the Ayr game but couldn't make it happen.

They need to contact Callum Gilhooley. 

Against Hibs and Ayr we scored 4 goals but none were from set-pieces. From them today came the goal, the Dembele incident as well as a few other bits and pieces.

With Mallan's delivery and Sutton, MacKenzie and Davis in the box, set-pieces should be a real strength for us. Hopefully they'll be particularly effective on Wednesday with Raith's goalkeeping problems.

Could not care less about Raiths goalkeeping situation.

We need to crush this team regardless of who is in goals.

If we play the way we have been doing recently we are going to give someone and absolute doing and I have a feeling it will be Raith.

Edited by oaksoft