Raith Rovers v St Mirren

irvine_buddie

Why?
Because we might end up failing to survive relegation?
f**k that.
Sport is about passion and emotional commitment. Risking being emotionally crushed is what makes the good times special. Avoiding it is for cowards.
We want to go to Kirkcaldy absolutely f**king buzzing as a support and with a team full of belief that not only are we going to pump and demoralise Raith but that we are going to survive relegation with matches to spare. This attitude is how people turn around seemingly impossible odds.

It must be the end of days as that's twice in successive days I've agreed wholeheartedly with you![emoji3]

I bet the lads would like to play this game right f**king now. They've just gone toe to toe with the Champions and put up as good a performance as any domestic team.

Raith, Ayr and Dumbarton must be shitting themselves.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I guess you are suggesting that this is the language or mental outlook of winners and you may well be right.

I do agree that we all need to be up for the fight.

Yes that is how I see it.

Winners generally tend to have won half the battle before the game even starts.

It isnt bullshit bravado or kid on positivity. It is merely this: Does anyone on here genuinely believe in their heart that a team containing Stephen McGinn is about to be relegated in a 4 way battle involving two part time teams and when we all have to play each other? I dont. There isnt a shadow of doubt in my head that we will reach at least 8th. Not a single doubt. Wednesday cannot come quickly enough.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It isnt bullshit bravado or kid on positivity. It is merely this: Does anyone on here genuinely believe in their heart that a team containing Stephen McGinn is about to be relegated in a 4 way battle involving two part time teams and when we all have to play each other? I dont. There isnt a shadow of doubt in my head that we will reach at least 8th. Not a single doubt. Wednesday cannot come quickly enough.

amen!

Love it. Well said.

let's hope that the ridiculous decision to field a full strength side at parkhead doesn't backfire on us

i see a new report has come out saying that Scottish football is in denial about sectarianism

indeed

any saints fans who went to parkhead were condoning and funding sectarianism

shame on them

let's hope that the ridiculous decision to field a full strength side at parkhead doesn't backfire on us
i see a new report has come out saying that Scottish football is in denial about sectarianism
indeed
shame on them

"The Press understands that a junior football stopper trained with the team yesterday (Monday) while an experienced goalkeeper from Europe is also due to arrive today and could be thrown straight into action pending international clearance."

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/raith-insist-goalkeeper-will-be-in-place-for-relegation-six-pointer-1-4384936

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Slight favourites going into this game, as our recent form would suggest.

Raith now 15/8, St Mirren 6/4 with the draw 11/5.

Raith 1 -2 St Mirren (17/2 :rolleyes:)

Decent odds for us considering they've not won a game since October (17 games ) . 

I can't see anything but a Saints win looking at recent form and quality of the respective squads and of course their goalie situation. Therefore 6/4 is indeed generous. A wee tenner on that will cover my ticket and leave me with money for a pie and bovril!

4 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

indeed

shame on them

:blink:

Just now, elvis said:

Base it on the fact our record there is pretty bad and its Saints we always like to be charitable to teams in trouble.

You tell him elvis, ask him how often you've been wrong this season.