Raith Rovers v St Mirren

irvine_buddie

Stelios is a much better left back than right. Raith were in our faces from the start and didn't allow Mallan or McGinn a minute forcing them into giving the ball away all too often. They could've played Stevenson in goal tonight as it wouldn't have mattered. Big effort needed on Saturday.

Just back. Raith wanted not to lose and played for it with everyone behind the ball and McGinn and Mallan tightly marked. We had loads of possession and corners but could seldom find a way through. Sutton was in M'voto's back pocket so even a long ball did not work. Reckoned if we scored they would have to open up and we would get more. If they scored it would be 1-0 which is the way it was looking until we had another clangers moment.

Agree that I would not have brought in Eckersley tonight as 1. Stelios looks better playing left back and works well with Morgan and 2.  Irvine's best games for us have been his last two at right back.

But we were jaded tonight and although everyone tried hard it was not to be.

Can we all get a reality check we have done well the last 4 games then 50 plus mins at that ground on sunday but most sensible fans knew there would be one game that didnt go to plan WE still do not have a devine right to win any game not matter how well we have played recently. For me and only my opinion ross is either the " messiah" or the devil incarnate to certain fans no matter if we win or lose. WE  as st mirren supporters ( me of 39 years) have seen highs and many lows need to remain behind the team in this crucial period. The players have alrwady alluded to the support they hqve had in recent weeks 

Coys 

Had a bad feeling this might happen, a combination of a few things actually including virtually the same team playing 5 big games in 18days, the hype over Brendans  statement, a big anticipated game at Parkhead, can picture John Hughes geeing Raith up all week, was massive for them too, problem we have now is Dunfermline are playing really well too and they are up next, the games are coming thick and fast, am thinking now in hindsight !!! maybe we should have played the u20s against Celtic,  a game we were never really gonna win, :huh:  Jacks job just got a very lot harder

Just home from the game. Very frustrating game tonight tbh, the pitch was horrendous, it wasn't a night for silky soccer & we certainly didn't see it.

First half we dominated without creating much, second half was a bit of an non entity until they scored, then scored again. Poor result but didn't think we deserved to lose, but we did.

Great support yet again, shame we weren't rewarded for our efforts.

It's not a disaster but a win would've been nice. The players have put in a lot of effort the last couple of weeks, hopefully tonight was a blip.

We go again on Saturday, 3 points please saints.

If he had left Irvine in the team while Eckersley was fit, you would have slaughtered him.  As it happens, I would have kept the same team as Sunday, but you've been slabbering about how sh*te Irvine has been, but now want him to have his place?

Not the case at all. Irvine is a disaster of a player, but this isn't about him.

This is about maintaining the fantastic understanding Stelios and Morgan had developed on the left side. Who plays right back didn't really matter. Irvine, Eckersley, Fjelde... whoever. Just don't disrupt a productive partnership.

Jack loves a tinker though. It's like that time we beat Dundee and the next week he tried a completely new formation at home to Falkirk. We lost then and we lost again tonight.

A disappointing day at the office from the buddies tonight. It was obvious from the start of the game that we weren't quite at it and you hoped it would pick up in the second half but it never did.

Everyone was off their game and you feel that the effort put in at Parkhead on Sunday had taken its toll on the players.

There is enough talent and desire to turn this round but we really should be beating a very poor Raith side.

The cup games have been a wee bonus but the effect of playing two games a week i feel took it's toll tonight and that's a shame.

The player's need to get rested and dust themselves down and get ready for the Dunfermline game.

Hopefully we can find the energy levels and up our game again and get something from the next two home games.

A massive turnout tonight from the buds fans. 800 fans was a tremendous effort. Impressive stuff!

Everything that is wrong with our game (the Scottish game) was evident to me tonight watching the Periscope stream. Saints are playing a massively important game and what are people posting?

1-0 Barca

2-0 Barca

3-0 Barca

Phukin embarrassing! I mean really who gives a phuk about the score in a match between some Spanish team and some French team at the best of time, let alone in the middle of probably our most important game in years!

Fast forward and I'm channel hopping tonight and land on the Champions League highlights so decide to see what all the fuss is about. What do I see. That cheating khunt Suarez conning his way to ensuring that UEFA get the result they want, followed by a studio full of ex "superstars" wanking over foreign fitba. I give up. 

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Everything that is wrong with our game (the Scottish game) was evident to me tonight watching the Periscope stream. Saints are playing a massively important game and what are people posting?

1-0 Barca

2-0 Barca

3-0 Barca

Phukin embarrassing! I mean really who gives a phuk about the score in a match between some Spanish team and some French team at the best of time, let alone in the middle of probably our most important game in years!

Fast forward and I'm channel hopping tonight and land on the Champions League highlights so decide to see what all the fuss is about. What do I see. That cheating khunt Suarez conning his way to ensuring that UEFA get the result they want, followed by a studio full of ex "superstars" wanking over foreign fitba. I give up. 

Aye, focus on the diving, and there was some. :lol:

Forget, conveniently, the sublime quality of football.

Time you went into a dark room and calmed down. :byebye

Back on subject, we got thumped.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, focus on the diving, and there was some. :lol:

Forget, conveniently, the sublime quality of football.

Time you went into a dark room and calmed down. :byebye

Back on subject, we got thumped.

Sorry we are in disagreement. I couldn't give a flying phuk about the sublime quality of fitba played by a random Spanish team who mean nothing to me at the the best of times, let alone in the middle of any important Buds games. 

You are right about one thing though. I am a tad grumpy :D.

That said, I did say as much on the stream when our game was still 0-0. 

He posted just after the team had been announced that Jack Ross should keep the same line up, knowing fine well the team had changed.

There's a few that call themselves Sr Mirren supporters on here that seem to thrive on us losing.

So posting my opinion on the team before the game means I thrive on us losing? What if we had won?

What a brass neck :lol:

In the cold light of day this was a disaster of a result.

The Hibs result, and performance, was, IMO, a possible turning point.

Last night could be another turning point, unfortunately in the wrong direction.

Nothing is settled yet but there is no getting away from it, losing to a team who hadn't won for 17 games was a killer.

I think Saturdays game against Dunfermline is a "must win"...................:(

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

In the cold light of day this was a disaster of a result.

The Hibs result, and performance, was, IMO, a possible turning point.

Last night could be another turning point, unfortunately in the wrong direction.

Nothing is settled yet but there is no getting away from it, losing to a team who hadn't won for 17 games was a killer.

I think Saturdays game against Dunfermline is a "must win"...................:(

In the cold light of day? Whilst last night you were clearly exhibiting a warm glow of misplaced optimism? :blink:

Its been a busy schedule the last few weeks and its going to continue. Something like 10 games rapid in 3 weeks it's testing times.but that's what happens when you have 2 good cup runs.the Celtic game a few days after the hibs and Ayr games has taken a lot out of the leg's. Let's hope the lads can get a good rest before Saturdays game.COYS

We were never going to win all our remaining games, and I don't recall anyone suggesting we would.

Raith have been shite, and many of us reasonably expected to beat them, but we didn't. Hibs are sitting top of the league - few of us held out much hope of picking up all the points in that one, but we did. So it goes.

We need points. At the end of the season, it won't matter where we picked them up from. We might well have a few more unexpected results, and can only hope that more of them will be of the Hibs variety.

Edited by Drew