St Mirren v Hibs 1st March

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, there's lots of reasons we might not beat Hibs.

While yesterday was not just 3 points, it was a decent performance but Hibs are a completely different problem.

Not lost a league game since early December, thumped Hearts only a week ago and will be pretty confident of doing the same to us.

Similar to when we play Celtic next weekend, it's not impossible, and HIbs are not in the same bracket, but they are as hard as we'll face outside Celtic.

If we lose to HIbs it won't define our season, we have other teams and targets that we are better equipped to deal with.

We have a steady line up now i don't think Jack will make too many changes. The new guys are improving with every game and looking fitter, i think we can win this game. Winning this would put pressure on the teams just above us.

We can beat Hibs, and should be going into the game trying to beat them. This isn't a bonus game where anything we get is an extra we weren't expecting.

We've won three in a row, with new players bedding in, finding their feet and building fitness. I hope the fans come out in good numbers as well, because the team is starting to deliver results and the fans can have a huge effect on them.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, there's lots of reasons we might not beat Hibs.

While yesterday was not just 3 points, it was a decent performance but Hibs are a completely different problem.

Not lost a league game since early December, thumped Hearts only a week ago and will be pretty confident of doing the same to us.

Similar to when we play Celtic next weekend, it's not impossible, and HIbs are not in the same bracket, but they are as hard as we'll face outside Celtic.

If we lose to HIbs it won't define our season, we have other teams and targets that we are better equipped to deal with.

I watched the second half of Hibs v Dunfermline, and the Pars were all over them and really should have won the game.  It will be a tough game but there is no need to feel intimidated by Hibs.

1 hour ago, scottd said:

I watched the second half of Hibs v Dunfermline, and the Pars were all over them and really should have won the game.  It will be a tough game but there is no need to feel intimidated by Hibs.

Oh, ok then, let's try this...............

Watch our first 45 minutes against that Welsh mob, where would you put us then? :rolleyes:

I'm basing my caution, and it's well known on here for the typical knee jerk reaction, that Hibs have not lost a league game since early December.

That suggests, to me, they are more than decent.

No need to feel intimidated, maybe not, but I doubt they will see us as a major threat.

Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

We can beat Hibs, and should be going into the game trying to beat them. This isn't a bonus game where anything we get is an extra we weren't expecting.

We've won three in a row, with new players bedding in, finding their feet and building fitness. I hope the fans come out in good numbers as well, because the team is starting to deliver results and the fans can have a huge effect on them.

Yes, we can beat Hibs, nothing is impossible.

Yes we've won 3 in a row, against a team in the league below us, a team from a, erm, what kind of league were TNS in, and another team just above us in the league.

Aye, that's us sending a message to Hibs, top of the league. :lol:

Again, good to have some hope but, and you certainly live in a some fantasy world, the reality is we are underdogs in this game and ANYTHING we get is a bonus.

Yes, we can beat Hibs, nothing is impossible.

Yes we've won 3 in a row, against a team in the league below us, a team from a, erm, what kind of league were TNS in, and another team just above us in the league.

Aye, that's us sending a message to Hibs, top of the league. [emoji38]

Again, good to have some hope but, and you certainly live in a some fantasy world, the reality is we are underdogs in this game and ANYTHING we get is a bonus.

You just make shite up and talk bollocks don't you? Anything to talk down the team or spin things into a negative.

Is it a fantasy saying we should be looking to beat Hibs? Is that what your tiny mind thinks? Really?

There are some bawbags on here.

10 hours ago, Soctty said:

You just make shite up and talk bollocks don't you? Anything to talk down the team or spin things into a negative.

Is it a fantasy saying we should be looking to beat Hibs? Is that what your tiny mind thinks? Really?

There are some bawbags on here.

No need to talk about yourself like that. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

16 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

we might have been crap first 45 mins against new saints,but steam rolled them 2nd 45 mins,scored 4 goals,and missed a penalty,so big difference,agree wi u soctty,COYS

Ok, since youre the most intelligent poster on here I've changed my mind, we'll pish all over Hibs. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Watched last 30 mins of Hibs game last night and we can match them.

Yesterday was marked improvement in the team. Attitude was first class throughout, we defended for our lives and created chances throughout. Could easily have 4 or 5. 

We have not had a BIG win against a GOOD side for a LONG time and this really is the time to do it. With Ayr playing Raith at the same time, I feel we have to at minimum match their result or worst case its back to square one.

Wish Hibs had won last night as I think they will be back up for it again on Wednesday. Was hoping to catch them on an off night !

Should you have access to the internet, you really are on the edge? [emoji38]
Anyhow, let's see what happens.
I'll come back and we can discuss this after the game. :byebye

Aye, I'm nearly losing it here.

Discuss what? That we should be looking to beat a team in our league at home? Fantasy stuff, surely...

Can see us starting more defensively with storie back in for this one to nullify the likes of John McGinn and co. We might go for the same tactics as the welsh game, keep it tight then unleash Morgan 2nd half.

Only 1973 tickets left in the home end meaning already we are over the 4,000 mark. With hibs filling their end we could be close to a gate of around 7000- sell out if the paying fans come out in force. think Ayr would need to lose on Tue for that to be the case but even if they win the team need all the support they can get. Somerset showed the effect we can have so get yourselves down to Greenhill Rd on Wed!