Billy McNeill

shull

9 hours ago, shull said:

Dementia, what an absolutely dreadful illness.

Very sad.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/billy-mcneill-9918500

A shame for anyone to have this illness.

McNeill is from an era when there were truly great Scottish captains.

Guys who led their teams to heights that will never be seen again.

Sad. :(

Good to see that there are no (and hopefully stays that way) sick jokes in reference to Billy McNeill's illness.
Anyone that's had a relative and had to helplessly watch on at the effects of such a horrible debilitating disease will agree.
Excellent player and manager and a great ambassador for Scottish football.

Regardless of what team you support, I'm pretty sure every Scottish football fan would be delighted to have a man like that leading their team out on a Saturday.

Guest TPAFKATS
Not sure. It certainly only just appeared in the papers I think.

Yeah, Celtic fans I know say he has been poor and deteriorating for a few years.

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I've not read much on this so genuine question - is there any reason why this story is running now? He's been pretty poorly for a while now.

1967 2017

Lisbon Lions time - and there have been a few functions/celebrations going on around that fabulous success story.

Notice would be taken at the absence of the man they call Caesar, their leader at THAT time.

Edited by antrin

Guest TPAFKATS
1967 2017
Lisbon Lions time - and there have been a few functions/celebrations going on around that fabulous success tory.
Notice would be taken at the absence of the man they call Caesar, their leader at THAT time.

Fuxache, how did I manage to miss that anniversary. Oh well, they deserve a wee shindig as they've kept it quiet all these years...

BTW, never thought I see you post about a 'fabulous success tory'

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Fuxache, how did I manage to miss that anniversary. Oh well, they deserve a wee shindig as they've kept it quiet all these years...

BTW, never thought I see you post about a 'fabulous success tory'

ooops.

ta

Spoke to a Celtic supporting mate who indicated that yes, this has become news due to the anniversary but also his family feel it's worthwhile making people aware how devastating this illness is, both for the family and person with the illness.

Must be heart breaking for the family and close friends to see anyone slowly decline into this state.

Nice to see some can't let it be what it is without referring to other, totally unimportant, shit.

We have some real classy supporters who see them selves as better when , in fact they are the same, classless. :thumbsdown

Guest TPAFKATS
Spoke to a Celtic supporting mate who indicated that yes, this has become news due to the anniversary but also his family feel it's worthwhile making people aware how devastating this illness is, both for the family and person with the illness.
Must be heart breaking for the family and close friends to see anyone slowly decline into this state.
Nice to see some can't let it be what it is without referring to other, totally unimportant, shit.
We have some real classy supporters who see them selves as better when , in fact they are the same, classless. :thumbsdown

What is this other, totally unimportant, shit you refer to?