New Stadium For Dundee?

HSS

FFS - Looks like a car crash waiting to happen, operating loss of £530k which is "nothing to worry about". Even if they made the Top Six they'd still have made a loss.

Nelms explained that missing out on a top-six finish in the Scottish Premiership - Dundee finished eighth - resulted in £200,000 less income than had been budgeted for.

It doesn't look like they even own Dens as they're paying rent so how are they gonna finance the stadium - look at the length of time a new stadium takes from planning to completion I wouldn't be to keen to start work with the club owned by an American who could easily walk away and leave everything half completed. It's kinda galling to see them swan about in the middle of the top flight whilst operating at a significant loss. Does anyone seriously expect this to end in anything but tears?

10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

FFS - Looks like a car crash waiting to happen, operating loss of £530k which is "nothing to worry about". Even if they made the Top Six they'd still have made a loss.

It doesn't look like they even own Dens as they're paying rent so how are they gonna finance the stadium - look at the length of time a new stadium takes from planning to completion I wouldn't be to keen to start work with the club owned by an American who could easily walk away and leave everything half completed. It's kinda galling to see them swan about in the middle of the top flight whilst operating at a significant loss. Does anyone seriously expect this to end in anything but tears?

Oh come on Bud be fair

Dundee have  history of solid financial planning................................... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9146206.stm   https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/nov/24/newsstory.sport6

Guest TPAFKATS
Nelms explained that missing out on a top-six finish in the Scottish Premiership - Dundee finished eighth - resulted in £200,000 less income than had been budgeted for.

If they are budgeting £500,000 just to cover an increase in rent then they probably could finance a stadium based on mortgage loans.
That said, they are another administration waiting to happen.

40 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

If they are budgeting £500,000 just to cover an increase in rent then they probably could finance a stadium based on mortgage loans.
That said, they are another administration waiting to happen.

Fairy Nuff - once the move's gone ahead they'll have reduced overheads and maybe better hospitality revenue, but it's the getting there that I was wondering about. They'll still have to pay this rent until the move is complete, just checked on wiki Aberdeen announced plans to move in 2009 and 8 years later they still haven't laid a brick. Think about our move from Love St. to GHR and the time, commitment and money (£250k on two planning proposals IIRC) that took.

Like I said above they've owners come from the US it's not inconceivable the owners could lose interest and walk away halfway through the process, I wouldn't want to be the company that built the stadium without getting the money upfront, still think it'll end in tears. :bairn

There really is only one option, merge with their city rivals and form a new team called Dundee United! :zipit

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
Fairy Nuff - once the move's gone ahead they'll have reduced overheads and maybe better hospitality revenue, but it's the getting there that I was wondering about. They'll still have to pay this rent until the move is complete, just checked on wiki Aberdeen announced plans to move in 2009 and 8 years later they still haven't laid a brick. Think about our move from Love St. to GHR and the time, commitment and money (£250k on two planning proposals IIRC) that took.
Like I said above they've owners come from the US it's not inconceivable the owners could lose interest and walk away halfway through the process, I wouldn't want to be the company that built the stadium without getting the money upfront, still think it'll end in tears. default_crying.gif
There really is only one option, merge with their city rivals and form a new team called Dundee United! :zipit

Wouldnt necessarily disagree with any of that. Only point would be that once they move, the money they currently spend on rent and also the majority of maintenance costs would then be used to pay off the 'mortgage' on the new stadium. The owners also hint at having additional revenue streams if they move.

Mibees they also envisage enticing another team to be their tenants [emoji3]

Don't see the move happening, more likely to go into admin again.

• 5 months later...
Guest TPAFKATS
Um yeah - here's the new news..........
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-40977364
I checked there had been some progress since March then posted the wrong link! :1eye
The club have submitted preliminary plans to the coonsil.

It's bizarre that they would try and build a new stadium without involving United in a ground share.

This strange story involving the United chairman was linked at the bottom of your link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-40977366

17 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm sure United will be sorry to see the back of dens park due to the league and cup winning memories they have as well

Hearts willnae.

Or Billy Thomson after that Semi final.