British Cup vs Coventry City - Article Help Needed

Got this request in from a lad who is writing a piece about the never-finished British Cup match between St.Mirren & Coventry City.

I am currently working on a piece about the Anglo-Scottish Cup match between Coventry City and St Mirren from 1987.

The first match finished 1-1, but the second leg has yet to happen. I was just wondering whether you knew of anyone who was at the first match, or who can recall why the second leg wasn't played?

The Coventry perspective is a lack of sponsor to fund travel costs to Paisley, in addition to fan apathy, but I would really like to include a quote from a St Mirren fan about this game. If you are able to help me with any recollections, or know somebody who can, I would be very grateful.

Anyone help?

It wasn't an Anglo-Scottish Cup match, it was a one off two leg English v Scottish Cup winners. I've got a similar memory about dates, a piss poor crowd at Coventry, a poor first leg score for Coventry and an inability to find a suitable date.

37 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Was it yourself and another that the CW bus picked up from the local police station. I can remember a tall chap (name forgotten, one of the robo clan?) and trying to remember if anyone else required a lift home. Ya holigans emoji23.png

Mistaken identity if you please.

And no,you didn't pick us up.The bastard polis didnae let us out until the buses were gone and we had to get the overnight train home.It was a hoora job trying to dodge the Guard all the way home......but we managed.No Robinsons were involved in this incident.