St Mirren V Dunfermline 11 March

St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Apparently we had turned the corner after we beat Hibs.

Raith and Dunfermline were the next two games... 4 points minimum surely?

1 loss 1 draw. Terrible.

Totally agree 1 point from 6 against Raith  and Dunfermline is nowhere near good enough for us.

After the hope following the Hibs win that we might not only catch Ayr but somehow avoid the play-offs, it's now back to ninth at best again. Four points was an absolute minimum this week and we only manage one point. Reminds me of the back-to-back home games against Dumbarton and Dunfermline where we didn't manage a goal or a point.

Just now, Luther G. Presley said:

We were playing a team today who had lost only 1 of their last 17 games, a point against them is not a bad result.

Fair point.

We had chances to win it, though, so it goes down as a missed opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

We were playing a team today who had lost only 1 of their last 17 games, a point against them is not a bad result.

Totally agree bud but unfortunately we need to win games against sides like that if we have any chance of finishing 8th but now I think we need to accept 9th is probably best case scenario.

I do believe though that if we had started the season with this side we would be comfortably mid table as they are good players but lack a bit of consistency. However because of the hole we were in when they signed we need more..........sucks but it's where we are unfortunately.

I get people are frustrated about where we are and had hoped the result against Hibs would be the springboard to safety but that was a decent point against a side that have lost only 2 league games since October last year, the best part of 5 months.

We've played a lot of football recently and some of the players looked less sharp today and Wednesday than they have in recent weeks.

Ultimately it's a point gained on Ayr and we go again on Wednesday against Utd. If we beat them then the pressure is right on Ayr again and their game in hand is at Tannadice.

Think the run of games has had an impact on the last 2 results had to put so much effort in the Ayr,Hibs and Celtic there just didn't seem alot left to give.

Unfortunately Wednesday against Dundee United will require another big effort from the players.

Just now, Ronnie said:

Think the run of games has had an impact on the last 2 results had to put so much effort in the Ayr,Hibs and Celtic there just didn't seem alot left to give.

Unfortunately Wednesday against Dundee United will require another big effort from the players.

There's one game we could have done without.

Good but not good enough. Dumfermline were actually decent (although also diving cheats). 

Before Kickoff I'd have taken a point but should have had all three. Every point is a prisoner now.  Ayr I think we will catch and it 's pleasing to see Raith continue to implode. 

The escape is still on, But continues to be squeaky arse rather then stroll off. 

On a positive, I doubt many teams will be as hard as Dunfermline were today. 

Negatives. The forwards were powderpuff in front of goal, seemed nervous and afraid to take responsibility, McGinn was very quiet in comparison to previous games and we stood off them far too often. Positives. We made plenty of chances, should have put them away, the players lasted the pace and we made up a little ground on those above. We could have lost it, O'Brien had a tremendous save. In fact that was the sort of game we DID lose earlier in the campaign. Still in the hunt and the goal differences have shifted with the Raith and Ayr tankings.

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If we don't get anything from the game against Dundee Utd mid-week we are getting close to doomed.

A loss and we'd be 4 points behind with a game more played.

Another "must win" game?

Bollocks .