Jack Ross Must Stay

The Clubs just above us may be severely psychologically damaged after hearing what the great Brendan said about us being a wonderful football team.

Shitting it from the St Mirren.

We will stroll it ramorra night   and the rest of the Season. 

We will finish 7th thanks to Mr Rodgers. 

7 hours ago, David Mc said:

Think the point may have been we need to break the cycle of paying off/scaking managers rather than not being able to afford it.   

Chicken and egg situation - once we get a successful manager it won't be an issue. A manager who presides over us finishing 10th in the second tier couldn't be described as successful.

I hope we finish 9th or better and that JR goes on to have a successful tenure with the club, if that happens he'll go to a club with more financial muscle - that's football.

Chicken and egg situation - once we get a successful manager it won't be an issue. A manager who presides over us finishing 10th in the second tier couldn't be described as successful.
I hope we finish 9th or better and that JR goes on to have a successful tenure with the club, if that happens he'll go to a club with more financial muscle - that's football.

Indeed and the board should be keeping an eye on possible future managers at all times regardless of how any current manager is doing. The previous board had no clear recruitment strategy as far as I could see. What we'd give for a nice wee run like Ferguson, Clunie, MacFarlane and Miller none of them experienced or expensive managers.

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing in 10 players in January and blending them into a hard working, effective and motivated team that have been regularly picking up big wins and points within a few weeks,

scoring goals from pre-planned set piece moves,

creating a positive mood around the team and club,

engaging with the supporters and clearly understanding the importance of a bond between the team, club and fans

beating Dundee, Hibs and Dundee Utd 

No-one's perfect and he's made some mistakes but aye, he's doing alright for me.  

4 hours ago, Edinbuddie said:

Bringing in 10 players in January and blending them into a hard working, effective and motivated team that have been regularly picking up big wins and points within a few weeks,

scoring goals from pre-planned set piece moves,

creating a positive mood around the team and club,

engaging with the supporters and clearly understanding the importance of a bond between the team, club and fans

beating Dundee, Hibs and Dundee Utd 

No-one's perfect and he's made some mistakes but aye, he's doing alright for me.  

But apart from all that what's he done. :lol:

22 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Maintained our league position? :rolleyes:

Technically, it could be argued that he has improved our league position.

To put it another way, it would surely be hard to argue that our league position hasn't improved. As such, it hasn't been maintained, otherwise we would be in the same position (ie - trailing by 8 points or thereabouts).

Just now, Drew said:

Technically, it could be argued that he has improved our league position. :blink:

To put it another way, it would surely be hard to argue that our league position hasn't improved. As such, it hasn't been maintained, otherwise we would be in the same position (ie - trailing by 8 points or thereabouts).

Wrong.

Our league position was bottom, we are still bottom.

Now, I know, if you try, you can understand this. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Technically, it could be argued that he has improved our league position.

Sometimes you've just got to accept that dunderheid is correct. Hopefully we will start climbing the league. However until this happens then we need to hod oor wheesh. 

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wrong.

Our league position was bottom, we are still bottom.

Now, I know, if you try, you can understand this. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Sometimes you've just got to accept that dunderheid is correct. Hopefully we will start climbing the league. However until this happens then we need to hod oor wheesh. 

Nope - that's the unsophisticated analysis (I expect that of faraway, but I'm disappointed in you, Kendo).

Let's look at it another way....

A team sitting in second place in the league, trailing the top team by, say, 8 points, manage to close the gap to a single point. Would you suggest they are in a better position having closed the gap, or had merely maintained their position?

Now, I know, if you try, you can understand this:booty

Edited by Drew

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

Nope - that's the unsophisticated analysis (I expect that of faraway, but I'm disappointed in you, Kendo).

Let's look at it another way....

A team sitting in second place in the league, trailing the top team by, say, 8 points, manage to close the gap to a single point. Would you suggest they are in a better position having closed the gap, or had merely maintained their position?

Now, I know, if you try, you can understand this:booty

Position in the league when JR took over....................bottom.

Position umpteen months later........................bottom.

I suppose you will be happy if we're still bottom but are closer on goal difference to the team above us at the end of the season.....................progress?

PS Don't get excited about Tantrums "like", it's his way of telling me I get up his nose. :lol:

PPS Yours is a sophisticated analysis? :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Position in the league when JR took over....................bottom.

Position umpteen months later........................bottom.

I suppose you will be happy if we're still bottom but are closer on goal difference to the team above us at the end of the season.....................progress?

PS Don't get excited about Tantrums "like", it's his way of telling me I get up his nose. :lol:

PPS Yours is a sophisticated analysis? :lol:

Dearie me.

One last time....

Are you suggesting that we are not in a better position now than we were as the transfer window closed? Seriously?

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Don't FFS.

All I said was a rather, if factually correct, flippant post and Drew has flipped.

It's ok, he'll be ok in a day or so. :rolleyes:

I think I'll leave you two lovebirds to it.

Three's a crowd, etc.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Clearly being one point below the second bottom team isn't any better than being ten points below the second bottom team.:rolleyes:

I think I might have intruded during some pillow talk.