Jack Ross Must Stay

Guest TPAFKATS

Someone desperate for attention again. Poor attempt at trolling and seems to have forgotten the Stirling Albion game at Forthbank.
Must try harder...or take their negative pish elsewhere.

Let's wait until we know which division we're playing in next season before deciding how good or bad a job he's done. Eh?

Being bottom with six games to go is irrelevant when you're only a point off ninth - just as being eighth after next week of results go our way would mean feck all.

Meant to post earlier but we've been in this position before - except we're usually the one being chased. Numerous times when we were in the SPL sides changed manager, were cut adrift than started producing an incredible run of results that closed them right up to us while their new manager was getting lauded in the press for the remarkable job he was doing. Dunfermline, Falkirk and Dundee immediately come to mind. And pretty much every time they have run out of steam.

Let's just hope this doesn't happen to us and instead we do what Dundee United did to us in 2001 or Ross County in 2015.

Still a long way to go - never before has the "one game at a time" cliche been more true. It's so unpredictable there's no point in looking more than one game ahead and thinking about all the permutations - you'll drive yourself mad if you do!

Let's wait until we know which division we're playing in next season before deciding how good or bad a job he's done. Eh?

Really? Not sure the league we are in next season is a deal breaker at all. We are only a couple more injuries to key players away from being threadbare again. I will save it for the end of the season as you suggest but to have to strip out half your workforce in four weeks and get the other half performing considerably better at the same time is a huge managerial achievement in any profession never mind football manager.

8 hours ago, David Mc said:

Really? Not sure the league we are in next season is a deal breaker at all. We are only a couple more injuries to key players away from being threadbare again. I will save it for the end of the season as you suggest but to have to strip out half your workforce in four weeks and get the other half performing considerably better at the same time is a huge managerial achievement in any profession never mind football manager.

Isn't it the case most teams are a couple of injuries from being threadbare? Also, why didn't he get the whole team playing better from day one? End of the season for me in the managers performance and pray were in the same league.

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Isn't it the case most teams are a couple of injuries from being threadbare? Also, why didn't he get the whole team playing better from day one? End of the season for me in the managers performance and pray were in the same league.

I'll give you one reason.

When Ross arrived the players were completely bereft of confidence.

That's not something you can sort overnight.

If you watch the team now, they've got confidence in spades, due to the manger's influence in changing the playing staff and turning them into a winning team.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I'll give you one reason.

When Ross arrived the players were completely bereft of confidence.

That's not something you can sort overnight.

If you watch the team now, they've got confidence in spades, due to the manger's influence in changing the playing staff and turning them into a winning team.

Yeah, ok, this "bereft of confidence" is a well used reason and I'm not going over old ground. Let's hope we continue to win games.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yeah, ok, this "bereft of confidence" is a well used reason and I'm not going over old ground. Let's hope we continue to win games.

Probably because a blind man could have seen that this was the case.

It was all about avoiding conceding a goal and when we inevitably did, then we crumbled and the defence went to pieces.

Night and day compared to what we're seeing now.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Probably because a blind man could have seen that this was the case.

It was all about avoiding conceding a goal and when we inevitably did, then we crumbled and the defence went to pieces.

Night and day compared to what we're seeing now.

Surely you're not suggesting that Smokie isn't blind

Alongside the "bereft of confidence" we also had some players who were either not very good or were quite frankly phoning it in to use a wrestling phrase. Some of them looked like they just did not care, possible that came across to Jack too. It needed change, certain pointers and shouters had to leave. Its now a better squad, better mood and nobody can deny they don't look better coached and organised. We've had one mess of a performance since the overhaul, but overall its night and day so let's just move on.

23 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

6 games to go and we are bottom of the league

where we were when Jack Ross took over

St Mirren have never ever been in such a dreadful position, facing relegation to the third tier

beating the likes of Ayr united should be considered par for the course, not treating it like winning the world cup :lol:

We are the form team in the division since Ross got rid of Rae's duds. Next week we'll be off the bottom and then it will be onwards and upwards. Nice try Captain.

First point. Yes most teams are. But if they don't get injuries and we do if could influence our results. Not sure what you are getting at here?

Second point. Think the other replies have got that one nailed.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

C'mon Shrek even you cant deny we are playing some great football (you have see yesterdays highlights yes?)

twitter was awash with compliments from pundits and players 

McColl,Lennon.Hughes and MacKinnon have all said that we are a very good team or words to that effect

time to start waving the flag and ditch the negativity.....then again...now that i think about it ..maybe not..

your our negative lucky charm :):P 

2 hours ago, David Mc said:

First point. Yes most teams are. But if they don't get injuries and we do if could influence our results. Not sure what you are getting at here?

Second point. Think the other replies have got that one nailed.

First point, aye, as I said, every team is in the same boat so not sure what the point is, as it wasn't me who made it. Second point, strange everyone has insider knowledge of the players or maybe they are making something that is purely subjective into fact to suit a point of view.

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

C'mon Shrek even you cant deny we are playing some great football (you have see yesterdays highlights yes?)

twitter was awash with compliments from pundits and players 

McColl,Lennon.Hughes and MacKinnon have all said that we are a very good team or words to that effect

time to start waving the flag and ditch the negativity.....then again...now that i think about it ..maybe not..

your our negative lucky charm :):P 

C'mon sheep shagger, even you can see I wasn't negative, only pointing out some inaccuracies. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...