Update From Fans Council Regarding Family Stand Patrons

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

Was there a similar furore when season ticket holders in the family stand were denied the opportunity to purchase their usual seats at the recent TNS game?

Nope, as the game wasn't on the season ticket, therefore hadn't been paid for.

Guest TPAFKATS
What about the 3 and 4 storey tenements that previously stood on the land?

Did they perhaps have appropriate foundations for 3 and 4 storey tenements?

9 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

Was there a similar furore when season ticket holders in the family stand were denied the opportunity to purchase their usual seats at the recent TNS game?

Not at all... because Season Tickets are not valid for cup matches!

That said... I think if they market themselves as a family club then there should have been provision for a family section in one of the two stands used. The Panda club should have been on too!

09 March 2017

Family Stand season ticket holders event

SMFC Webteam
 Fans News

At the end of last season supporters within the family stand were moved from their seats to allow more Rangers fans to attend the final match of the 2015/16 season campaign. The previous board made promises to provide some sort of compensation to those supporters who were forced to move seats, however, they sold the club before the season started.

The new board are very aware of the disruption this caused and would like to make up for it in some small way. 

In conjunction with the St Mirren Fans Council, we have arranged an exclusive event for season ticket holders in the family stand. It takes place on Sunday 19 March from 12:30pm to 2:30pm and we will be hosting a family fun afternoon in the 1877 Supporters Club. It's only for those family stand season tickets who were displaced for that Rangers match and is our way of saying thanks for renewing your season ticket.

There will be much to keep the children and yourselves busy with a children's disco, face painting and more along with attendance by current and former players. There is no charge to supporters for this event and we will also be providing a buffet. 

In addition, the Scotland U17s will be taking on Serbia at the Paisley 2021 Stadium at 3pm and entry is free. So feel free to stay for the rest of the afternoon and watch the Scotland stars of the future. 

To allow us to cater for everyone we would appreciate it if you could let us know in advance if you are attending. Please email [email protected] to confirm your attendance.

On the day you will need to bring your season ticket with you to gain entry to the SMFC 1877 Club which is situated at the far right hand side of the main stand near the club shop.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you to the Supporters Club. 

For the love of god! :blink:
Anyway, hope the day goes well.
As usual, no matter what is offered, it'll not be good enough.
I hope it's well supported and an, overall, "well done" to all concerned.

Would have been better supported with more than 10 days notice as I am working and have no time to arrange a swap of shifts.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Would have been better supported with more than 10 days notice as I am working and have no time to arrange a swap of shifts.

I understand individual issues but what length of notice would have been suitable?

You know as well as I do people would come up with reasons to knock this, no matter what.

Can't keep everybody happy.

I would say a months notice would have been better. While I agree you won't please everyone the way they have handled this just Smacks of let's do something for as cheap as possible then we can say we did this.

First there was the whole it's a big secret, plus you need to contact the club then they made the announcement "those that were actually displaced" I think everyone would agree it should be all those in the family stand and the short notice.

I'm not affected but this is appears to be a raw deal any good intentions have been blown out of the water with the way its all been handled.

I hope those that can attend enjoy themselves and have a great time. Also hope to see some positive posts on here saying it was worth the disruption of being moved and the day was organised very well