QOS v St Mirren Sat 18th March

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Why - Dumbarton's draw at league leaders Hibs was as impressive as Ayr's win against a mid-table outfit like Dunfermline. It might work out the way you predict but Dumbarton will have as much to play for as Ayr - if Ayr win they'd go level with Dumbarton but with a game in hand. I wouldn't foresee that game being anything less than blood&thunder  from both sides.

Why? Because it has been that sort of season for us since dropping to 10th place! Since going bottom on 17th September we've stayed there for at least 27 weeks in a row.

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Why? Because it has been that sort of season for us since dropping to 10th place! Since going bottom on 17th September we've stayed there for at least 27 weeks in a row.

Even so today was the first time in months we started in a position where we might possibly have gone up to ninth had we won. We made up two points on Dumbarton and a goal on Ayr & Raith so we're marginally closer. If we finish in 10th place it'll be October-January's results that did for us but I'm feeling a bit Wildeish at present - we may be in  the gutter but I'm looking at the stars.

7 games played in 22 days and 4 league wins under high pressure conditions. You can't underestimate the monumental effort from the players. Well done to all involved.

Disappointing the other results but from Ayr's point of view we turn them over then they beat Raith. 24 hours later we beat Hibs. Today they win at Dunfermline but they still can't shake us off as we win on the road too. I think we have a big psychological advantage going into the game in 2 weeks' time. Just need to do what we've been doing on the day.

As for Dumbarton, Raith and Dunfermline I think the Ayr result today will have shook them up more than ours. Let's see now how they perform under the pressure we've coped with the past few weeks.

Edited by Julian Banjos

Terrific win. Disappointing Raith and Ayr got wins but can be viewed as two points gained on Dumbarton.

Our destiny was never going to be completely in our own hands as Raith, Dumbarton and Ayr are fighting for their lives too.

Ayr in two weeks is going to be massive. I predict over 5000 for the game.

Every game between now and the of season will involve at least one team with something big to play for.

What a last couple of months we are going to have.

33 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Wouldn't be hugely surprised if Ayr go and win their game in hand against Dumbarton now and we move into the last 7 games 4 points behind the 2 teams above us.

As long as we keep winning. There are plenty of points for teams around us to drop. 

I wonder if the club are considering doing a deal for the Ayr and Dumbarton games.

I have a season ticket but would love to see the club do something like a £5 for adults and kids free or a £1 for Raith game get a 7,000 plus crowd.

Alternatively as you say maybe do something like £25 for both Ayr and Dumbarton game. Something to think about and publicise straight after we hopefully win the cup. Tap into the feel good factor while the going is good.

The club have to think on their feet el pronto as you won't get this level of interest every season with so much to play for.

My Celtic supporting brother in law has been to about 5 games in last couple of months and seen us win everyone of them. He is now hooked and took my wee nephew down to Dumfries today for their first saints away game. Both coming to the final next week and absolutely loving the St Mirren experience.

15 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

I have a season ticket but would love to see the club do something like a £5 for adults and kids free or a £1 for Raith game get a 7,000 plus crowd.

Alternatively as you say maybe do something like £25 for both Ayr and Dumbarton game. Something to think about and publicise straight after we hopefully win the cup. Tap into the feel good factor while the going is good.

The club have to think on their feet el pronto as you won't get this level of interest every season with so much to play for.

My Celtic supporting brother in law has been to about 5 games in last couple of months and seen us win everyone of them. He is now hooked and took my wee nephew down to Dumfries today for there first saints away game. Both coming to the final next week and absolutely loving the St Mirren experience.

Probably too late as both games are already on the website, but there was an opportunity missed to get a package put together. Again we need to get an atmosphere going for the Ayr game and that should mean Ayr in the away stand and Saints fans in the whole of the West stand making as much noise as possible.

59 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Terrific win. Disappointing Raith and Ayr got wins but can be viewed as two points gained on Dumbarton.

Our destiny was never going to be completely in our own hands as Raith, Dumbarton and Ayr are fighting for their lives too.

Ayr in two weeks is going to be massive. I predict over 5000 for the game.

Every game between now and the of season will involve at least one team with something big to play for.

What a last couple of months we are going to have.

Indeed brother . the other teams in the mix have started to shit themselves and we saw today what that means to results . Only a matter of time til we overhaul one of them. .

We were awful in the first half, wasn't quite sure how we were in front considering we created better chances for Queens than ourselves. Couldn't see any way we would keep a clean sheet but we were much better and pretty comfortable in the end. Just wish O'Brien could catch simple shots and crosses rather than randomly dropping them.

Mercer will wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat mumbling Morgan over and over again after that one. He was absolutely skinned for the penalty and Morgan went one better after we scored.

Disappointing with the results elsewhere but ultimately we're still a point off Ayr and the gap to eighth is four points instead of five so not too bad at all.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Even so today was the first time in months we started in a position where we might possibly have gone up to ninth had we won. We made up two points on Dumbarton and a goal on Ayr & Raith so we're marginally closer. If we finish in 10th place it'll be October-January's results that did for us but I'm feeling a bit Wildeish at present - we may be in  the gutter but I'm looking at the stars.

Thought we did.:rolleyes:

I think this is right.......but i didnt appreciate we still have at least 9th place still in our own hands........i thought we were dependant on others.

If Ayr and Dumbarton draw next week we are 2 points off ayr with same games played. so if we beat them when we play them and then equal or better results in remaining games we are ok. IF a draw we are 5 pnts behind dumbarton with a game in hand and still to play them.

If ayr win then it means dumbarton just 4 ahead and we have the game in hand. ayr still catchable if they drop points in their game in hand against dundee utd away.

If dumbarton win then ayr now can be overtaken when we play them.

So its all good now?........or have i missed something

Quite an easy 3 points in the end.

QOTS were all over us first half and should have been ahead by the time we scored right on half time. Then we got the early goal second half and that was that. QOTS went into preseason mode and we focussed on the games elsewhere.

Stand outs for us were Mallan - he's simply far too good for us - and I thought Baird had an excellent game at the back. Never easy for a youngster coming into a team like that having been idle for weeks, but he was a big part of our clean sheet today.

Can't believe none of the 3 teams above us lost today, all had tough games.

Back to back wins is great, and we played well today and Wednesday. Still though, to be 10th at the end of March having played a game more the 9th is never a good thing. And that is where we are.

14 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Quite an easy 3 points in the end.

QOTS were all over us first half and should have been ahead by the time we scored right on half time. Then we got the early goal second half and that was that. QOTS went into preseason mode and we focussed on the games elsewhere.

Stand outs for us were Mallan - he's simply far too good for us - and I thought Baird had an excellent game at the back. Never easy for a youngster coming into a team like that having been idle for weeks, but he was a big part of our clean sheet today.

Can't believe none of the 3 teams above us lost today, all had tough games.

Back to back wins is great, and we played well today and Wednesday. Still though, to be 10th at the end of March having played a game more the 9th is never a good thing. And that is where we are.

Should Jack Ross still go?

Another great 3 points today , too many stand outs to mention . The turnaround since Jack Ross made his first signing is there for all to see . Well done Saints .

It's decent progress and now we are in with a solid chance of saving ourselves. As ever though fate conspired to produce results that railed against us today. Clearly we are a better team than our current last place but we need to dig ourselves out of a hole that's been dug by two years of utter ineptitude. We might just turn this, but I reckon we need 40 pts.

We'll see, at least we have belief and expectation restored. Jack Ross has shown his class and undoubtedly has a decent future in the game, hope its with us.