Sevco /Celtic We Can Do Without Them

shull

When they were liquidated, was Newco allowed to keep Oldco's history.

X Titles

X cups

Founded 18 something or other

Etc

I apologise for my ignorance on this but down south, they don't get a mention in the press because no one is interested in them but i was in Paisley the last 2 days & the papers there are full of this european result being the worst in their 145 year history blah blah.

Are they dead or not?

Oh aye, if they were dead, Septic demanding they're stripped of titles won in the EBT years would surely be a mute point.

Or are they dead to save the paying of debts but it is really business as usual.

Thank f**k i don't have to put up with their pish very often.

When I purchase my Wee Red Book later this month, I want to read in the Past Honours pages that a Dead Clubs Title and Cup Wins have asterisks added to them instigating said dead Club fecking cheated Scottish Football. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

When I purchase my Wee Red Book later this month, I want to read in the Past Honours pages that a Dead Clubs Title and Cup Wins have asterisks added to them instigating said dead Club fecking cheated Scottish Football. 

You'll need to wait 'til next year.This years WRB has already been printed.

8 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

When they were liquidated, was Newco allowed to keep Oldco's history.

X Titles

X cups

Founded 18 something or other

Etc

SFA sh@t themselves and claimed it was ok. We all know different.

I apologise for my ignorance on this but down south, they don't get a mention in the press because no one is interested in them but i was in Paisley the last 2 days & the papers there are full of this european result being the worst in their 145 year history blah blah.

Are they dead or not?

Quite "Simply, that's YES"! (See what I did there?)

Oh aye, if they were dead, Septic demanding they're stripped of titles won in the EBT years would surely be a mute point.

No. Because those titles accorded to Oldco see them with fifty and that's why the Newco wear 5 stars. reducing it below would, at the very least, be hilarious! (Can you put a cross though a star?)

Or are they dead to save the paying of debts but it is really business as usual.

YES. And they pretend otherwise. BUT... Soon be "Simply the bust". (Plagiarised)

Thank f**k i don't have to put up with their pish very often.

LUCKY BASSA!

Edited by stlucifer

Dave King says the Employment Benefit Trusts used by Rangers "had no impact on the performance on the pitch".

Following the Supreme Court ruling that Rangers misused the scheme by paying more than £47m to players and staff in tax-free loans, chairman King released a statement on the club website.

Amid fresh calls for the club to be stripped of honours, King insists: "We won all of our titles fair and square."

And he added that the "real beneficiary was the Murray Group".

King said his statement was made in his capacity as "a former director and shareholder of Oldco to provide supporters with the true position following the final tax ruling and to correct any false impression created by David Murray's conflicting evidence in the Craig Whyte trial".

Giving evidence in court in April, former owner Murray said of the EBT scheme: "It gave us the opportunity to get players we may otherwise not been able to afford."

'No benefit whatsoever'

The EBT scheme was in operation from 2001-2010, during which Rangers won 14 major honours, but King is adamant the team did not benefit unfairly.

"As an investor and board member during the period of the so-called benefit I can categorically assure all supporters that the club received no benefit whatsoever," the statement continued.

"The opposite is true as the effect on the club was wholly negative. It was charged huge sums for advice from other Murray Group entities and it bore the consequences when that advice proved inadequate. Every single player that was signed during that period would have been signed whether the Murray Group tax scheme was in place or not. The real beneficiary was the Murray Group.

Guys a complete nutter:lol

9 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Dave King says the Employment Benefit Trusts used by Rangers "had no impact on the performance on the pitch".

Following the Supreme Court ruling that Rangers misused the scheme by paying more than £47m to players and staff in tax-free loans, chairman King released a statement on the club website.

Amid fresh calls for the club to be stripped of honours, King insists: "We won all of our titles fair and square."

King said his statement was made in his capacity as "a former director and shareholder of Oldco to provide supporters with the true position following the final tax ruling and to correct any false impression created by David Murray's conflicting evidence in the Craig Whyte trial".

Giving evidence in court in April, former owner Murray said of the EBT scheme: "It gave us the opportunity to get players we may otherwise not been able to afford."

'No benefit whatsoever'

The EBT scheme was in operation from 2001-2010, during which Rangers won 14 major honours, but King is adamant the team did not benefit unfairly.

"As an investor and board member during the period of the so-called benefit I can categorically assure all supporters that the club received no benefit whatsoever," the statement continued.

"The opposite is true as the effect on the club was wholly negative. It was charged huge sums for advice from other Murray Group entities and it bore the consequences when that advice proved inadequate. Every single player that was signed during that period would have been signed whether the Murray Group tax scheme was in place or not. The real beneficiary was the Murray Group.

I'm sure the Sevco elite will believe him. .

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

'No benefit whatsoever'

Nutter :lol

Someone on twitter linked this article as a response.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161850/Rangers-crisis-Dave-King-apologises.html

I think it really could go to another level with Rangers and Celtic in the near future. This guy King seems desperate to fuel the fire and demolish all small bridges that were ever made. 

Edited by davidg

Whilst visiting one of my clients today at work on the outskirts Leeds , this guy rolled out his office upon hearing my Scottish accent and for reasons best known to himself asked me "What do you make of Rangers result in Europa League pal?" , I replied I thought it was excellent, He said . " I'm a Rangers man" ( not really giving a f**k )

I said, ah well , you'll not he bothered either then if you're a 'Rangers man' , he asked what i meant and naturally i replied it was 'The Rangers' that got knocked out, so shouldn't affect him , he was bealing , no idea why [emoji14]

ETA ; I did mention one of your jokes ( sorry can't remember who posted it on here ) about letting their manager negotiate Brexit , having us out of Europe in 90 minutes, he wasn't impressed

On 7/7/2017 at 8:19 PM, davidg said:

Nutter :lol

Someone on twitter linked this article as a response.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161850/Rangers-crisis-Dave-King-apologises.html

I think it really could go to another level with Rangers and Celtic in the near future. This guy King seems desperate to fuel the fire and demolish all small bridges that were ever made. 

‘With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

‘And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

‘I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

‘I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

:lol:lol

• 2 weeks later...

How could anyone think that they could gain a sporting advantage by using a scheme to put more money in players hands....what the rest of us call wages...and as a consequence sign better players than they could otherwise afford.  Ridiculous thought. 

How could anyone think that they could gain a sporting advantage by using a scheme to put more money in players hands....what the rest of us call wages...and as a consequence sign better players than they could otherwise afford.  Ridiculous thought. 

Did David Murray not admit - under oath at the Craig Whyte trial - that Rangers could not have afforded the players who used the EBT scheme if that financial vehicle was not available?

Considering some of them were, by far, the best players in the country at that time; how could the use of EBTs NOT have conferred a decisive sporting advantage?

44 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Did David Murray not admit - under oath at the Craig Whyte trial - that Rangers could not have afforded the players who used the EBT scheme if that financial vehicle was not available?

Considering some of them were, by far, the best players in the country at that time; how could the use of EBTs NOT have conferred a decisive sporting advantage?

He DID.  Yes.

so why are the rules that have always hurt wee diddy clubs not been applied to the team that usetae play at Ibrox?

Why are the clubs not asking that those rules be applied equally and fairly?

Why are the papers, STV, BBC and all those other mainstream sporting media outlets so scared to ask questions and demand that truth, honesty and justice remain things in Scottish fitba?

If those rules are not applied to all participants, Scottish fitba is DEID as a sport....

Edited by antrin

As far as I can work out the matter is not yet dead and buried  but us now with the SFA. In itself this appears to me to indicate that the SPFL board are to some extent unhappy with the outcome so far but are both hamstrung about being able to do more and desperate to pass the responsibility on to the SFA and at the same time inviting Fans to express their opinions loud and clear.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

As far as I can work out the matter is not yet dead and buried  but us now with the SFA. In itself this appears to me to indicate that the SPFL board are to some extent unhappy with the outcome so far but are both hamstrung about being able to do more and desperate to pass the responsibility on to the SFA and at the same time inviting Fans to express their opinions loud and clear.

All their public mumblings so far have been about NOT doing anything, kicking the can down the road, passing it off to fans (who are NOT the responsible persons), claiming to be hamstrung by rules that they write, bend and break themselves.  It's all bullshit.

You couldn't invent a better example of crap governance.  SPFL and SFA are part of the problem.  They connived to invent a new club , bend all the rules to allow it into the leagues again, called in a retired Nimmo Smith to make a false judgement based on limited info that they fed him (that Rangers got no benefit from players paid by EBT) and now that the SUPREME  court judgement (AND Murray) say that was incorrect they are scared to uncover their chicanery.

SFA and SPFL - not fit for purpose.