Sportscene/Thommo

saintargyll

Time to give up your pundetry.....if he can see that the Griffiths foul was not a penalty and even defending the ref then its time to go

as a striker he would of been screaming all day long

no wonder he shut down his twitter account...hes starting to talk pish big time

just talk the truth big man...none of this hedging your bets by talking nice about rankjers

not just pretty pathetic...VERY PATHETIC !!!

Thommo your starting to sound like a DICK !!

6 hours ago, saintargyll said:

Time to give up your pundetry.....if he can see that the Griffiths foul was not a penalty and even defending the ref then its time to go

just talk the truth big man...none of this hedging your bets by talking nice about rankjers

Time to change your Top Man? :lol:

8 hours ago, saintargyll said:

Easy for us sitting at home watching umpteen replays from several different angles. I'm no great fan of Strachan but I thought his take on it was about right. There was a camera behind the goal line and from that it was clear that the ref's view of what was going on was partly hidden by the defender's body. Strachan also made the point that the ball clearly got deflected to the left which could have led him to believe that the defender had made contact with the ball. And as Strachan said,, the referee has to have no doubt whatsoever to award the penalty. Part of the trouble is too, that if a defender as much as farts near some forwards, they go down like they were hit by a juggernaut. Sounds like Strachan and Thommo were singing from the same hymn sheet. A conspiracy I suppose. Refs have a thankless job.

10 hours ago, saintargyll said:

Deary me. You need to have a lie down.

2 hours ago, RickMcD said:

Easy for us sitting at home watching umpteen replays from several different angles. I'm no great fan of Strachan but I thought his take on it was about right. There was a camera behind the goal line and from that it was clear that the ref's view of what was going on was partly hidden by the defender's body. Strachan also made the point that the ball clearly got deflected to the left which could have led him to believe that the defender had made contact with the ball. And as Strachan said,, the referee has to have no doubt whatsoever to award the penalty. Part of the trouble is too, that if a defender as much as farts near some forwards, they go down like they were hit by a juggernaut. Sounds like Strachan and Thommo were singing from the same hymn sheet. A conspiracy I suppose. Refs have a thankless job.

Yeah pretty much spot on for me.

If it had been against us I'd have been screaming for a penalty, but I can understand why the ref hasn't given it. Hill touched the ball. I think he was very lucky to touch it and there is an argument that he's fouled Griffiths on the way to touch it, but he's still got the faintest of touches on the ball.

The other aspect of the whole thing is that I really don't give two monkeys.

Guest TPAFKATS

I heard Thommo on the radio yesterday. Richard Gordon hooked him big time by waiting to get Thommo to give his view before revealing that Clint Hill had admitted that it should have been a pen.

Thommo thanked Gordon before deciding that he would stick with his non penalty view.
At this point Michael Stewart offered Thommo a shovel to assist with his hole digging.

With the greatest respect to Sir Thommo, he is talking out of his arse !!

Hill challenged from behind , at waist height  for a ball he couldnt even see and he takes the man out . If that had happened against us ,i believe this forum would have went into meltdown with shouts of Rangers bias .

Sorry for polluting the forum with this vid clip , didnt know how to cut to the moment in question. Run it from 4.00 

In my opinion

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Seen it all now

2 days away from a massive game we have a thread re Sevco and Celtic.................

What a shite thread.................................... Do I care if its a pen????

Thommo is a Legend End of.......................

You care enough to post on it.

THREE TIMES !!!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

35 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Bloody closet OF fans strike again!!!  

Hope you ain't talking about me. I wanted the two of them to get beat yesterday so I'm happy enough I suppose. Video replays will be introduced pretty soon. It works fine in many sports. In my post I didn't say whether I thought it was a penalty or not. I simply agreed with Strachan that from the angle the ref was seeing the incident it was impossible for him to be absolutely sure. When video replays inevitably get the green light, probably there will still be arguments. Maybe I should have said a bluey /green light in case I get accused of bias.

11 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

Hope you ain't talking about me. I wanted the two of them to get beat yesterday so I'm happy enough I suppose. Video replays will be introduced pretty soon. It works fine in many sports. In my post I didn't say whether I thought it was a penalty or not. I simply agreed with Strachan that from the angle the ref was seeing the incident it was impossible for him to be absolutely sure. When video replays inevitably get the green light, probably there will still be arguments. Maybe I should have said a bluey /green light in case I get accused of bias.

If the hat fits lol