Q&A Night with Jack Ross?

Just wondered if there were any plans afoot to have a wee Q&A Night with Jack Ross and Co?

Would be good to continue with bond that is forming between the management team, players and fans (that should maybe read 'some fans'). A chance to build on this 'we are in it together' attitude, which hasn't been present at the club for a couple of years.

Possibly the week before the Dumbarton game and they could bring along the cup (if we win it).

It has taken Jack Ross longer than I had hoped but I think something is slowly building at the club. If we keep picking up results and can catch Ayr in the next 3 or 4 games then it could be a memorable end to the season with some big games and much bigger than normal gates at St Mirren Park.

COYS!

1 hour ago, norrie82 said:

How will things be viewed if we don't pull this off. A manager appointed in October with 28 games left failing to keep us up and therefore overseeing two relegations in successive seasons. 

Personally I think we will survive via the playoff but just saying.  

Jack Ross will be here next season whether we are in League 1 or the Championship.  That is, if a bigger club doesn't come in for him.

The team Alex Rae put together played the worst football I have seen from St Mirren in my all years of watching the club, I think most fans understand the size of the task Ross had and are fully behind him.

Don't much care of a Q&A right now mind you, he should be spending every single second on match preparation!

10 hours ago, norrie82 said:

How will things be viewed if we don't pull this off. A manager appointed in October with 28 games left failing to keep us up and therefore overseeing two relegations in successive seasons. 

Personally I think we will survive via the playoff but just saying.  

Its a point Norrie, however as well documented the club with so many wrong calls, we cant just surely do this again.......

I think personally Jack has been a breath of fresh air, however he still is very new to this game, but he is honest......

We need to be honest also, we did not have the infrastructure, recruitment or BOD to play at the top table, and the fall out impacted the whole club.... SG brought us financial success however he then oversaw shocking appts

This for me is a total rebuild...... Alloa had no right to be in Championship, obviously we do, but we must support now I really do believe JR is a great acquisition for our club

I like the way Jack & James have gone about things. Churning over 20 players in January was no mean feat. It's a notoriously difficult period to get good players and I think generally speaking he traded really well. He also gave McAllister and Magennis their bows, and there's little doubt that the former got his move on the back of his first team performances under Jack.

I'd say the style of football is pretty pleasing on the eye for the most part and whilst it has taken some time, there is little doubt that we are a better side than we were at the start of the season under Alex Rae.

If we go down it will be a sore one but the McAllister money and the Celtic cup money will be important and I'd trust Jack to get us back up first time of asking.

If we stay up, as I firmly believe we will, then that money will hopefully help Jack continue to build on what are decent foundations.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

That's a bit arrogant.  The fact that Alloa didn't amass enough points is the only reason that they have "no right" to be in the Championship.  The same will apply to us if it comes to it.

How s that arrogant??

Alloa also had Rangers to contend with

To keep the peace  will rephrase and say Alloa punched above their weight, we are not

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

You said that we had a right to be in the Championship but Alloa didn't.  What right do we have to be anywhere.  You earn the right to be in a league due to your results on the pitch (while keeping within the league/association rules), not through the size (however you want to measure that - income/support/history/whatever) of your club ...

... unless, of course, you play your home games in Ibrox.

This is the best reply I have ever had on here

I have just worked it out, that your in any league, in any position because of the points amassed................

Is that how teams progress in cups also?

Thanks Mate :thumbs2:whistle

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

This is the best reply I have ever had on here

I have just worked it out, that your in any league, in any position because of the points amassed................

Is that how teams progress in cups also?

Thanks Mate :thumbs2:whistle

Slarti's was a great reply. 

Summed it up perfectly. 

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Only if the cup competition has a league format.

Can you now sarcastically explain how Alloa had no right to be in the Championship or were punching above their weight?

Sarcasm  ?????? No mate---- I am truly that thick......

Just realized goals come into this to.....

Tonight-- Just as long as we score more goals than them then we get all the points and then we can move position in the league.........

HOLD ON - FLAW------ We still stay tenth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah just not getting this!!!!!

But cups it works fine!!!! 

Alloa is a side issue, but just for record they deserve to be a League one team and would b out place in the Scottish Championship , Champions League  , and the EPL and Bundesliga!!!!!

29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Sarcasm  ?????? No mate---- I am truly that thick......

Just realized goals come into this to.....

Tonight-- Just as long as we score more goals than them then we get all the points and then we can move position in the league.........

HOLD ON - FLAW------ We still stay tenth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah just not getting this!!!!!

But cups it works fine!!!! 

Alloa is a side issue, but just for record they deserve to be a League one team and would b out place in the Scottish Championship , Champions League  , and the EPL and Bundesliga!!!!!

Eh? :blink:

16 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

How can Alloa be a side issue, it's the whole point of what I'm saying.

You said that they didn't deserve to be in the Championship, I say they did deserve it due to results on the pitch, which is the only (honest) way of deciding who deserves it.

Now you try to deflect because I had to state the obvious to correct you. The simple fact is that Alloa did deserve to be in the Championship. So do we as our results have not been such that we deserve to leave it, in one direction or the other.

I am taking the piss ya twat