Manslaughter Decision

faraway saint

Just now, faraway saint said:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/judges-quash-uk-marine-alexander-103301356.html

Decision to overturn a murder sentence to manslaughter for this soldier, on the grounds of "diminished responsibility".

His wife was "delighted"................................:blink:

Not so sure the Afghan soldiers family would be so happy.

no cùnt is bothered about this afghani, if he was somebody shull would have farewelled him

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 6:42 PM, faraway saint said:

Classy. :thumbsdown

Wonder what would have been said if it was the other way around and a British soldier was shot, while wounded?

Diminished responsibility? Aye, good yin. <_<

It happened a few times to the allied soldiers that died there but no one cared ..no recording to judge over ..but a knife rammed down your throat doesn't play well as soldier kills killer..

2 hours ago, strummer said:

It happened a few times to the allied soldiers that died there but no one cared ..no recording to judge over ..but a knife rammed down your throat doesn't play well as soldier kills killer..

When you invade someone else's country you can hardly be surprised that they dont live by the Geneva Convention.

Maybe Iraq and Afghanistan will force us to stop f**king interfereing in the internal business of other countries.

Guest TPAFKATS
When you invade someone else's country you can hardly be surprised that they dont live by the Geneva Convention.
Maybe Iraq and Afghanistan will force us to stop f**king interfereing in the internal business of other countries.

I'm pretty sure Taliban etc haven't signed up to Geneva Convention anyway.
That's one of the moral high grounds that we (UK) like to take over them.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So you only live by the Geneva con when you're the invader. you come over as a bitter little man..

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yes, which we then threw away in 2 ways. Firstly by invading a country we had no right being anywhere near. And then once we did so, some of our soldiers behaved like animals just like them.

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Well we need to (needed too, it's a bit late now), we went into Afghanistan & Iraq with promises of delivering democracy. We weren't willing to pay the price and left the countries largely in the hands of the militias. We've lost a generation or two to the radicals and will struggle to not to lose the next two unless we convince them that we have no selfish interest in their countries. Meanwhile life is a whole lot more dangerous for us here in the West but still nowhere as hellish as life appears to be in those countries we went in to save. Thank you Tony Blair!

12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well we need to (needed too, it's a bit late now), we went into Afghanistan & Iraq with promises of delivering democracy. We weren't willing to pay the price and left the countries largely in the hands of the militias. We've lost a generation or two to the radicals and will struggle to not to lose the next two unless we convince them that we have no selfish interest in their countries. Meanwhile life is a whole lot more dangerous for us here in the West but still nowhere as hellish as life appears to be in those countries we went in to save. Thank you Tony Blair!

History repeatedly tells us that when you lose the peace you lose the war.

We lost the war in both these countries and we seem increasingly incapable of understanding why.

It is tragic, it really is.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/03/2017 at 0:25 PM, oaksoft said:

History repeatedly tells us that when you lose the peace you lose the war.

We lost the war in both these countries and we seem increasingly incapable of understanding why.

It is tragic, it really is.

Yeh , overthrowing the "despot" always sounds like a great idea until it all goes a bit Pete Tong. .

Apart from the disaters in Afganistan and lraq , we also have the chaos we helped to cause across the so called Arab spring states. .

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

So the wife is happy to have her husband back and you think that is wrong ?
Regardless of what he did, I don't think the wife has said anything to merit your scorn .

She, like his barrister, are positively glowing..............yes, a wife should be happy, just keep it to yourself as the soldier has brought shame on the armed services both with his action and consequent stance since.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So the wife is happy to have her husband back and you think that is wrong ?
Regardless of what he did, I don't think the wife has said anything to merit your scorn .

Of course she should be entitled to her happiness at her husbands release. But she stood on the steps of the court a few weeks ago and declared her and her supporters focus should now be on going after the people who put her husband in the dock, i.e. His section colleagues who elected not to murder a wounded prisoner.

Nice body swerve by both of you . My comment had nothing to do with what happened weeks ago or what his barrister said nor indeed any comment on his crime . I made a direct response to Faraway's comment and I stick by it . Someone shoves a Mike in her face at a very emotional time and asks how she feels , what do you want her to say ?

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Nice body swerve by both of you . My comment had nothing to do with what happened weeks ago or what his barrister said nor indeed any comment on his crime . I made a direct response to Faraway's comment and I stick by it . Someone shoves a Mike in her face at a very emotional time and asks how she feels , what do you want her to say ?

I expect the book deal and film adaptation contracts are all but signed. This has been played to the galleries for much more than one reason.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Body swerve? Would that be when I said she should be happy? :blink:

Hardly "sticking a mike in her face".................Speaking to the Daily Mail newspaper while waiting for his release, Claire Blackman said: "I haven't slept all week. I feel like a child waiting for Christmas.