Buses/Trains For Final

HSS

11 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

Is there anywhere near the ground that will be OK to let kids into Pre Match?

Gone are the days of them standing outside the pub with a can of coke and a packet of crisps. Remember standing outside the Hole in the Wa and the Wee Barrell on many occasions. 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Are people seriously going to be getting tanked up with beer on a Satruday morning?????:lol:

That is alcoholism right there.

I will never understand people.

Seriously a few guys might get tanked up. Equally a few guys might enjoy a companionable beer or two without getting tanked up. Suggesting it is all alcoholism is hyperbole.

So far as your final sentence is concerned, that goes without saying. You have demonstrated that many times over several years now.

23 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

Seriously a few guys might get tanked up. Equally a few guys might enjoy a companionable beer or two without getting tanked up. Suggesting it is all alcoholism is hyperbole.

So far as your final sentence is concerned, that goes without saying. You have demonstrated that many times over several years now.

Very strange some Adults trying to find licensed premises that will allow their Children in.

On a fecking Saturday morning.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Are people seriously going to be getting tanked up with beer on a Satruday morning?????:lol:

I take it you weren't in Dumfries, Ayr or any of the other fine Scottish towns that offer hospitality on match days. Literally hundreds of saints fans played their part in boosting the local economies whilst enjoying a couple of beers. It's been part of football culture for years. Admittedly It is frowned upon in modern culture and the aim of every do-gooder appears to be to hammer the licensing trade and curtail the sale of the demon drink. 

34 minutes ago, shull said:

Very strange some Adults trying to find licensed premises that will allow their Children in.

On a fecking Saturday morning.

Is this not the modern way. Family pubs which encourage responsible drinking and eating so the real "bad" drinkers have no where to go.

1 hour ago, RickMcD said:

A companionable beer or two before the match. I like the sound of that. 

Right who's for getting tanked up after the match in Paisley when we win the cup.

:withstupid

It's not yir friend that buys you drink!

2 hours ago, RickMcD said:

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I take it you weren't in Dumfries, Ayr or any of the other fine Scottish towns that offer hospitality on match days. Literally hundreds of saints fans played their part in boosting the local economies whilst enjoying a couple of beers. It's been part of football culture for years. Admittedly It is frowned upon in modern culture and the aim of every do-gooder appears to be to hammer the licensing trade and curtail the sale of the demon drink. 

Is this not the modern way. Family pubs which encourage responsible drinking and eating so the real "bad" drinkers have no where to go.

A companionable beer or two before the match. I like the sound of that. 

Right who's for getting tanked up after the match in Paisley when we win the cup.

It's not yir friend that buys you drink!

Companionable beer? Boosting the local economy? FFS guys. Just call a spade a spade. It's alcoholism when you cant get to a match without taking in some beer:-D

That is the first time I have ever heard alcoholism justified in terms of the economic benefits to the local community. That was pretty funny :-D I also like the idea that in order to be social you need to be a pub dweller and drink alcohol. What a ridiculously over-defensive pile of tripe Ricky. Calm doon I was just having a wee loght hearted dig.

Enjoy the day folks and dont get overly defensive when people laugh at your your choices.

24 minutes ago, shull said:

On a Saturday morning :lol:

I think the key point is match day and just because your driving a taxi or any other heavy machinery doesn't mean you have to question the enjoyment of those who aren't.

Win the Cup 

and drink responsibly or not at all if you drive a taxi

and always keep some spare cash in case you might need a taxi

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Companionable beer? Boosting the local economy? FFS guys. Just call a spade a spade. (1)It's alcoholism when you cant get to a match without taking in some beer:-D

That is (2)the first time I have ever heard alcoholism justified in terms of the economic benefits to the local community. That was pretty funny :-D I also like the idea that in order(3)to be social you need to be a pub dweller and drink alcohol. What a ridiculously over-defensive pile of tripe Ricky. Calm doon I was just having a wee loght hearted dig.

Enjoy the day folks and dont get overly defensive when(4) people laugh at your your choices.

Point 1. We get to the match

Point 2. Beer makes the world go around. It always has.

Point 3. It's your round

Point 4. Everyone likes a laugh

Get over it

Moan. Take a drink!

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A few will probably be having a few sociable drinks on Friday night . it will probably continue through the small hours and in to Saturday just in time for the football.

15 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I think the key point is match day and just because your driving a taxi or any other heavy machinery doesn't mean you have to question the enjoyment of those who aren't.

Win the Cup 

and drink responsibly or not at all if you drive a taxi

and always keep some spare cash in case you might need a taxi

3pm and 7.45pm kick offs. 

Fine if you really need to. 

For breakfast on a Saturday morning and desperate to find a Pub that allows children 

Oh dear 

1 minute ago, shull said:

For breakfast on a Saturday morning and desperate to find a Pub that allows children 

Oh dear 

Trains should run all night but they don't and late at night I often find myself desperate for a taxi. Does that make me a taxi-holic

Drink and Taxi's should both be free. 

Einstein Proved the speed of light is the only constant in the universe. Sky TV realised KO Time was not governed by Physics or the football authorities so they became God and the poor wee guy looking for a pint had to change his ways.

All things are relative. One drinks before the football because it is traditional. The fans did not choose the kick off time. The Alba GOD did.

Football worships the Alba God and we must follow his ways.

As the bible says "Suffer the little children"

Taxi Drivers, Tax Collectors and Morton fans were often crucified but never for supporting their local wine merchant

Now Feck off and leave me in peace to enjoy my Pint

Moan take a drink!

39 minutes ago, shull said:

Oh dear 

Sooper-Dooper Human Rankpuller!!

Edited by WeeBud

1 hour ago, shull said:

Oh dear 

There's absolutely no desperation from myself or any others to find a licenced premises that allows children so we can get tanked up. What a ludicrous accusation.

My preference would be to find somewhere our whole group - 9 adults, 1 child - Can go together to enjoy the pre-match build up with other fans. It will let the guys who arent responsible for looking after a kid have a pint or whatever they choose and relax before we head to the game.

If there isnt anywhere we can all go pre match then i have no issue in going elsewhere with the youngster and meeting up with the guys later, it's just a bit of a pain in the arse doing so. All we were looking for was a place that caters to everyone's preference and where we can all be under one roof prior to the game.

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Trains should run all night but they don't and late at night I often find myself desperate for a taxi. Does that make me a taxi-holic

Drink and Taxi's should both be free. 

Einstein Proved the speed of light is the only constant in the universe. Sky TV realised KO Time was not governed by Physics or the football authorities so they became God and the poor wee guy looking for a pint had to change his ways.

All things are relative. One drinks before the football because it is traditional. The fans did not choose the kick off time. The Alba GOD did.

Football worships the Alba God and we must follow his ways.

As the bible says "Suffer the little children"

Taxi Drivers, Tax Collectors and Morton fans were often crucified but never for supporting their local wine merchant

Now Feck off and leave me in peace to enjoy my Pint

Moan take a drink!

This is why I work during the day in order to avoid rambling boring drunks. 

6 minutes ago, shull said:

This is why I work during the day in order to avoid rambling boring drunks. 

Can't normally drink during the day. Too busy working. Don't do much drinking at night either usually driving in the morning but I do Like a pint on a Match day. 

Are you a reformed alcoholic, a Temperance society member or just a general kill joy

Keep death off the roads. Ban vehicles

19 minutes ago, shull said:

KILLJOY????  :lol:

Meaning no alcohol no fun.? :lol:

Sober up 

Naw it just means your a moaning faced Cnut!!

Sober or Drunk

You'll be out thunk

But you live like a monk

Might smell like a skunk

and don't forget to click Clunk

when you've no passengers in your black Cab wie nae trunk