Buses/Trains For Final

HSS

5 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

I've read this twice now, I'm still not sure if I should get the bus or train tomorrow.

Train for me, £7.20 return from Bishopton to  Airbles.(Electric bar) No road works. 

Edited by pod

Are there any other buses been added to let late comers in? Originally we needed to hand the grandkid on to his estranged dad so couldn't get the bus both ways but that's been sorted so we've got him all weekend. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, antrin said:

You obviously don't know your Gallovegian.  Photon goes way back...

A Photon is a particularly dense cowpat, laid on the lee side of a Brae.

the t shirt is a good idea.  Think I've seen it on xkcd.

Funnily enough Google doesnt know what Gallovegian means either.

Wouldnt surprise me if the tshirt already existed.

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Are there any other buses been added to let late comers in? Originally we needed to hand the grandkid on to his estranged dad so couldn't get the bus both ways but that's been sorted so we've got him all weekend. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

might be a couple of seats left on one of court bar buses, running 4 and last I heard some seats left

2 hours ago, car-d bud said:

might be a couple of seats left on one of court bar buses, running 4 and last I heard some seats left

Bit the bullet and bought train tickets. £15 for the three of us return. A wee bit of a pain as we would have loved the camaraderie generated on a bus run.

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Fortunately for you and the 7 billion other idiots living a life of comfort on the backs of the "boring" discoveries of science and engineering, just enough of us DO care to allow you the ability to watch TV, have a flush toilet, cook your dinner safely, drink fresh water, keep warm with clothing, have a tolerable life and type your banal shite on the internet using your phone. Let's be honest, no other f**ker has provided any of this.

We really need a "telt" smiley emoticon thingy. No point asking you to design one eh? :D

Master Oaky, head teacher and big brain of the forum.

I was preparing my Cup final garb. When I suddenly thought of Stephen Hawking who theorised about many things and his thoughts on whether or not there had been a big bang singularity led him to state That "Black holes ain't so Black". (A brief History of time (1988) Bantam press)

Do you think this was a truly outstanding scientific thought or do you think he was just being politically correct?

:withstupid

If black holes ain't just black

They must be Black and White (army)

COYS

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Galileo's Death

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Funnily enough Google doesnt know what Gallovegian means either.

BEING A US SKEWED SEARCH ENGINE THAT WOULDN'T SURPRISE IF YOU WERE CORRECT, BUT YOU'RE WRONG. IT OFFERS A QUOTE FROM A BLACKWOODS MAGAZINE, THAT USES IT.  THAT'S BLACKWOODS - OF EMBRA.

FEEL FREE TO GOOGLE EMBRA. :)

Wouldnt surprise me if the tshirt already existed.

I SAW A PERFECT xkcd CARTOON FOR YOU THIS AFTERNOON (ON ANOTHER M/C.  WILL TRY TO LOCATE IT AGAIN, SEND A LINK.)

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I found it. Made up stories and poems are not my thing though so I didn't read any of it.

Eh?  :huh:

the cartoons are of science, pure maths, computer coding, obscure ephemera....   I've never noticed a single poem...  Or a story...

i guess you're as good at 'finding' things as you are at using Google.

no wonder you think the BBC doesn't do Science at all seriously.  You've not looked. :o

Eta.

here's a random example. Not a made up story or poem, just a comment on the science behind things....   Sigh....

https://xkcd.com/560/

there's a glorious hoard of such things.

Heading to Paisley for the 09:53. First time on a train for more than a decade. What amazed me was the difference between single and return. How the F can it be cheaper to buy 3 returns than buying 3 one ways? Absolutely mental!! Then Weatherspoons for a pre match shandy and either bus or walk to the game. Post match dependant on eight year olds demeanour and/or result but drowned sorrows or celebratory swallay. Either way the temperance movement on this forum will be dismayed at my behavior