Glastonbury 2017

faraway saint

1 hour ago, Stoobs said:

In saying that, Little Mix could headline Glastonbury and Little Mixettes would flock to it, selling it out but it doesn't make it right. I always thought it was a rock concert. Soon we will have an X Factor segment in it. I think you are Simon Cowell in disguise Faraway Saint.

It was, nowadays it's changed.

I suppose I'm bad for moving with the times.

I'm away to hunt out my Dire Straits albums, can't beat a bit of nostalgia. :rolleyes:

Can I take this opportunity to recommend an album. "Somewhere Soon" by The High. Without doubt the best album I have heard from the Madchester scene. Big guitars, rousing melodies. Not one bad song on it. Must listen to it at least 2 or 3 times and you will thank me (if you like this sort of stuff). Thanks for listening.

50 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Can I take this opportunity to recommend an album. "Somewhere Soon" by The High. Without doubt the best album I have heard from the Madchester scene. Big guitars, rousing melodies. Not one bad song on it. Must listen to it at least 2 or 3 times and you will thank me (if you like this sort of stuff). Thanks for listening.

I'll download it, if it's shit no refund will be required. :rolleyes:

I'll download it, if it's shit no refund will be required. :rolleyes:

Genuinely think you will like it. Very Stone Rosesish but I think more melodic. Every song stands up on its own right. One of these albums, once listened to a few times and you get to know the songs, you cannot put it down. Never off my Sonos system.

23 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Genuinely think you will like it. Very Stone Rosesish but I think more melodic. Every song stands up on its own right. One of these albums, once listened to a few times and you get to know the songs, you cannot put it down. Never off my Sonos system.

The download site I use says "No find"............I'll try again later.

Cheers.

On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 5:12 PM, faraway saint said:

I suppose the organisers would argue that the fact it sells out every year, even before the acts are announced, would disagree that's not "decent".

The fact that it sells out before the line up is announced tells you that people go for the event and not for the Artists.It's a bonus if you get a decent line up.

20 minutes ago, HSS said:

The fact that it sells out before the line up is announced tells you that people go for the event and not for the Artists.It's a bonus if you get a decent line up.

And only keep doing so because the line up is seen as decent, surely? :blink:

"not for the artists" :lol:

Well that would show a slow but sure decline in numbers, unless the people who go are stupid.

Edited by faraway saint

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well that would show a slow but sure decline in numbers, unless the people who go are stupid.

Have you ever been to a music festival?

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Radiohead headlined last night.

Not my cup of vodka but plenty seemed to enjoy them.

Katie Perry & Foo Fighters tonight, amongst others.

My daughter got the missus and me tickets for the Friday of the TRNSMT Festival in Glasgow, with Radiohead headlining (her birthday, and faithers day for me - both fell on the same day, poor lassie).

No idea what to expect, as haven't really listened to Radiohead's stuff since In Rainbows. The rest of the line up is pretty decent, right enough, so looking forward to it.

Edited by Drew

Guest TPAFKATS
My daughter got the missus and me tickets for the Friday of the TRNSMT Festival in Glasgow, with Radiohead headlining (her birthday, and faithers day for me - both fell on the same day, poor lassie).
No idea what to expect, as haven't really listened to Radiohead's stuff since In Rainbows. The rest of the line up is pretty decent, right enough, so looking forward to it.

I read that post that you had been in Rainbows, the pre Brownies group.

Radiohead were so bad last night I turned over to Dizzy Rascal. Turned back for the finale of their show which was a bit better.

Bring on the Foos!

On 3/21/2017 at 1:17 PM, faraway saint said:

Glastonbury is an event with plenty mental things going on around the site. Stages that have all types of music to be found. Having been to a good few festival's rarely have the headline act done it for me more often than not it's the smaller stages and marques where the gems can be found. 

On 17/03/2017 at 10:28 AM, faraway saint said:

Ed Sheeran, that guy who seems to be quite popular, to headline Glastonbury this year.

Good choice by the organisers. :clapping

Was fantastic at The Hydro earlier in the year, one of my favourite gigs of the year. 

On 21/03/2017 at 0:58 PM, HSS said:

Exactly. 

Beyonce who's not exactly festival material according to most headlined a few festivals in recent years. 

3 hours ago, davidg said:

Was fantastic at The Hydro earlier in the year, one of my favourite gigs of the year. 

Ed Sheeran absolutely does my head in,I just can't go him.That f'kin Galway Girl is the worst song I've ever heard.Totally does my head in.

Saying that.......it would be a boring old world of we all liked the same thing.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Ed Sheeran absolutely does my head in,I just can't go him.That f'kin Galway Girl is the worst song I've ever heard.Totally does my head in.

Saying that.......it would be a boring old world of we all liked the same thing.

I know.. It would do your head in!  :P

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Agreed, hate that's song. Pile of wanky pish.........

zxxxx.............................