Scotland Football Club

shull

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

And if that were a national anthem of Scotland I'm certain it would goad a reaction from our southern brethren, but it's not, so your point is invalid.

Er…

I made no point.

Merely noted an ironic historical reality.

19 hours ago, W6er said:

I love them! Also there's something magical about a rousing rendition of Flower of Scotland before the game. I also like to hear other nations' anthems. :)  

Aye, with The Flower of Scotland blasting out, the Scottish support in full voice is something special.

As for other national anthems, I don't give a flying so I wouldn't boo or join in. 

On 3/27/2024 at 6:37 AM, faraway saint said:

Hard to find any positives after last night.

Reading numerous reports, all saying the same thing that, for some reason, the wheels have come off the Tartan Army bus.

We've two games before we kick off the tournament against Germany on Friday 14th June.

Gibraltar :rolleyes: away on the 3rd June and Finland at Hampden on Friday the 7th June.

Clarke, who has overall been rightly praised, has to do something to shake the squad up.

That's his job.

As for the players, it's a mystery how "off the boil" they were last night and need to have a long look at themselves this morning. 

Here's a positive from a ex pro. when you've played the game you know you know 😊

Screenshot_20240330-110925_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Here's a positive from a ex pro. when you've played the game you know you know 😊

Screenshot_20240330-110925_Samsung Internet.jpg

Prior to the NI game on Radio Scotland Thommo was proclaiming that McGregor is the best midfielder that Steve Clarke has right now. 

Better than all our other midfielders who play in one of the most competitive leagues in the world? 

I personally don’t agree. 

It’s all about opinions I guess. 

8 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Prior to the NI game on Radio Scotland Thommo was proclaiming that McGregor is the best midfielder that Steve Clarke has right now. 

Better than all our other midfielders who play in one of the most competitive leagues in the world? 

Indeed. 

There's been plenty young players who have potential, not many become legends.

Easy to throw opinions around, pundits, and the general public, will say anything to attract attention. 😉

14 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Great player who's at his peak,

Billy Gilmore is 8 years younger can see him becoming Scotland's most capped player 

• 3 weeks later...