Scotland Football Club

shull

Point is he wasn't culpable for either of the 2 goals tonight. I agree he's not top class,  always has an error in his locker but we don't have any better. 

We don’t have any better in most positions in that “national team”. We are technically redundant and have only a few only who are natural footballers.
Most of the top teams look quite good at the level we play at, we look wooden by comparison. We lack at least half a dozen top players. With respect, who the f**k is Philips

I almost feel sorry for Strachan, almost mind.

Just now, Seaside Nipper said:

We don’t have any better in most positions in that “national team”. We are technically redundant and have only a few only who are natural footballers.
Most of the top teams look quite good at the level we play at, we look wooden by comparison. We lack at least half a dozen top players. With respect, who the f**k is Philips

Indeed, the glory days are long gone when we had players playing for the top teams in England.

No matter who is our manager 2nd place is almost always going to be the best we can hope for in these qualifying games. 

6 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Don't quite agree, I think we have decent players and as stated above, McGinn, Forest and McGregor would have added more than some of Strachan's choices. All in all I think Wee Gord  got us punching at just around our level (slightly below  IMHO). In reality two Griffiths free kicks were all we really produced of note in the campaign. 

Strachan  has got of with his team selection in the past. 

Edited by insaintee

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, the glory days are long gone when we had players playing for the top teams in England.

No matter who is our manager 2nd place is almost always going to be the best we can hope for in these qualifying games. 

But we didnae get second place :byebye

Don't quite agree, I think we have decent players and as stated above, McGinn, Forest and McGregor would have added more than some of Strachan's choices. All in all I think Wee Gord  got us punching at just around our level (slightly  IMHO). In reality two Griffiths free kicks were all we really produced of note in the campaign. 

“In reality two Griffiths free kicks were all we really produced of note in the campaign”............

My point exactly , we did nowt else in a campaign that was basically a league littered with averageness, nowhere near top level teams.

“In reality two Griffiths free kicks were all we really produced of note in the campaign”............

My point exactly , we did nowt else in a campaign that was basically a league littered with averageness, nowhere near top level teams.

Not that I’m an expert on other leagues, but on the basis of your post (A league littered with Averageness)

Iceland and Northern Ireland have qualified, Wales or Republic of Ireland will Qualify, none of which have leagues any better than the SPL. It could be argued that Scotland had a more difficult group than some of the other teams that have either qualified or are in with a chance (Denmark and Croatia)

You could also argue that if Craig Gordon had been on his game at Hampden against England, then we could have had three points in that game.

The bottom line is, we didn’t qualify and I still believe that Strachan is the best man for the job.

But those are just my opinions.

Just now, oscar said:

Lots of people saying Strachan to go, Strachan out, Strachan will resign....... but who is better to take over??

There's not many options

Strachan to stay!!

He's too loyal to mediocre English based players, and is a stubborn wee bugger.

Far too slow to make changes today.

Point is we all want a successful Scotland. Will Strachan give us that with the team he has been building? I think he will.

I don't think Moyes will give us any excitement. Maybe Lambert?? Dunno. Would prefer Strachan to stay.

Just my opinion

12 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

loads of managers out there,  can the SFA get the right one in ? ?  6yr ago we had 7 scots managing in the English top league,  how about Tommy Wright from St Johnstone  Davy  Moyes,  Alex Neil, Paul Lambert,   we were awful tonight its time for a change 

Not very fair to just use tonight, which was disappointing, first half we were, IMO, in control, 2nd half they got on top and we were under pressure.

Don't forget they haven't lost a game at home in the campaign. 

We missed a good chance, Fletcher blazing the ball over, before we equalised.

I've mentioned previously, 2 draws at home cost us, not tonight.

Not that I’m an expert on other leagues, but on the basis of your post (A league littered with Averageness)

Iceland and Northern Ireland have qualified, Wales or Republic of Ireland will Qualify, none of which have leagues any better than the SPL. It could be argued that Scotland had a more difficult group than some of the other teams that have either qualified or are in with a chance (Denmark and Croatia)

You could also argue that if Craig Gordon had been on his game at Hampden against England, then we could have had three points in that game.

The bottom line is, we didn’t qualify and I still believe that Strachan is the best man for the job.

But those are just my opinions.

Erm, our qualifying league , not our domestic league bud. We failed the campaign in a league of average teams, hardly top Euro class rated teams. SPL never mentioned.