Scotland Football Club

shull

Oh FFS, take a chill pill and look at what was achieved over the 90 minutes today.

Losing 0-1 with 4 minutes remaining who wouldn't have taken a draw ??

Laugh or cry ?

Blaming Craig Gordon / Stuart Armstrong / Scott Brown seems to me like anti-Celtic bias bubbling to the surface. We should be praising a gutsy performance by Scotland's players rather than firing bullets at scapegoats.

Surely Joe Hart was the real cock out there. Two howlers !!

I've never liked Leigh Griffiths but what he did for Scotland tonight was above and beyond my expectations. You have to applaud those two strikes. Well played Griffiths.

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Oh FFS, take a chill pill and look at what was achieved over the 90 minutes today.

Losing 0-1 with 4 minutes remaining who wouldn't have taken a draw ??

Laugh or cry ?

Blaming Craig Gordon / Stuart Armstrong / Scott Brown seems to me like anti-Celtic bias bubbling to the surface. We should be praising a gutsy performance by Scotland's players rather than firing bullets at scapegoats.

Surely Joe Hart was the real cock out there. Two howlers !!

I've never liked Leigh Griffiths but what he did for Scotland tonight was above and beyond my expectations. You have to applaud those two strikes. Well played Griffiths.

Overall I agree but Armstrong's decision was very poor. Option A boot the ball into their half, option B, same as option A. Ach well.

It's not anti-Celtic bias to say Gordon should have done better for the two goals, or that Armstrong f*cked up a promising break to cause the second. It's simply stating the obvious.  Griffiths played well and scored two beauties - how does that stack up against your ludicrous claim?

OK. I was wrong. I relented and watched it and I have admit to being wrong. Two fantastic free kicks by Griffiths. I said during the game that Griffiths looked the most likely but, not like that! I agree Armstrong sold the jerseys at the end but it was never an England free kick that set it up. All Armstrong had to do was either lift it over the English  defender to set Griffiths in on them or an easier pass to the left.

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

It's not anti-Celtic bias to say Gordon should have done better for the two goals, or that Armstrong f*cked up a promising break to cause the second. It's simply stating the obvious.  Griffiths played well and scored two beauties - how does that stack up against your ludicrous claim?

Simple really. Joe Hart f**ked up big time twice, that was the basic reason that we even managed a draw. He was our star man. The 3 Celtic players who are being hung, drawn and quartered on this thread actually played really well and are (IMO) being victimised for their single errors. But hey, why criticise the England goalie when you can fire missiles at Celtic players ??

Sometimes bias bubbles to the surface without the perpetrator realising they are guilty of it.

:P

9 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

The wording against Armstrong from the forum parrot was unnecessary but, that apart, I don't believe Gordon was particularly at fault, even after watching both England goals again. All about opinions, just the level of criticism is over the top.

Just back in from the game - what an experience!

The wee man was gutted when the score went 0-1 - I was a bit more accepting. A few more years of supporting Saints and Scotland will get him toughened up in that regard! 

To be fair - he wasn't too fussed about the equaliser whereas I was completely floored. :D

A shame that we couldn't hold on but I believe we still have an outside chance of 2nd place now.

17 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

Brilliant end to the game. Just a pity we couldn't hold on.

The reason we didn't hold on was because Armstrong sold the jerseys. Scott Brown can be faulted for steaming into a yellow card challenge. Craig Gordon can be faulted. Morrison can be faulted for trying to limp his way through the first half. Harry Kane can be faulted for blazing over. Berra can be faulted for humping it forward. Joe Hart can be faulted... yes. However, 2-1 up. Glorious victory beckons that will rival Wembley '67. Two wonderful free kicks from being 1-0 down.... a three man Scotland break is on with a man in acres of space to his left... Armstrong tries a cheeky flicked pass that is weak as a baby's first shite?

I'll take forum criticism for this all day long and twice on Sundays, Armstrong can fcuk right off. Sand-dancing cnut.

On supporters bus heading back to Fife. That was gutting. A large amount of bevvy consumed, so I'm not a good judge. Was in the East stand behind the Scotland goal and looked to me that Gordon should've claimed it for their second. Absolutely gutted. We had them and blew it. Typical Scotland.

The reason we didn't hold on was because Armstrong sold the jerseys. Scott Brown can be faulted for steaming into a yellow card challenge. Craig Gordon can be faulted. Morrison can be faulted for trying to limp his way through the first half. Harry Kane can be faulted for blazing over. Berra can be faulted for humping it forward. Joe Hart can be faulted... yes. However, 2-1 up. Glorious victory beckons that will rival Wembley '67. Two wonderful free kicks from being 1-0 down.... a three man Scotland break is on with a man in acres of space to his left... Armstrong tries a cheeky flicked pass that is weak as a baby's first shite?
I'll take forum criticism for this all day long and twice on Sundays, Armstrong can fcuk right off. Sand-dancing cnut.

I feel your pain on this one

48 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Simple really. Joe Hart f**ked up big time twice, that was the basic reason that we even managed a draw. He was our star man. The 3 Celtic players who are being hung, drawn and quartered on this thread actually played really well and are (IMO) being victimised for their single errors. But hey, why criticise the England goalie when you can fire missiles at Celtic players ??

Sometimes bias bubbles to the surface without the perpetrator realising they are guilty of it.

Yes, Joe Hart did f**k up, but no more than Gordon.  I thought Armstrong was poor even before that mess up.  Brown was lucky to stay on the park.  Wee Tierney had a very good game, and Griffiths goals were superb.  As for the non-Celtic contingent, Anya was poor, and Robertson started well but tailed off. But maybe I'm biased against their teams as well.

Its the worst performance I've seen from Craig Gordon. I think he's a top keeper but today he was alll over the place. Indecisive and flapping at everything. First goal at total mess and second goal rooted to his line (his biggest failing as a keeper). 45-50 yard ball into the box, a foot inside the six yard box is a keepers ball every day of the week, month, year however long you want to make it.

Can't believe Hart is getting blamed for the free kicks. Two world class free kicks that no keeper would have saved.

We were better side in second half and a point is well desrved, 3 would have been too.

Gutted to say the least.

Edited by lenziebud

We sure know how not to win.

They were there for the taking today , we took them and then brought them back.

What is it with Gordon, he looks half daft and ponderous most of the time.

How frustrated must Strachan feel, his game plan was great.

For three mins or so it was truly feckin amazing Hamden scenes and euphoria, then..............

the usual ending [emoji23]

59 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Explain to me how Joe Hart f**cked up. They were two world class free kicks from the Griffiths. his positioning was fine the free kick were total class.

Griffiths is total class in those situations, can put the ball anywhere.

As for Gordon well ................................

You don't seriously think Gordon played well ?

Edited by lenziebud

9 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Explain to me how Joe Hart f**cked up.

Seriously ?

Neither strike was particularly close to the frame of the goal. Hart set up the defensive wall both times and failed to cover the areas that were his responsibility. Awful goalkeeping for a supposedly world class goalkeeper.

I accept that incidents in a match can be matters of opinion but, if you think Hart is exempt for blame, your opinion is just wrong.

:D

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Seriously ?

Neither strike was particularly close to the frame of the goal. Hart set up the defensive wall both times and failed to cover the areas that were his responsibility. Awful goalkeeping for a supposedly world class goalkeeper.

I accept that incidents in a match can be matters of opinion but, if you think Hart is exempt for blame, your opinion is just wrong.

:D

Yeah and Craig Gordon played well too !

Edited by lenziebud

Fwiw Hart does have a weakness to his left hand side, that was talked about pre match today. He is an overrated goalkeeper, there are always mistakes in his game looking back over his big matches, that was also talked of pre match.

Hart was binned by Man City, tells u all.

That said about Hart, Griffiths two free kicks were excellent and completely surprised an off form and complacent England.

The galling thing is that Gordon was terrible for the second goal, absolutely not concentrating, it was bad.

He is ponderous and very odd at times. His reaction in the first half when he fluked a saved shot with a very odd punch over the bar was very bizarre. That was the warning , he was not at it today , simple.

After we got ourselves in front we probably should have won today and seen the last four mins out ffs, that's the shame.

17 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Yeah and Craig Gordon played well too !

So you ask me to justify my opinion on Joe Hart's inept performance and I give you my evidence.

Why throw Craig Gordon at me as a argument against my opinion about Joe Hart ?? Relevance ?

No, on second thoughts, please don't bother to respond.

:blink: