Scotland Football Club

shull

Guest TPAFKATS

Strachan is a stubborn wee shite who sticks by out of form players like morrison, Steven fletcher and recently McArthur. His tactics are too negative but he cones out after blowing another qualifying campaign and blames it all on genetics FFS.

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not very fair to just use tonight, which was disappointing, first half we were, IMO, in control, 2nd half they got on top and we were under pressure.

Don't forget they haven't lost a game at home in the campaign. 

We missed a good chance, Fletcher blazing the ball over, before we equalised.

I've mentioned previously, 2 draws at home cost us, not tonight.

Its not based on tonight faraway, its over the last 2 campaigns,  the results and performances overall have been poor,   we have the players to do much better, he`s playing players that haven`t  played for there clubs this season, and leaving  players  like McGinn and McGregor warming the bench, he`s a stubborn wee man and would never have been my choice in the first place, now he`s blaming it on genetics,  

The vultures have been circling for some time for Strachan.

We lost 2 games from 10, draws were, ultimately, our downfall, not the 2 defeats as we were pumped in those 2 games.

It's very easy to criticise as it's all subjective, no way to prove any other players would have done any better. 

The nonsense posted on here before Thursdays game proves that IMO.

At the end of the day it wasn't enough.

We, as St Mirren supporters, have been preaching about continuity, yet are quick to pull the trigger on Strachan.

The last campaign was, again, a whisker away from qualification.

Should we expect more.............................maybe.

Edited by faraway saint

6 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Its not based on tonight faraway, its over the last 2 campaigns,  the results and performances overall have been poor,   we have the players to do much better, he`s playing players that haven`t  played for there clubs this season, and leaving  players  like McGinn and McGregor warming the bench, he`s a stubborn wee man and would never have been my choice in the first place, now he`s blaming it on genetics,  

There's your flaw right there.

No need to discuss further, difference of opinion, no argument, as some seem to jump on, and we can leave it at that bud. 

Erm, our qualifying league , not our domestic league bud. We failed the campaign in a league of average teams, hardly top Euro class rated teams. SPL never mentioned.

Apologies chap. I thought you were referring to the standard of player and the standard of the Scottish game in general, due to the fact that the World Cup qualifiers were split into Groups........ not leagues.

When Strachan goes & I think that will be next week, he goes with his head held high.

I think he has done an overall good job & gave us back some pride while making us difficult to beat & giving us a team that fights to the final whistle.

My message to him would simply, thank you for restoring pride in our national team.

Cheers wee man [emoji4]

Lee Brady shared a link to the group: Tartan Army McTartanface.
20 mins · 

Wtf?! Why can't he just accept the blame?

We have plenty of big physical players (and their height):
Craig Gordon(6'4), David Marshal(6'3), Jordan Archer(6'3)

Russell Martin(6'1), Callum Paterson(6'), Grant Hanley(6'3), Christophe Berra(6'3), Liam Lindsay(6'3), Murray Wallace(6'2), Charlie Mulgrew(6'3), Andy Considine(6'4), Craig Forsyth(6'2), Lee Wallace(6'1)

Oliver Burke(6'2), Kevin McDonald(6'1), Charlie Adam(6'1), Matt Phillips(6'1) George Boyd(6'1), Stuart Armstrong(6'), Darren Fletcher(6'), Kenny McLean(6'), Robert Snodgrass(6'),

Chris Martin(6'1), Steven Fletcher(6'1), Jordan Rhodes(6'1) Gary McGrotty (2'2)

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, shull said:
Lee Brady shared a link to the group: Tartan Army McTartanface.
20 mins · 

Wtf?! Why can't he just accept the blame?

We have plenty of big physical players (and their height):
Craig Gordon(6'4), David Marshal(6'3), Jordan Archer(6'3)

Russell Martin(6'1), Callum Paterson(6'), Grant Hanley(6'3), Christophe Berra(6'3), Liam Lindsay(6'3), Murray Wallace(6'2), Charlie Mulgrew(6'3), Andy Considine(6'4), Craig Forsyth(6'2), Lee Wallace(6'1)

Oliver Burke(6'2), Kevin McDonald(6'1), Charlie Adam(6'1), Matt Phillips(6'1) George Boyd(6'1), Stuart Armstrong(6'), Darren Fletcher(6'), Kenny McLean(6'), Robert Snodgrass(6'),

Chris Martin(6'1), Steven Fletcher(6'1), Jordan Rhodes(6'1) Gary McGrotty (2'2)

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I quite like Strachan but no way anyone is telling me Phillips, Bannan and McArthur are better players than Forrest, McGregor, Mcginn, Snodgrass and Morrison any of they 5 would have been a better pick. Matt Phillips especially is a terrible player a so called winger who doesn't even TRY to beat a man i wouldn't even have him in the squad never mind the team.

Guest TPAFKATS
We lost 2 games from 10, draws were, ultimately, our downfall, not the 2 defeats as we were pumped in those 2 games.
It's very easy to criticise as it's all subjective, no way to prove any other players would have done any better. 
We, as St Mirren supporters, have been preaching about continuity, yet are quick to pull the trigger on Strachan.

2 campaigns is enough continuity imo

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It's the success of other small nations like Northern Ireland,Iceland and the team in our own group which is Strachan's downfall

On tonight our engine room was running on empty and he didn't change things when he had pace on the bench

I think there's players in his squad who would have done better job than the ones started in midfield tonight

He started 2 up front but had a slow ponderous midfield behind them

I hope the SFA have a replacement or least looking at one because i think he will walk this time

3 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

I agree, he’ll be imo fed up and looking ahead thinking just how do I improve this national team.
Time for new direction, young players, not “trusted ones”.

Nope, he'll be looking at his pay packet and thinking. Yeah another few years of this would be ok

11 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

It's the success of other small nations like Northern Ireland,Iceland and the team in our own group which is Strachan's downfall

On tonight our engine room was running on empty and he didn't change things when he had pace on the bench

I think there's players in his squad who would have done better job than the ones started in midfield tonight

I hope the SFA have a replacement or least looking at one because i think he will walk this time

Slovakia are ranked 19th in the world, we are 43rd.

Pretty much the same midfield who played on Thursday? 

Scotland have gone seven games without defeat for the first time since April 1997

I think the question about who would replace him is interesting, these days club football is much more of an appeal to most managers.

Ultimately is was our poor start, and Strachan has to take the responsibility for that, irrespective of availability of players, not last night that cost us qualification.

I blame England. 

Edited by faraway saint

Broadly agree, he did well almost after it was too late, stable door and aw that !!

But now he’s spouting this genetic inferiority pish, ffs, seriously ?? You better tell Spain that then , in recent years at tournaments they were the smallest of the small but seem to win stuff [emoji12]

It’s technical and natural ability that we lack, not height, erm, wee man !!

I would like to hear an explanation from Messrs Regan and Doncaster of why Scotland has yet again failed to qualify under their stewardship. Never mind about Strachan, when are those two going to be held to account ?

Incidentally, whilst taking no pleasure from the national teams latest failure -  and I admit to having not seen one minute of the action -  the signs were all there a long time ago that smarty pants Strachan has lost his marbles. his post match radio comments confirm this.

Guest TPAFKATS

Having taken a wee while to reflect further on WGS after match comments about our genetic failings I have concluded that he's "doing a Boris" and trying to get sacked

Spoke to a very experienced goalie this morning, some would say an expert, and while he can see why people "blame" Craig Gordon for the first goal he explained that people forget the delivery/pace of a cross, they only see the player connecting with the ball and that the goalie hasn't come to collect it. 

In this case the pace on the ball made it a ball for the attacking team, and also the goalie had no time to react to the header.

He pointed out the foul in the first places was needless from an experienced Scottish midfielder.

As for the 2nd goal, he just laughed at any suggestion Gordon was to blame.

We did discuss the 2nd England goal against Scotland back in June.

Again, in his experienced opinion, the cross was delivered with pace and at such an angle it was unlikely Gordon could have gotten to it. The "blame" that day, if people like to play the blame game, was firmly at the Scotland midfielder who fcuked up in needlessly giving the ball away, usually forgotten.7

Some goals are what they are, well taken goals.

A cross with great pace would give a goalkeeper a chance to divert it a huge distance with a punch.

And I am no expert. 

And neither is Craig Gordon who makes Samson look like a ginger Yashin.