Scotland Football Club

shull

Overall, not the worst performance at all from Scotland.

It’s a friendly so not fussed about winning or losing these games normally , but in this instance it’s a shame to lose first game of 2017.

Strachan as manager won 7 friendlies 1-0.

Many got their wish with him oot the door and the team lose their next match, funny old game.

Totally messed up the shirt  with the number on the front...a perfectly perfect near classic top and they screw it up ???? WHYYYYYYY

As far as the game goes well it was a nothing game between two non world cup qualifying teams with a number of non first choice selections

But we did successfully lose our unbeaten run for 2017 At least wee Gordie cant get the blame for this one....

Am I sounding bitter a twisted aye maybe<_<

• 1 month later...
Michael O'Neil knocks back Scotland job.
Shambles.
<_>

Not surprising in the slightest.

O’neill has earned himself a brilliant contract and set up with the Irish FA. Why would he leave it for Scotland, subject himself and his family to the slabberings of the press here, their lurid assertions on his alleged drinking, their moronic reactions to team selections, the know it all muppetry referred to as punditry. The guy would have been hounded relentlessly.

O’neill has played a blinder here, all the more amazing when really, is he the oracle, is he the next great one, after all the media love in, is this guy such a great manager ???

He’s certainly pr and contract savvy, I’ll give him that.

So Souness, King Kenny, , big Joe ???

[emoji42]

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Why is it a shambles?

For what it's worth I'm glad.

Watching NIreland in the last 3 or 4 games in the qualifying was dire.

No attempts at any football, hump it and run.

Who's next in the frame? 

I agree that we should be thanking him for not taking the job. His idea of football is eye-bleedingly bad.

The problem arises from the fact the imbeciles at the SFA had made it open book that he was the "one that they want". 

Now. No matter who they go for they'll need to pay extra to make up for the fact they were never in the frame to start with.

8 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I agree that we should be thanking him for not taking the job. His idea of football is eye-bleedingly bad.

The problem arises from the fact the imbeciles at the SFA had made it open book that he was the "one that they want". 

Now. No matter who they go for they'll need to pay extra to make up for the fact they were never in the frame to start with.

Really? 

We don't need a permanent Manager.

Domestic fixtures are cancelled during International breaks.

For example, let Alex Neil and his assistant remain employed by Preston but both could manage Scootland during these International breaks.

And during the Season we could have umpteen " Scouts " keeping an eye on Scottish players in form.

Don't see a problem and could work.