Scotland Football Club

shull

Well, TBH, we're back in with a shout.

There's lots of permutations but the main thing is to win the next game.

I'm not sure we will, Slovakia are a pretty decent team and, despite recent results, we're not that great.

Maybe the atmosphere will carry us through, football is always capable of a surprise.

Still, we've turned things around and we have a chance, after the poor start we had suppose that's all we can ask.

Edited by faraway saint

Scotland all over will be to win the last 2 games , finish 2nd in the group and end up as the worst runner-up.

Yup what ever way possible of building up our hopes and dashing them.

However on the flip side it reminds me a bit of how I felt watching saints last season when we would win but Ayr and Dumbarton would also win and that ended well so we just never know.

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Scotland all over will be to win the last 2 games , finish 2nd in the group and end up as the worst runner-up.

It is just about impossible for that to happen. It would take a totally bizarre set of results. I'm not sure it's even possible. 20 points will not be the worst second placed team.

That will not be our problem. I think we'll fail to beat Slovakia (probably draw) and then when the pressure is off and we can't qualify, we'll go away and get a convincing win in Slovenia. 

Yep - job done.

If we win our last two games then we are second.

In terms of avoiding the bottom spot in the 2nd Place League - I see one decent option: -

If Bosnia (at home) fail to beat Belgium then they will finish below us - likewise if Greece catch them for 2nd we will be higher than them also

Also the Republic \ Wales group has a chance of helping us if those two cut each others throats.

Other than that the other 2nd placers look pretty strong.

Come on Belgium!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye. Think this will be only the second time in my life I've wanted England to win a football match. The last being their game against Holland at Euro 96.

And the hopeless feckers couldn't get that right. Hopefully they do a better job tonight.

But they did win v Holland. The problem was they let the Dutch score. Conspiracy theorists had a field day with that one. Personally I'm not paranoid. I KNOW they did it deliberately.

14 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

But they did win v Holland. The problem was they let the Dutch score. Conspiracy theorists had a field day with that one. Personally I'm not paranoid. I KNOW they did it deliberately.

aye but we had nobody to blame but ourselves. We absolutely panelled Switzerland that night but somehow contrived to only win 1-0. One more goal and we'd have qualified.

That said, if we'd scored a second, Seaman would only have let another one through his legs. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...