St Mirren v Ayr United Championship 1/4/17

shull

I also agree with Shull,  In agreementwith Shull I am indeed,

To further enhance the Shullsters bold statement I shall add the following

Corners
Saint Mirren professional football club 57 Ayr Unitred 1

Posession
Saint Mirren professional football club 66% Ayr Unitred 30% (the remaining 4% is where the referee either has the baw or its out of play)

Shots on target
Saint Mirren professional football club 37 Ayr United 1

Shots off target

Pies sold

The Mirren end 3927

The Ayr Utd end 63

Man of the match

Stephen McGinn

Most passes completed

Stephen McGinn

Amount of saves made

Billy O'Brien 0 Whoever plays in goal for Ayr Urd 112

That is all

Errrrrrr...

If we have 37 shots on target and 37 shots off target (sounds like our warm up routine), how can their keeper have made 112 saves?

5 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Errrrrrr...

If we have 37 shots on target and 37 shots off target (sounds like our warm up routine), how can their keeper have made 112 saves?

Two reasons

1) I did not put any thought into my post whatsoever

2)  With such relentless pressure from the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad the baw will ricochet about quite a bit and whoever the Ayr United keeper is, well he will have to make all those saves....112 to be exact

Edited by TediousTom

39 minutes ago, shull said:

Give the Away fans a corner of the North Stand and fill the rest of the North Stand with Buddies and also the rest of the Stadium.

In agreement with shull here that's why we have an away stand. Its for away supporters not just give them a corner of home stand and we will put some fans in away stand 

What hasn't? [emoji54]

Ah I see posting tweets doesn't work if you're using the app!

Our chief executive says away fans will continue to be put in the West Bank so that home fans can go behind the goal, which gives the team a boost. Apparently. He claims this is true but I think it might be a Trump style alternative fact.

About 10 people have replied and all have disagreed. Personally I'm with them, better to have fans all bunched together making noise rather than spread out across for stands.

Found it, also noted the first reply supported him. Tut tut with the fake news [emoji14]

Genuinely can't see any replies to any of his tweets supporting the view but will take your word for it. Safe to say they are in the minority!

12 hours ago, Stu said:

Fair to say this has not gone down well on Twitter...

He said the players like to shoot at the goal their fans are behind is a fact, really. Tell that to the Hibs and Dundee Utd fans :lol:  We couldn't beat the Pars with our fans behind the goals and QOTS fails to beat us with our fans at the side of the pitch. If he want I will change my seat to his for the Ayr game and he can wait behind dozens of saints fans wanting a piss at h/t. As this is a big game for Ayr as well as us, is it not possible that they might bring more than 800 which is what the end of the west stand hold ?

I have a ST in the main stand so it doesn't really affect me but I've never really understood putting the away fans in the West stand, does it really save much money not opening the away stand compared to putting the segregation in place and having extra stewards next to the away fans etc.

Get the away fans in the away end and fill the corner of the west stand with free tickets for kids if necessary.

Edited by irvine_buddie

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, southsidebud said:

Got a prior engagement which cannot be swerved before this of all games emoji20.png. Silly question but is there any rule about late arrival? Is there any time after which you are not allowed to enter the ground? We might be 20 to 30 mins late.

You're doing better than me, I have a kids birthday party that doesn't end till 4 in Linwood, so I'll be lucky to get there for the last half an hour.

I think we should campaign to get Alba to show it and move kick off to 5.15.

9 hours ago, Hendo said:

You're doing better than me, I have a kids birthday party that doesn't end till 4 in Linwood, so I'll be lucky to get there for the last half an hour.

I think we should campaign to get Alba to show it and move kick off to 5.15.

Yes - sign me up! I guess we will be in the minority though...

I actually thought there was a good chance that this would happen due to the significance of the match. As it hasn't I can only assume that Alba have already assigned all their fixture allocation. :( 

28 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Yes - sign me up! I guess we will be in the minority though...

I actually thought there was a good chance that this would happen due to the significance of the match. As it hasn't I can only assume that Alba have already assigned all their fixture allocation. :( 

While we all know how significant this game is, but, TBH, it's just another, in a long line, of "cup finals" for us.

They're will be others, even more important as the league get's to the last few games.

Maybe then they, Alba, will have the option, like SKY, to choose games that will decide relegation at that time.

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While we all know how significant this game is, but, TBH, it's just another, in a long line, of "cup finals" for us.

They're will be others, even more important as the league get's to the last few games.

Maybe then they, Alba, will have the option, like SKY, to choose games that will decide relegation at that time.

Yep agreed - totally sensible and reasonable position for them to take.

It just doesn't match with immediate selfish agenda :D

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe games on BBC ALBA suits you but every club in this league lose money every time they show games. Unlike SKY and BT who pay decent money, ALBA are a curse to clubs like us with the pennies that they pay.

Just now, renfrew said:

Maybe games on BBC ALBA suits you but every club in this league lose money every time they show games. Unlike SKY and BT who pay decent money, ALBA are a curse to clubs like us with the pennies that they pay.

Where did I say it suited me? :blink:

Also, IF EVERY club loses money (proof please) why don't they do something about it?

Dear oh dear. :byebye

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Where did I say it suited me? :blink:

Also, IF EVERY club loses money (proof please) why don't they do something about it?

Dear oh dear. :byebye

I never said that YOU said it suited you. I just said it will suit fans like you who can't or don't want to go to games. As for why do the clubs do something about it, I assume it is tied in with the rest of the contract the BBC have with Scottish football. The home club get 5K per game but can lose at least 1000 on the gate. Hospitality also take a hit as well with the crap k/o time.

I also agree with Shull,  In agreementwith Shull I am indeed,

To further enhance the Shullsters bold statement I shall add the following

Corners
Saint Mirren professional football club 57 Ayr Unitred 1

Posession
Saint Mirren professional football club 66% Ayr Unitred 30% (the remaining 4% is where the referee either has the baw or its out of play)

Shots on target

Shots off target

Pies sold

The Mirren end 3927

The Ayr Utd end 63

Man of the match

Stephen McGinn

Most passes completed

Stephen McGinn

Amount of saves made

Billy O'Brien 0 Whoever plays in goal for Ayr Urd 112

That is all

Erm.....shots on target v saves made by keepers mean Ayr will win 1 nil Tom.

[emoji54]