St Mirren v Ayr United Championship 1/4/17

shull

They must have done so as it states, "In keeping with the standards of dress maintained by the Saint Mirren football club, male guests are requested to wear a jacket and tie". Now. It says request but what happens if I turn up without? Will I be refused entry? I think I'll do just that and, if refused, request that the person who gave me the tickets get a full refund. Sorted.

There will be no grounds to give you a refund if the rules you have read says wear a tie.

However anytime I've been it's said wear a tie but there have been people there not wearing a tie. I guess it's to make sure people realise they are to be smartly dressed and not turn up in their three striper trackie.

I like wearing my st mirren tie reminds me of a great day.

On 26 March 2017 at 1:27 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Exciting times :) we will win on Saturday in a hard fought battle where I expect Ayr will play every dirty trick in the book to try and stop us. 

Indeed, Ayr will most likely try and kick us off the park on Saturday when all else fails for them . .

. .they have been doing rather well lately but that will change dramatically when they come up against the Super Saints. .

10 minutes ago, Hambud said:

There will be no grounds to give you a refund if the rules you have read says wear a tie.

However anytime I've been it's said wear a tie but there have been people there not wearing a tie. I guess it's to make sure people realise they are to be smartly dressed and not turn up in their three striper trackie.

Respectfully, as it is a "request" I would probably have grounds. It might be, as you say, it is to ensure smart dressing so here's hoping. I'll phone the club for affirmation.

Edited by stlucifer

27 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

They must have done so as it states, "In keeping with the standards of dress maintained by the Saint Mirren football club, male guests are requested to wear a jacket and tie". Now. It says request but what happens if I turn up without? Will I be refused entry? I think I'll do just that and, if refused, request that the person who gave me the tickets get a full refund. Sorted.

I hardly think it is something to your knickers in a twist about . If they asked that you bring a UK passport to prove your identity , then I could see your point. .

7 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I hardly think it is something to your knickers in a twist about . If they asked that you bring a UK passport to prove your identity , then I could see your point. .

Perhaps not but it is something I find uncomfortable to wear so, being asked to wear it is a bit rich when they've been paid to afford me a comfortable, hospitable day. A passport doesn't irritate and I can keep it In my jacket pocket. Come to think about it. A jacket on a hot day? Never thought about that. :o

Just says jacket and tie . No mention of a shirt .....

50 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Perhaps not but it is something I find uncomfortable to wear so, being asked to wear it is a bit rich when they've been paid to afford me a comfortable, hospitable day. A passport doesn't irritate and I can keep it In my jacket pocket. Come to think about it. A jacket on a hot day? Never thought about that. :o

If you are wearing the right size of collar , it is possible to adjust the tie to a suitable , comfortable position that wouldn't be uncomfortable unless you had some medical condition. .in which case l'm sure you could get a note to said effect and show it at door. 

14 hours ago, Hambud said:

A tie for the day is no big deal I bought a black and white tie for such occasions. The club shop now sells St Mirren ties. Wear with pride. 

16 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Restaurants with a similar policy have a drawerful of tacky ties that they can offer a customer, if they turn up Un-tied.  You can say, you don't like the policy, you can demand monies back but the offer of a tie would help you get round the small 'House' hurdle. And so no refund would be due.

Edited by antrin

17 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Take a tie with you John... just in case.  Or wear it in and take it off as the gallionth Baileys slips down the gullet.

I agree though, Ties are so old-fashioed, they were only there to keep the collar closed and to use as a bib during the 1700s

23 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Being devil's advocate. Why do you feel you need to wear a tie at a funeral?