St Mirren v Ayr United Championship 1/4/17

shull

Boo f**king hoo...

What a whalloper!

We need to beat his lot on Saturday.

No excuses we have to win.

I can see Ayr bringing 700-800 fans with an overall crowd of around 5,000. Should be some atmosphere generated by both sets of supporters with so much at stake.

Any idea how ticket sales are going with the £10 tickets and free kids tickets for family stand?

5 hours ago, stripey said:

I take we will have a good support for the Ayr United game and as much I so want Stmirrren to win. every time we have a good support we loose here is hoping this is not one of these games.

That seems to be our M.O. Bit like the anti climax that was the last game at Love Street, as if Gus was ever going to "go for it"

Thought the Ayr keeper looked poor at both Utd goals. Also surprise to see the Ayr fans behind the goals instead of next to the main stand.

Absolutely keeper was rotten at the first goal. The good thing is if stelios is playing instead of Gary Irvine he'll squeeze one in at the near post like that as he did against Hibs.

Because of the Easter Holidays and having to cover for staff I'll miss the next few games due to work but hopefully there'll be a big support and the saints will do us proud. The next two games look on paper to be our best option for points. After that we have the top four teams to play with a Raith Rovers match sandwiched in near the end. It's going to be tight but hopefully it will all go our way. The Dundee Utd game will probably be the next match I can attend but until then I'll be there in spirit.

:withstupid

COYS

32 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Because of the Easter Holidays and having to cover for staff I'll miss the next few games due to work but hopefully there'll be a big support and the saints will do us proud. The next two games look on paper to be our best option for points. After that we have the top four teams to play with a Raith Rovers match sandwiched in near the end. It's going to be tight but hopefully it will all go our way. The Dundee Utd game will probably be the next match I can attend but until then I'll be there in spirit.

:withstupid

COYS

Your place will be taken by other Saints fans from N.B. There a quite a few, believe it or not.

Anything less than a win here is pretty unthinkable for us.  Our run in is the stuff of nightmares and I think we are going to need 9 points from our remaining 3 home games to have any chance of getting ourselves out this mess.

I think we will win.  This is our 6th game against Ayr this season and we've won 3 of the previous 5, drawing the other 2.  Having seen those 5 games, i can confirm Ayr really are a hopeless side.  I wouldn't take one of their players for our starting 11.  Our league form is pretty damn good at the moment too, all signs point to a comfortable home win..  Will go for 2-0 to the goodies.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Anything less than a win here is pretty unthinkable for us.  Our run in is the stuff of nightmares and I think we are going to need 9 points from our remaining 3 home games to have any chance of getting ourselves out this mess.

I think we will win.  This is our 6th game against Ayr this season and we've won 3 of the previous 5, drawing the other 2.  Having seen those 5 games, i can confirm Ayr really are a hopeless side.  I wouldn't take one of their players for our starting 11.  Our league form is pretty damn good at the moment too, all signs point to a comfortable home win..  Will go for 2-0 to the goodies.

For a really hopeless side they've taken 4 points at Easter Road. 

7 minutes ago, Kendo said:

For a really hopeless side they've taken 4 points at Easter Road. 

Indeed, which surprises me greatly.  I can only base my opinion on them on the 5 games I've seen them this season though.  And they've been shite each time.   Let's hope for similar tomorrow.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Indeed, which surprises me greatly.  I can only base my opinion on them on the 5 games I've seen them this season though.  And they've been shite each time.   Let's hope for similar tomorrow.

They are the Dogs of War as their manager says not interested in playing fitba

If we match their work rate we will win

We have better players but need to win the battle first

On 3/27/2017 at 7:14 PM, stlucifer said:

They must have done so as it states, "In keeping with the standards of dress maintained by the Saint Mirren football club, male guests are requested to wear a jacket and tie". Now. It says request but what happens if I turn up without? Will I be refused entry? I think I'll do just that and, if refused, request that the person who gave me the tickets get a full refund. Sorted.

I recently sat next to a tie-less iain Nicholson in hospitality

he was not the only tie-less person there