St Mirren v Ayr United Championship 1/4/17

shull

3 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Shite, should have stuck with Rae:P

Great game, Great performance. Just hope Morgan is ok! 

I think he'd be a big miss his pace frightens teams. You could see the Ayr back four give a collective sigh of relief after he went off. 

While I don't usually complain about "the physical side of things," Ayr were shocking and could have had two sent off,  For the Morgan injury, it looked a foul to me but not a particularly bad one. 

The only concern I have is O'Brian who looked a bit silly at both goals.

And the ref was poor as usual 

O'Brien pulled off a great save at the end of the first half. Overall, I thought he was fine today.

That first half was incredible - especially as, for the first few minutes, I thought Ayr looked far more up for it than us!

Can't remember us ever being so dominant, especially against a team in the same league. We looked like scoring every time we attacked and the only issue seemed to be our players had so much time, space and options they were unsure what to do with it on a few occasion! Ayr fans have been talking about how their team is up for the fight, well they absolutely chucked it after the second. McCall had the cheek to moan about the effort put in midweek and the players being leggy - well we've had a ton of midweek games lately and come through it without that sort of embarrassment.

Second half was perhaps understandable after a first like that. Losing Morgan was a huge blow for us and for him. Season over stuff :( Guess it'll be Smith out wide and Sutton starting - or Todd or Stelios being put there.

Aside from that the main issue is Ross will probably get manager of the month...

O'Brien pulled off a great save at the end of the first half. Overall, I thought he was fine today.

I thought he didn't look great with the few crosses ayr put in the box, or the spilled free kick. Anyway that's just nit picking.

Thought Loy grafted today. Mallan absolutely superb and looking like he will score or create every week. No failures at all actually.

Same again next week please

That Gary MacKenzie booking is truly woeful.

Time wasting at 5-0 up? Seriously?

The guy is left walking a tightrope for the rest of the game, where one mistimed tackle could see him off and suspended.

I noticed that he came back on to have it out with the ref at full-time. Not sure what the topic was, the booking or the challenge that dirty bastard put in on him just before he went off.

That first half was incredible - especially as, for the first few minutes, I thought Ayr looked far more up for it than us!
Can't remember us ever being so dominant, especially against a team in the same league. We looked like scoring every time we attacked and the only issue seemed to be our players had so much time, space and options they were unsure what to do with it on a few occasion! Ayr fans have been talking about how their team is up for the fight, well they absolutely chucked it after the second. McCall had the cheek to moan about the effort put in midweek and the players being leggy - well we've had a ton of midweek games lately and come through it without that sort of embarrassment.

If his team is a bit tired after a game on Tuesday night then maybe he should do something about their fitness...

Fantastic football in the First Half. Ayr reorganiised and managed to draw the second half. Good to get the final goal of the game.

Sorry to see Morgan injured. He has been my choice of star player this season.

Best wishes for a full and fast recovery.

After that first half it's a bit disappointing to finish with the same GD and the injuries to Morgan (looked serious) and Mallan.

Romped the first half but after Morgan was taken off we looked a bit shellshocked for 15/20 minutes - I was glad we scored to make the final act of the game a good one for us.

In a way it was a strange game 'cos we scored with the bulk of our chances, and I'm not trying to put a damper on it but Ayr & Dumbarton have both been pretty resilient this season, we're still tenth and we'll need to put in another performance just as good as this one next Saturday if we're going to move off bottom spot.

Speedy recovery for LM!

daWOW!!!! Just WOW!

Superb stuff today. We were so good today I left feeling disappointed we lost those goals. Still. 1 point behind, game in hand and an eight goal turnaround in GD. Just a shame Dumbarton pulled another win out the fire. I was in hospitality today and I have to say they did contribute to the noise. Great atmosphere, great performance, great result. AND,.... I didn't need a tie.

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, mcdowell76 said:

Losing Morgan and Davis could prove costly.

We are already an injury or suspension away from Webster getting a recall.

Now we are without a winger.

We will get relegated.

I think we could move Stelios to the left in front of Eckersley and have Irvine back on the right.

Load of old crap - the first goal? Mallan's strike at times was about three inches above the grass - keep the shot down son. The second merely looped in, when the top corner was just begging to be hit. The third was scrappy, the fourth merely rolled over the line - hammer the damn thing son. The fifth was OK, but let's be honest, it wasn't Alex Beckett at Sellik Park, was it. The sixth? A nonsense - hit the post before netting a rebound? Stick it away first time son.

Dreadful from St Mirren all round. Ross needs to get this sorted or I won't be back. Pffffttttt.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

Load of old crap - the first goal? Mallan's strike at times was about three inches above the grass - keep the shot down son. The second merely looped in, when the top corner was just begging to be hit. The third was scrappy, the fourth merely rolled over the line - hammer the damn thing son. The fourth was merely bad defending, we can take no credit. The fifth was OK, but let's be honest, it wasn't Alex Beckett at Sellik Park, was it. The sixth? A nonsense - hit the post before netting a rebound? Stick it away first time son.

Dreadful from St Mirren all round. Ross needs to get this sorted or I won't be back. Pffffttttt.

FFS, cringe. :snore

37 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Losing Morgan and Davis could prove costly.

We are already an injury or suspension away from Webster getting a recall.

Now we are without a winger.

We will get relegated.

As negativity goes you must have a master's degree. After a performance like that you seriously think we will be relegated ? Seriously you think we will finish below that Ayr team or lose a play off playing like that. If you do you are mental (or have an agenda !)