St Mirren v Ayr United Championship 1/4/17

shull

Couldn't see any contact on morgan really from the video so someone in mainstand could clarify if he did take a hit. Stellios did take a forearm to his face aff that fat wank cairney should be a foul there for there second. But hey ho onwards n upwards

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

How the f**k was that not a foul on Stelios in the lead up to the 2nd Ayr goal ? Dirty wee fat c**t Cairney with a body check fit for the wrestling ring .

Surely one for the compliance officer. Looked like dangerous play. Worse than any of Goodies misnomers five match ban should be enough:D

Also would like to see the elbow on McKenzie dealt with. 

I

1 hour ago, jkd said:

Couldn't see any contact on morgan really from the video so someone in mainstand could clarify if he did take a hit. Stellios did take a forearm to his face aff that fat wank cairney should be a foul there for there second. But hey ho onwards n upwards

I was in the main stand but not all that near the incident, it looked like the damage done to Morgan was accidental, a 50/50 ball where Morgan was stretching to win the ball and the Ayr player went in to clear the ball and got the ball first. I think Morgan has been really unlucky that he was at full stretch and took the full weight of a strong but fair challenge on a foot /ankle in mid-air. Knew straight away it was a bad one as he didn't put any weight on it as soon as the challenge went in and he hopped to a standstill and waited for the stretcher.

As for bad Ayr challenges the video doesn't show the booking (leniant) for the tackle on Mallan, the late challenge on O' Brien (El Alagui) the elbow on MacKenzie (El Alagui again). I am guessing no foul was given for the 'challenge' on Stellious as it looked like he overran the ball and had it nicked from him before he then got body slammed.

The Morgan injury was right in front of me. Looked like one of those ones where the ball was struck by both players at the exact same moment and the force of the ball sprung his ankle. 

Hopefuly it's not too serious as he's been outstanding. 

That "challenge" on Stelios would be more at home during Wrestlemania tonight, could dub wresting commentary over it :lol: absolute clothesline! You can see McGinn at the end telling him to get up and get on with it as well... 

Poor Stelios.

Tbf the Morgan one was a fair challenge, just unfortunate that he got injured. Hope he makes a fast recovery. 

I was in the main stand and looked more like a 50/50 and Morgan just came off worse. He was signaling to the bench to be subbed before he even went down

8 hours ago, jkd said:

It was not a kick he took. Both Morgan and the Ayr player kicked the ball in the air at the same time with force. Morgan was clearly in a lot of pain. 

11 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Few other random thoughts from today:

Could not hear the drum in Northbank W1

Its great when away fans are in away stand, doesn't matter how many of them there are

Should play more games in decent weather and less in crap winter weather/pitches

Where were the unused 3,500 seats in stadium today?

Probably more.....

Surely the benefit of having the whole of the west stand for saints fans is now clear to the board and Tony. Our 3 best performance this season were against Hibs, Dundee U and Ayr when we had the stand.. Great performance and result yesterday but shame about Morgan  :( 

15 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

We were outstanding! Hopefully we can do this and make the great escape.

The only downer from today was Stelios cheating at their second goal which caused three of his fellow team mates to tell him to get off his arse and get a grip. We don't need that pish in our team.

Cheating?

I take it you haven't seen the highlights yet?

Can't understand why some Saints fans go out of their way to find negatives that don't exist - that's what the oppositions fans are for. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Cheating?

I take it you haven't seen the highlights yet?

Can't understand why some Saints fans go out of their way to find negatives that don't exist - that's what the oppositions fans are for. 

Was just about to post similar.

Pretty poor show to accuse a player of cheating. It always looked a foul to me, and the highlights absolutely confirm that.

Stelios was great for us yesterday.

9 hours ago, Drew said:

Was just about to post similar.

Pretty poor show to accuse a player of cheating. It always looked a foul to me, and the highlights absolutely confirm that.

Stelios was great for us yesterday.

Yip.

It's a case of "Get your humble pie here" and directions to Specsavers for the individuals who said he dived.

He was quite clearly barged over by a late tackle.:wacko:

Edited by FTOF

17 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Fantastic performance. Some of football today was superb. Made 2 silly mistakes at the back which should have done better at. apart from his mistake for the 2nd goal I thought Stellos was MOM but you could pick anybody today. Mallan. McGinn. Smith. Loy. and Morgan were fantastic. just a shame about Morgan's injury.

Have you watched the highlights Gary  (at 7:55 mins) ? Wee bastard Cairney flattened him !!   Bloody assault !

16 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

We were outstanding! Hopefully we can do this and make the great escape.

The only downer from today was Stelios cheating at their second goal which caused three of his fellow team mates to tell him to get off his arse and get a grip. We don't need that pish in our team.

As others have said . Cheating ?  you may want to check again and feel free to admit you got it badly wrong.

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If it's not already clear yesterdays result was a cracker. Some people making way too much about Ayr scoring Two goals, they score most weeks but don't let in six. Roll on next week, hope the weather stays good. :rolleyes:

Our levels dropped after Morgan was carried off. I think the players were wanting off job done without further injuries. 

I hope we win 6-2 every week. :clapping

Wasn’t at the game but just watched the highlights on Youtube. We looked like world beaters at times. I thought McGinn and Stelios linked up well. The players shooting skills were excellent What a goal from Kyle Magennis it was absolute perfection from such a tight angle. Big McKenzie bulleted that header from a great Mallan free kick and St Mirren were just sublime.

As far as the Ayr Goals go,big Fecking Cairney looked like he’d eaten more than his fair share of pies but he essentially scored both. Where that display of nimbleness came from to dance around the St Mirren Defence and slot that one in is a mystery but the defence were basically watching the ref after he pole-axed Stelios when Ayr scored the second. If Stelios hadn’t made such a meal of it maybe O’Brien would have been concentrating on the ball instead of the foul. It was a definite foul though.

I think the foul on Morgan looked 50/50 and the news that it’s not as bad as first thought is good. It’ll be interesting to see what formation Jack puts out for the Dumbarton game.

On the psychological side of things, I see McCall is beginning to crack. He fears the worst and told the BBC.

"I'm not under pressure in the slightest. If the worst comes to the worst and it happens, the chairman knows I took us up last year. That's the very last thing in my mind."

Come on the Saints we need to keep our foot on the gas. The great escape is definitely on. We just need to keep the heid.

:withstupid

I think we're staying up

Edited by East Lothian Saint
avoiding relegation

Have you watched the highlights Gary  (at 7:55 mins) ? Wee bastard Cairney flattened him !!   Bloody assault !

There was a foul however stelios had made the mistake of not hoofing the ball up the line.

"Wee" and "Cairney" in the same sentence, I didn't think I'd ever see that. [emoji6]

I stand to be corrected but by my reckoning yesterday was:

First time we've scored six goals since beating Peterhead 6-1 in the Scottish Cup in January 2011 (also last time we were 4-0 up at half-time)

First time we've scored six in the league since beating Clydebank 8-0 in March 2000!

First time we've won more than two consecutive league games since December 2008 when we won all four games - Jack Ross and Stephen McGinn started all four

What a great day! Best £15 taxi fare ever spent.

I thought we were superb with no failures. The injury to Morgan was the only real downside (I'm getting used to Dumbarton eeking out good results against the odds).

I've just finished with the highlights and post match interview on youtube and a special mention must go to the angry St Mirren fan who is shouting about saints not being good enough when chances are missed at 3-0 and who also throws a fit when Ayr get their first :). I'm pretty sure he wasn't being ironic.

Interesting from Jack Ross, both admitting that he may have made a mistake in not bringing Stelios on last week and also hinting that the plan to cover for Lewis might be to push Stelios forward and (I assume) being Gary Irvine back in. I think that would work so here's hoping.

Get well soon Lewis - hopefully you will be back for the Great Escape After Party  B)

Edited by southsidebud