Ayr United v Dumbarton Sat 25th March

faraway saint

Like I said on the other thread Dumbarton's result today was as impressive as Ayr's and it's not as if Ayr went to EEP & outplayed Dunfermline. Dumbarton are still in the mix and I'd imagine they'll be as up for it as Ayr two teams giving it 110% and the best result for us are a Dumbarton win then a draw and lastly an Ayr win.

We've got better players than either Ayr or Dumbarton, a balanced squad now so all we have to ensure is that we match them in attitude - I'm far from despondent after today's results.

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's difficult to really say, so close and could go anyway.

I'm not even sure I'm allowed an opinion so I'll not bother. :whistle

FFS 

Of course you're not allowed an opinion.

YOU AINT A SUPPORTER OF THE CENTURY OF ANY TEAM  :lol:

17 hours ago, saintargyll said:

For me,an Ayr victory all day long

That result puts both Ayr and Dumbarton 4 pts ahead of us but gives us a game in hand over Dumbarton

i would rather keep both close rather than putting all our eggs in one basket by hoping Ayr lose next week

No don't agree a draw would be better IMO. It would stop any Ayr momentum and keep Dumbarton in touch and give us the opportunity to leapfrog Ayr on April 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 6:38 PM, saintargyll said:

For me,an Ayr victory all day long

That result puts both Ayr and Dumbarton 4 pts ahead of us but gives us a game in hand over Dumbarton

i would rather keep both close rather than putting all our eggs in one basket by hoping Ayr lose next week

On 3/19/2017 at 11:46 AM, Kendo said:

No don't agree a draw would be better IMO. It would stop any Ayr momentum and keep Dumbarton in touch and give us the opportunity to leapfrog Ayr on April 1st.

Win our next 2 games and we could end up 7TH

3 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Win our next 2 games and we could end up 7TH

However if we beat Ayr and lose to Dumbarton we'll still be bottom.

I'd rather only have to win one game to get off the bottom than need to win two. 

However I do take your point. We now go into two games where we watch through our fingers. Nothing other than victory will do. 

Not a time for faint hearts.

3 minutes ago, Kendo said:

However if we beat Ayr and lose to Dumbarton we'll still be bottom.

I'd rather only have to win one game to get off the bottom than need to win two. 

However I do take your point. We now go into two games where we watch through our fingers. Nothing other than victory will do. 

Not a time for faint hearts.

to be fair...we need to win 7 games