PITCH INVASION

I was at Palmerston yesterday and the one man pitch invasion was mildly amusing but rather stupid in my opinion. Over here in the East even in the more salubrious parts of East Lothian Young and not so young Hibs dafties are still getting huckled for celebrating their cup Final win. They are being charged with encroaching the playing area and causing annoyance to the opposing support. Hibs and Rangers were threatened with £100,000 fines. Pitch invasions are still very much at the forefront of Police and SFA thinking.

I don't know if a man on a mission to congratulate Stevie Mallon for ensuring his bookie slip was a winner made it into the Ref's report or not but if it did could St Mirren get fined? As a Club we can't afford to fix the undersoil heating or play all the players wages without SMISA help. Maybe GS will ask for help with the fine too if it arrives.

Could the next SMISA Vote be, will we pay the fine on Behalf of our over exuberant fan who gave us all a laugh. 

:withstupid

COYS

screw the nut

Any thoughts???

Edited by East Lothian Saint
bookies win

I would like to think that this is more of an issue on Queen of the Souths behalf, with someone entering the field of play at their ground.

St. Mirren will certainly be asked to intervene and co-operate, which would most likely sanction a ban on the culprit entering any games at the Paisley 2021 and/or away grounds.

The last time i witnessed this was at Bloomfield in Blackpool 2000, when a streaker from the saints end ran onto the park. All i remember was that he spent a night/weekend in the cells and had to appear at court on the Monday and no fines were sanctioned to our club. 

*Please note, I was not said streaker

Edited by kevo_smfc

18 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I would like to think that this is more of an issue on Queen of the Souths behalf, with someone entering the field of play at their ground.

St. Mirren will certainly be asked to intervene and co-operate, which would most likely sanction a ban on the culprit entering any games at the Paisley 2021 and/or away grounds.

The last time i witnessed this was at Bloomfield in Blackpool 2000, when a streaker from the saints end ran onto the park. All i remember was that he spent a night/weekend in the cells and had to appear at court on the Monday and no fines were sanctioned to our club. 

*Please note, I was not said streaker

Was at that game . Seem to remember he never managed to remove his socks for his streak . That was probably one of the most drunken away supports I've experienced.

*Please note , I was not said streaker .

Just now, cockles1987 said:

I was there and concur regarding the drunkenness. I was neither the streaker or can remember a streaker. emoji481.pngemoji481.pngemoji481.png

Do you mind the Saints fan that went and sat in the Blackpool dugout during the game ? 

45 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I was there and concur regarding the drunkenness. I was neither the streaker or can remember a streaker. emoji481.pngemoji481.pngemoji481.png

As a further endorsement I too was at that game and can concur regarding the drunkness of the support 

As above I too was not the streaker 

my mistake was wearing my tangerine orange Saints away top - much to the amusement of the Saints in jaggy thistle social club

40 minutes ago, Liverpool Bud said:

As a further endorsement I too was at that game and can concur regarding the drunkness of the support 

As above I too was not the streaker 

my mistake was wearing my tangerine orange Saints away top - much to the amusement of the Saints in jaggy thistle social club

Oh dear the Jaggy Thistle that weekend was pretty mental alot of shit happened in that pub that due to legal reasons can not be divulged in a public forum.

As it stands now, every club is liable for their own supporters either home or away, the guy ran on the park yesterday because he had Mallan as first scorer on his coupon, people scoffed when i said SMFC could get a fine for it, they absolutely could get a fine if the ref reports it.

The young guys need to realise that any breach of the law will cost the club money. I have been told that we now have a supporters liaison officer, that job involves advising supporters on what is or is not acceptable, i have yet to see that person/persons at any match.

Edited to add, although i was told the names of 2 people who were to be our SLO  i have now been advised that the club are still in the process of establishing that role ?

Edited by buddiecat
news just in

12 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

As it stands now, every club is liable for their own supporters either home or away, the guy ran on the park yesterday because he had Mallan as first scorer on his coupon, people scoffed when i said SMFC could get a fine for it, they absolutely could get a fine if the ref reports it.

The young guys need to realise that any breach of the law will cost the club money. I have been told that we now have a supporters liaison officer, that job involves advising supporters on what is or is not acceptable, i have yet to see that person/persons at any match.

That'll be me. :whistle

Guest TPAFKATS

The Blackpool trip in 1999 was also pretty good. Not sure why it went so nuts in 2000. Suppose it was a league title, Glasgow fair weekend and the success of the previous year's trip.
It was (one of) my stag dos in Blackpool that weekend.
* please note I was not said streaker

Do you mind the Saints fan that went and sat in the Blackpool dugout during the game ? 

I remember Steve Mcmahon who was the Blackpool manager saying that he saw this guy try and climb up on top of the dugout only to slide down like a greasy egg [emoji23]

• 5 weeks later...

Someone appeared in court yesterday about this. He denied it and it'll go to trial. The sheriff decided against imposing a ban on him from going to all grounds in the interim because it's an important time of the season and "Your team needs you" :o:lol:

30 minutes ago, Stu said:

Someone appeared in court yesterday about this. He denied it and it'll go to trial. The sheriff decided against imposing a ban on him from going to all grounds in the interim because it's an important time of the season and "Your team needs you" :o:lol:

What position does he play in.

Guest TPAFKATS

I was there. the young man ran on the pitch when Mallan scored and joined I with players celebration

So no dubiety despite the not guilty plea? [emoji2]

Apologies, got the sheriff's quote wrong yesterday as I was trying to do it from memory. It was actually: "It’s an important time for your team at the moment so I’m not going to ban you at this time."