Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
antrin

Paying for the SFA salaries...

Recommended Posts

... is what you do when you go to watch shite like Scotland v Canada.

And even when you go to a diddy cup final... (And I really mean that folks.  It might be a reasonable day out, but it helps pay THEIR wages.)

 

Here's an idea - what if SOME of that money went into making fitba an accessible sport for the majority of Scots youngsters?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39326930

The man in this link is much more deserving of any finance available than the berks ruining oor game.

Better for the kids, better for our National game and better for the nation as a whole.

 

Agents Doncaster and Reagan ruling the Scottish game and funded by you.  Well done, them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

... is what you do when you go to watch shite like Scotland v Canada.

And even when you go to a diddy cup final... (And I really mean that folks.  It might be a reasonable day out, but it helps pay THEIR wages.)

 

Here's an idea - what if SOME of that money went into making fitba an accessible sport for the majority of Scots youngsters?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39326930

The man in this link is much more deserving of any finance available than the berks ruining oor game.

Better for the kids, better for our National game and better for the nation as a whole.

 

Agents Doncaster and Reagan ruling the Scottish game and funded by you.  Well done, them.

Ok, everybody, don't go an watch your team in a diddy, or any other, cup final.

Aye, cut off your nose to spite..........................:1eye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evils shouldn't be ignored, pod.

Until the most recent encounter, I'd been to EVERY game that Scotland played south of the border since 1969.  I'd been trying to wean myself off it - and off of financially supporting the corrupt cabal running Scottish fitba.  I now think I've achieved that.  I won't go.  I just won't subsidise them any more.  It has to change and be more accountable to the people who pay the entry fees.

(I see you quote Skidmark.  That no-mark disnae go to Scotland games or more especially to St Mirren games, unless they're against his beloved sevco, so his opinion is irrelevant and he won't be even scratching his nose, whatever...)

The SFA disnae spend enough on grass roots fitba - and making it free and easily accessible to all kids. 

Even though Saints have reached the final of this diddy cup, and being in the final has changed perceptions, it was still remains a nonsense diddy cup.   Winning ten of them won't be as important as avoiding a single relegation.  Saints don't need distractions like that, right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, antrin said:

Evils shouldn't be ignored, pod.

Until the most recent encounter, I'd been to EVERY game that Scotland played south of the border since 1969.  I'd been trying to wean myself off it - and off of financially supporting the corrupt cabal running Scottish fitba.  I now think I've achieved that.  I won't go.  I just won't subsidise them any more.  It has to change and be more accountable to the people who pay the entry fees.

(I see you quote Skidmark.  That no-mark disnae go to Scotland games or more especially to St Mirren games, unless they're against his beloved sevco, so his opinion is irrelevant and he won't be even scratching his nose, whatever...)

The SFA disnae spend enough on grass roots fitba - and making it free and easily accessible to all kids. 

Even though Saints have reached the final of this diddy cup, and being in the final has changed perceptions, it was still remains a nonsense diddy cup.   Winning ten of them won't be as important as avoiding a single relegation.  Saints don't need distractions like that, right now.

Couldnae make it up.:lol:

Tantrum doesn't go and had the front to throw the same nonsense at me. :1eye

Do you have any proof of this allegation.....................you really need to get a grip. It's bee well noticed you have lost the plot, maybe time to give it up...............breathing I mean. :booty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, antrin said:

... is what you do when you go to watch shite like Scotland v Canada.

And even when you go to a diddy cup final... (And I really mean that folks.  It might be a reasonable day out, but it helps pay THEIR wages.)

 

Here's an idea - what if SOME of that money went into making fitba an accessible sport for the majority of Scots youngsters?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39326930

The man in this link is much more deserving of any finance available than the berks ruining oor game.

Better for the kids, better for our National game and better for the nation as a whole.

 

Agents Doncaster and Reagan ruling the Scottish game and funded by you.  Well done, them.

Football IS an accessible sport for the majority of Scots youngsters.

And the game, and indeed the country, is becoming more middle class because so many people have managed to haul themselves out of sink estates and are earning decent incomes. He seems to think that is a bad thing. He also fails to understand that you don't need to be escaping from something to have drive. Young middle class kids have drive. They just don't necessarily see football as the only option they have. Our kids these days are excelling at a wider range of things.

It's great that people like him focus on those sink estates but he ruins his message because he is mixing up two things.

As such he comes across as having an anti-middle class rant.

The real problem is that football doesn't seem to have grasped that it is now competing with a much wider range of options for kids.

Football is still a big deal. A bit less whining and a bit more positivity from guys who have the power to influence the game is called for here.

As for "funding SFA salaries". What a load of nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:)

Hiya Skidmark!  Hiya Shitey!

Knew you would come back with mince.

I've been to more Saints games this season than you, I would think. Have you been to ANY?  Di you manage to travel all the way from Arbroath to Kirkcaldy or was that too far?  Sevco weren't playing, of course, so why would you?

I see you emboldened only the Scotland games that - aye - I declared I don't go to.  I noticed you talked about supporting your team and never mentioned St Mirren - what a surprise!  :lol

So... are you going to see Saints in the diddy cup final or are you saving your money to see if/when sevco fail in another diddy cup?

 

To address a bigger point, which you palpably ignored - financing the SFA instead of poor kids wanting to play fitba - your financial input is never going to be likely to fund either.

 

 

Back on ignore - unless you have got over your fear of racing against me - as you're such a young and vibrant epitome of health, physical and mental.  Not.  :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Football IS an accessible sport for the majority of Scots youngsters.

And the game, and indeed the country, is becoming more middle class because so many people have managed to haul themselves out of sink estates and are earning decent incomes. He seems to think that is a bad thing. He also fails to understand that you don't need to be escaping from something to have drive. Young middle class kids have drive. They just don't necessarily see football as the only option they have. Our kids these days are excelling at a wider range of things.

It's great that people like him focus on those sink estates but he ruins his message because he is mixing up two things.

As such he comes across as having an anti-middle class rant.

The real problem is that football doesn't seem to have grasped that it is now competing with a much wider range of options for kids.

Football is still a big deal. A bit less whining and a bit more positivity from guys who have the power to influence the game is called for here.

As for "funding SFA salaries". What a load of nonsense.

As I guess most of your experience derives from a middle class viewpoint of the game, I doubt you can fully appreciate what he is saying. He's not coping with middle class kids - he's focusing on kids who have so little that fitba may be one the very few ways out - and he believes access for them is screwed.

 

Poor kids don't have the wide range of choice  that you mention.

 

And who do you think pays the SFA? Is it the tooth fairy?

Edited by antrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, antrin said:

:)

Hiya Skidmark!  Hiya Shitey!

Knew you would come back with mince.

I've been to more Saints games this season than you, I would think. Have you been to ANY?  Di you manage to travel all the way from Arbroath to Kirkcaldy or was that too far?  Sevco weren't playing, of course, so why would you?

I see you emboldened only the Scotland games that - aye - I declared I don't go to.  I noticed you talked about supporting your team and never mentioned St Mirren - what a surprise!  :lol

So... are you going to see Saints in the diddy cup final or are you saving your money to see if/when sevco fail in another diddy cup?

 

To address a bigger point, which you palpably ignored - financing the SFA instead of poor kids wanting to play fitba - your financial input is never going to be likely to fund either.

 

 

Back on ignore - unless you have got over your fear of racing against me - as you're such a young and vibrant epitome of health, physical and mental.  Not.  :P

 

Yeah, another twat who forgets I've been in Saudi, the last 3-4 weeks apart.

What does that have to do with anything anyway? :1eye

I don't have any fear of you in any way.

Maybe we'll bump into each other then your ability to run will come in handy. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet another thread being spoiled by skidmark... ex-Saudi ex-pat   why didn't you mention it Skidmark?! :o

Who knew?

Never addresses a subject, always simplistic unwitty quips, comes out with ageist pish, but scared to have a wee race against someone auld bastard who's a couple of decades older than him.  :lol 

Wants me to stop breathing soon, thinks I need to run away, feart, I presume, of his violence...

We won't bump into each other.  You don't go to see St Mirren and I don't go to see sevco.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, antrin said:

Yet another thread being spoiled by skidmark... ex-Saudi ex-pat   why didn't you mention it Skidmark?! :o

Who knew?

Never addresses a subject, always simplistic unwitty quips, comes out with ageist pish, but scared to have a wee race against someone auld bastard who's a couple of decades older than him.  :lol 

Wants me to stop breathing soon, thinks I need to run away, feart, I presume, of his violence...

We won't bump into each other.  You don't go to see St Mirren and I don't go to see sevco.

 

Another thread ruined? :lol:

The thread is pointless, like most of your posts.

If you thought I was still in Saudi doesn't it make your "I've been to more games than you nah nah nah nah nah" point rather idiotic?

Oh dear, you are a silly auld fool. :1eye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that he was a sevco fan before he started using illegal ageist patter.  

He has never denied that he is... unless he has done so since I started ignoring him?

When he first came on here, I helpfully advised him to not let us all know his address.  

 I never fell out. I just realised he was boring and bigoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Another thread ruined? :lol:

The thread is pointless, like most of your posts.

If you thought I was still in Saudi doesn't it make your "I've been to more games than you nah nah nah nah nah" point rather idiotic?

Oh dear, you are a silly auld fool. :1eye

Whoosh.

How could anyone have avoided knowing you were in Saudi?  Every post was full of the pish.

 

Sorry.  A wasted post is one that references you. Just as a wasted thread usually has you to blame for that.

 I will ignore again.

 

You win, with your illegal ageist patter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pod said:

Strange when one doesn't like or falls out with a fellow supporter they label them a sevco follower. :blink:

It's only because I don't join in with his persistent rants about Rangers and he equates that to following them.

Strange eh?

Now I'm a bigot. :lol:

Love to see him prove that. :1eye

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yeah, another twat who forgets I've been in Saudi, the last 3-4 weeks apart.

What does that have to do with anything anyway? :1eye

I don't have any fear of you in any way.

Maybe we'll bump into each other then your ability to run will come in handy. :rolleyes:

2 x Daily flights from Dubia to Glasgow airport, surely you could have made the 2nd half of a game :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, antrin said:

As I guess nost of your experience derives from a middle class viewpoint of the game, I doubt you can fully appreciate what he is saying. He's not coping with middle class kids - he's focusing on kids who have so little that fitba may be one the very few ways out - and he believes access for them is screwed.

 

Poor kids don't have the wide range of choice  that you mention.

 

And who do you think pays the SFA? Is it the tooth fairy?

You know nothing about me or my upbringing so please dont assume anything about whether I "get" what he is saying or not about poor kids. I certainly dont need you or anyone else teaching me about the range of options open to poorer kids.

As for the SFA, I really dont care.

Calm down a little bit bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You know nothing about me or my upbringing so please dont assume anything about whether I "get" what he is saying or not about poor kids. I certainly dont need you or anyone else teaching me about the range of options open to poorer kids.

As for the SFA, I really dont care.

Calm down a little bit bud.

I am calm.

i never mentioned your upbringing, but I doubt you'd dispute that you ARE middle class?

also you responded to my broaching of a subject by someone in prime position to comment on lack of facilities for poor kids by using your knowledge of what's available for middle class kids as contra-indicatory...?

 

And as for the SFA...?  It's customers like your good self who funds them. Are you perfectly at ease with their lack of bang for buck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, antrin said:

I am calm.

i never mentioned your upbringing, but I doubt you'd dispute that you ARE middle class?

also you responded to my broaching of a subject by someone in prime position to comment on lack of facilities for poor kids by using your knowledge of what's available for middle class kids as contra-indicatory...?

 

And as for the SFA...?  It's customers like your good self who funds them. Are you perfectly at ease with their lack of bang for buck?

Being middle class doesn't mean I don't have the background to comment on those at the bottom of the pile whose parents can't apparently afford even £1 to allow their kids the chance to play football and escape the sink estates and yet can find that £1 easily enough when they want something for themselves. I recognise that from my childhood days. That is a chat for another thread.

I am not using the example of middle class as contra-indicatory. I am trying to explain that the game has become more middle class because more people are now middle class. That seems like commonsense and not something we should be bemoaning as a society. We can't complain about sink estates and then complain when people manage to escape them.

As for the SFA, I have already said I don't care but apparently my message wasn't clear enough.
I'll try again. I have a huge amount going on in my life. Most of it exciting and fun and some of it less so. The performance of the SFA absolutely doesn't register for me. It has no importance for me right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×