The Drum

14 hours ago, shull said:
14907122_1008647462580843_12504827318383

Singing Section - Drum

Good evening everyone just back from a meeting with Fitzy and giving you all a wee update about Saturday.

After the club announced the rules regarding the drum we noticed a few of them weren’t ideal.

The two main concerns I brought up with Tony were dropping the drum off at least 1 day before a game and the movement of the area from W5 to W7.

I was very happy with the way that Tony has explained to me regarding how change of policy Isn’t as simple as it looks and involves police / security etc and with bad incidents happening in the past with away supporters with a drum they weren’t too keen on allowing it back.

Tony has said that he wants to ensure we can get the drum in as I said I don’t want it to become a chore for the people organising we want it to be enjoyable. Tony replied with I want the drum in that badly that I will even come and pick it up from whoever has it the day before if it makes it easier.

The other concern I mentioned about us having to move to W7 I was told that this was the sensible solution due to the club receiving complaints from people who are in W5 etc who would not be happy with the drum being in place there which is fair enough, He also added that being in W7 will ensure that we don’t block anyones views throughout the game which we currently would in W5.

Loads of people have been saying that W7 wont work Supras tried it etc even though I’m not happy with being along here were not going to spit the dummy out and fling away our chance to make it work with the drum.

The drum trial period will be reviewed each game and we hope to do enough during this period to not only build a relationship with the club and show them that we can be trusted ( get a few of the red tape rules removed) but also create a bond with the fans who may not think they will like it, this is a chance for us to change their mind.

Me and the boys are going to put 100% effort into making this work in W7 and would appreciate if all other fans could help us out by moving along!

We are hoping that the full west stand will be packed full but in the chance it is not we will be putting our banners over the empty seats infront of us which will box us in in a way the same way the vomitory does and ensure we are close together and create a good atmosphere.

We are going to be bringing a few of our larger banner flags and having them up behind us / the side of us to add some colour.

LETS DO THIS GUYS

COYS

Josh beating the drum off the park and Kyle beating it on the park.We are also celebrating the birth of beautiful twins this week to add to the family and a win tomorrow would make it absolutely perfect.We are family,We are St Mirren.

8 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

What a load of fuss over 1 drum

Better not wake me up though

I'm use to a couple hours kip at the Grey Shoebox most weeks

We are wideawake and thriving now. 

Been asleep and having a nightmare since March 18th 2013.

No more. 

Let's have Greenhill Road rocking, starting tomorrow and forevermore. 

FECKING WAKE UP YE BASSAS 

W5 would work fine as long as folks around the drummer stayed seated.

I was never a great fan... But I was sat directly across the aisle from the drum at the cup final and it didn't bother me one iota.

Nobody blocked my view...
Incredibly, people managed to sit and sing at the same time despite many believing this to be impossible.

The atmosphere at the cup final was as good as I have ever heard from Saints fans in over 40 years of going to games.

It was not exclusively down to the singing section... Although they played their part.

It was down to the combined efforts of fans and players together.

All in favour of the drum now and hopefully common sense will prevail in not marginalising those behind it.

5 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

We could add wind instruments Rangers , The Rangers ,Sevco etc (delete were necessary) have been using them for years.:ph34r:

We had a big wind instrument, but Div Wank Tanked him and he buggered off to annoy the feeshal' forum.

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

100% home record with the drum in the stadium :thumbs2

Good decision by the club to allow it... 

I noticed a couple of the Ayr United (very) Young team being shown where the exit was by the stewards. While as far as i could see, none of our fans suffered the same fate.

Interesting to note that Ayr were in fact....Drumless!!      

Proof if proof was needed that the Drum promotes peace and harmony among supporters. When are the powers at be in Scottish Football going to wake up and realise that Drums should be compulsory at all games ? :clapping

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I noticed a couple of the Ayr United (very) Young team being shown where the exit was by the stewards. While as far as i could see, none of our fans suffered the same fate.

Interesting to note that Ayr were in fact....Drumless!!      

Proof if proof was needed that the Drum promotes peace and harmony among supporters. When are the powers at be in Scottish Football going to wake up and realise that Drums should be compulsory at all games ? :clapping

Nope, we behaved! We were careful to avoid "antagonistic drumming". :D 

The problem is clearly not W5 or W7, it was great today emanating from W7 and the rest of our stands joining in. The key to me is to keep the entire West Stand for Saints fans and no matter how small the away support, stick them in the North Stand. Tape off sections of the North Stand and 'herd' small visiting supports into the one area behind the goal. Two stewards and a couple of pie stall lassies?... pay for em' from the SMiSA £2 fund. What a great difference it made today having the away fans grreetin' into their Bovril in the North Stand. It also makes a big difference to the toilet / catering facilities for us in the West Bank, and it also allows drummers, flag wavers and keen singers to join up in W7 and gives us a point of focus in the North Stand for the 'cheerio, cheerio, cheerio' song...

3 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

3VYZMUN.jpg

Nothing remotely unreasonable in that post. The drum was quite clearly a success, and the club should be doing everything they can to relax the overly officious conditions attached in order to encourage the folks behind it to carry on. Why put obstacles in their way?

If we can't get the paisley drum because it's stashed full of buckfast, dope and a bottle of lucozade how about we just get this lot in. I'm sure we used to let pipe bands into football grounds in the past. I wonder how much lucozade they managed to get past the stewards.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
pish computer skills

Maybe the drum should go down the voting route off what section to be in w5/w6 or w7 then if what ever section comes out on top take it to the club and say listen we understand your policy on the drum but we had a vote with fans an they want it in w 5/6 or 7

Maybe the drum should go down the voting route off what section to be in w5/w6 or w7 then if what ever section comes out on top take it to the club and say listen we understand your policy on the drum but we had a vote with fans an they want it in w 5/6 or 7

It'd be nice to know if W7 is part of a wider strategy or even a trial linked to a possible strategy. Do the club see W6/W7 as preferred for safe seating for example? Easier to isolate without effecting the media platform and offers W1 as still a good area for any returning camera platform. Just spit balling here, certainly not heard anything behind the scenes. Then again, that'd limit W6/W7 to never being for away fans so even that throws up debate. I think that even if there was a vote, that just goes in the mix instead of being an instruction at this point.

What I can say though is that SMISA did ask the question about the drum and about the West stand being for home fans only. So the voice of the fans is being heard and your views picked up and discussed. There's even a SMISA board election coming up shortly, which offers a chance to get involved.